Author Topic: 'Fixed it for you. You're welcome': Monica Lewinsky hits out at CNN's HLN TV for promoting ...  (Read 929 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Full title:  'Fixed it for you. You're welcome': Monica Lewinsky hits out at CNN's HLN TV for promoting documentary about 'Lewinsky scandal' scandal' - prompting ex-White House intern to rename it 'The Clinton Impeachment'
Daily Mail/UK, Nov 28, 2017, Ariel Zilber

The former White House intern whose affair with then-President Bill Clinton led to his impeachment has a message for the world – don’t call it the ‘Monica Lewinsky scandal.’

Lewinsky on Tuesday took to Twitter and hit out at CNN’s HLN network for promoting a new two-hour documentary looking back at the saga.

‘HLN to revisit “The Monica Lewinsky Scandal” with two-hour special,’ read the announcement on Twitter.

Lewinsky re-tweeted the post – but with the words ‘The Monica Lewinsky Scandal’ crossed out.

Instead, she drew two arrows and wrote new titles, including ‘The Starr Investigation’ and ‘The Clinton Impeachment.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5127247/Monica-Lewinsky-hits-CNNs-HLN-TV-documentary.html#ixzz4zpHCwN15

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:12:39 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

She's got a point.  The media isn't naming Barton´s and Conyers' sexual misconduct after the women.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They can't say Clinton Scandal, because that could mean anything.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

88devil

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Very true.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
They couldn't use "Clinton Impeachment" because that would imply he was impeached.
Countdown to Resignation

They couldn't use "Clinton Impeachment" because that would imply he was impeached.

BJ was impeached @Restored   He wasn't convicted.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:20:53 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Victoria33

@Restored

The House impeaches and they did impeach him.  The senate held the trial and they did not convict.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

The House impeaches and they did impeach him.  The senate held the trial and they did not convict.

I know that but saying "Clinton Impeachment" would imply that he was impeached.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think her correction is much better.  It shows she still blames Ken Starr for her and Bill's indiscretions.  I wonder if she's treated events in the rest of her life like this, refusing to take any responsibility for anything?  I guess it goes to show:  Bill Clinton can really pick 'em.  Like Wife, like Mistress.

And @Restored:  Bill Clinton WAS impeached, he just wasn't convicted.  It's a two-step thing, sort of like Cotton-Eyed Joe...It is 100% correct to say he was the second President to be Impeached, after Andrew Johnson.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

I know that but saying "Clinton Impeachment" would imply that he was impeached.

He was impeached. 

Impeached does not mean removed from office.  It means tried for crimes that could lead to removal of office.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Monica.......

Your surname is a euphemism and you launched a thousand portmanteaus like 'Presidue.'

Just deal.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
He was impeached. 

Impeached does not mean removed from office.  It means tried for crimes that could lead to removal of office.

You are implying he was impeached. That's what they want to avoid.
IOW it never happened. That's why they never talk about it. If you attach an event with a person, you label that person . Nixon = Watergate. Clinton = Good Economy. Clinton != Impeachment
It's the event-that-must-not-be-named
Countdown to Resignation

He was impeached. 

Impeached means indicted. The indictment comes from the House and the trial is held in the Senate.

The House indicted BJ, the Senate failed to convict.

Offline thackney

You are implying he was impeached. That's what they want to avoid.
IOW it never happened. That's why they never talk about it. If you attach an event with a person, you label that person . Nixon = Watergate. Clinton = Good Economy. Clinton != Impeachment
It's the event-that-must-not-be-named

I must be missing your point.  There is no "implication".  It is a cold, hard, indisputable fact he was impeached.

Offline thackney

Impeached means indicted. The indictment comes from the House and the trial is held in the Senate.

The House indicted BJ, the Senate failed to convict.

I believe indicted is a criminal court term.  He was impeached by the House of Representatives.  It is the correct legal term for the action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I must be missing your point.  There is no "implication".  It is a cold, hard, indisputable fact he was impeached.

Yes, but they want to avoid even the implication that he was impeached.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Yes, but they want to avoid even the implication that he was impeached.

Using the word "imply" lends a sense of doubt. "You seem to imply that the sky is blue".

Even when the media mentions Trump being impeached, it doesn't drag up Clinton who was the last President to be impeached. If they did bring up Clinton, it might imply that he was impeached. He only had a brief consensual relationship with a young woman who many people imply was working at the White House. 
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Restored I'm your friend...if you stare too long into the abyss, it stares back at you.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
@Restored I'm your friend...if you stare too long into the abyss, it stares back at you.   :whistle:

Why is this important? Because the media is going to start the drumbeat for Trump's impeachment under the guise of "If they can TRY to impeach Clinton for lying about a brief consensual affair, surely we can impeach Trump for lying about actual crimes that he has committed". That's going to be the narrative.  Protect Clinton while attacking Trump. "If we can TRY to impeach a popular president over something trivial, we should be able to impeach a president that everybody hates who was solely elected because he was colluding with the Russians".

That's why Clinton's impeachment is getting pushed over to the side of the plate next to the peas and carrots.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nobody is going to forget ol' Bill was impeached.
I will NOT comply.