Author Topic: Latest Alabama poll shows Moore leading Jones 49-44  (Read 8445 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Latest Alabama poll shows Moore leading Jones 49-44
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 12:41:44 pm »
When you refuse to chose between 2 candidates/governing philosophies, the world around you, the world directly touching you, will not not stand aside for you until the Choice comes round back to you the next time.

The world will not go into a state of suspended animation because of your inability to condescend to choosing between unacceptable and not good enough.

It will go on and it can very possibly get a lot Worse because of such erroneous High Mindedness.

As George Orwell noted:

And Robert Heinlien:

Excellent post! Logical, reasoned, well stated analysis.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 02:18:48 pm »
Nonsense. A binary choice inherently has three choices: 1, 0, and null.

Null = 0. 

To contribute veritas to either of the final candidates was unthinkable.

If You take no stand against the more evil of the two choices,  you abet the worse evil.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 04:23:10 pm »
“None of the above” makes you feel good about yourself but does nothing to achieve a viable or just outcome. Pull that lever, and you’ve just marginalized yourself within the process; you’ve in essence, raised the white flag on participating in your own future.

That’s nothing to be proud of.

Yes, in fact, I did participate in a viable and just outcome - Tump may have won, but he was prevented from a landslide victory and the power of mandate that would have come with it. In fact it was a piss-poor win. I played my part in that.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 04:25:42 pm »

Null = 0. 

No, Null is empty. zero = 0.

If You take no stand against the more evil of the two choices,  you abet the worse evil.

Bullshit. That thinking is what filled the Republican party with pantywaists and liberals, and why real, true Conservatism is found in but a handful. You get what you vote *FOR*.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:28:46 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 05:46:29 pm »
Sorry but I'm on Moore's side on this one. If a scumbag like Franken can be Senator, then why not Moore?

Yup.  We're no better than them.  What an inspiring endorsement. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 05:49:18 pm »
“None of the above” makes you feel good about yourself but does nothing to achieve a viable or just outcome. Pull that lever, and you’ve just marginalized yourself within the process; you’ve in essence, raised the white flag on participating in your own future.

That’s nothing to be proud of.

You're arguing, of course, for those who respect character and eschew lawlessness to pull the lever for Doug Jones. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 05:58:58 pm »
OK... Let me put it in terms you'd understand, Frank: boy, girl, alone

SEE?

That's not Binary. That's some form of Ternary Logic. Two choices is two choices. Adding a third makes it something other than binary.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 06:12:19 pm »
No, Null is empty. zero = 0.

I know this won't likely make a difference,  but what the h3ll.   

Bullshit. That thinking is what filled the Republican party with pantywaists and liberals, and why real, true Conservatism is found in but a handful. You get what you vote *FOR*.

From the available choices.   You get nothing from unavailable choices. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online corbe

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2017, 01:33:10 am »
                   Long Live Octal!!!!!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2017, 01:56:44 am »
Quote from: DiogenesLamp

From the available choices.   You get nothing from unavailable choices.

I think, though, that you unnecessarily discount the value of a clean conscience. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 02:04:52 am »
I think, though, that you unnecessarily discount the value of a clean conscience.
Oh stop with the drama. Moore is as solid a conservative as there is. If thats what Alabamans want then the choice is clear.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 02:09:14 am »
That's not Binary. That's some form of Ternary Logic. Two choices is two choices. Adding a third makes it something other than binary.

No, there is always and inherently the null vote. I do not HAVE to participate - And when the two apparent choices are both detrimental, I have no obligation to vote for either. A vote is an endorsement. You get what you vote *FOR*. Thus a third party or abstain... Either of which, in the least, narrows the game, and works to deny mandate, You can thank me later.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2017, 02:38:47 pm »

In terms of affecting the trajectory of the nation,  it is valueless.    If your priorities are feeling good about yourself instead of doing what is in the best interest of the nation,   then I guess not opposing the worse of two evils makes sense in a selfish sort of way.   

Edit:  added an "n"  to make my first word into "In",  which is what I meant to type in the first place. 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:55:01 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 02:47:58 pm »

I terms of affecting the trajectory of the nation,  it is valueless.    If your priorities are feeling good about yourself instead of doing what is in the best interest of the nation,   then I guess not opposing the worse of two evils makes sense in a selfish sort of way.

It is not in the best interest of the nation to elect either Roy Moore or Doug Jones to the Senate.   That ship has sailed.   As to which one is worse,  I don't rightly know.   I would write in Mr. Brooks and chalk this up as another election where the two party system has failed to provide us with any good choices.

I've been getting used to doing that a lot lately.       

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 03:15:21 pm »
Trump defeated Clinton by nearly 30 points in Alabama; that Moore is working with a 4-6 point lead, if those polls are accurate doesn't say much for him.  Strange or Brooks would be walking it.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 03:23:02 pm »
The Democrats feel it is close enough to bring in voter fraud. They have the cash available for "walking around money" and paying the precinct captains to vote for no-shows. 4-6% is easily in reach. That's why the MSM is reporting Moore is behind. They don't want another embarrassment.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 03:31:17 pm »
Trump defeated Clinton by nearly 30 points in Alabama; that Moore is working with a 4-6 point lead, if those polls are accurate doesn't say much for him.  Strange or Brooks would be walking it.

Do you believe that would be the case if the same type and intensity of attack was waged against either Strange or Brooks?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 03:39:46 pm »
Do you believe that would be the case if the same type and intensity of attack was waged against either Strange or Brooks?

The candidate is irrelevant. The Democrats have to flip this seat. It will be a major victory in a season of defeats.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 03:51:53 pm »

Good question. If Roy Moore survives this eleventh-hour hit job he will have beaten the odds. Very few republicans ever survive.

Leftists are so mean and dirty in their pursuit of power. I doubt Strange or Brooks would’ve escaped same or similar treatment if they were in Moore’s place. It’s what the left does with the help of their media tools.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 03:53:22 pm »

Honestly,  I think I'd be making a different argument.  A nearby thread addresses when it may be okay to support a morally deficient candidate in order to defeat a larger evil.   That argument would be appealing if it were Strange or Brooks hit by similar charges,  because I think each is both conservative and qualified for the office he seeks.  My issue with Moore is that he's scoffed at following the law as an officer of the court, and been removed for such misconduct twice as a result.   An individual with such disregard for the Constitution and his oath of office has no place in the Senate.   So, sex scandal aside,  Moore is unfit whereas Strange and Brooks are not. 

That's my messy, but honest, answer to your hypothetical.   

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 03:56:21 pm »

And yet they couldn't win the primary?     

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2017, 04:01:49 pm »
My issue with Moore is that he's scoffed at following the law as an officer of the court, and been removed for such misconduct twice as a result.   

My issue with all the other cuckservatives in Congress is that they never go bare knuckles defiance of Liberal court idiocy and lies.    They never stand up for the actual rule of law.  Instead,  they just meekly accept Judicial Tyranny and lies and call it "the law." 

It is long past time we should have told the Federal courts to go to H3ll.   " We do  not accept the lies you attempt to push on us,  and WE WILL NOT OBEY!!!!!! "   

Too many times have they pissed on us and told us it was raining.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2017, 04:04:12 pm »
Good question. If Roy Moore survives this eleventh-hour hit job he will have beaten the odds. Very few republicans ever survive.

Leftists are so mean and dirty in their pursuit of power. I doubt Strange or Brooks would’ve escaped same or similar treatment if they were in Moore’s place. It’s what the left does with the help of their media tools.

Neither Strange or Brooks would have been subjected to anything like what Moore has been because they do not venture off of the establishment plantation!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2017, 04:16:07 pm »

My issue with all the other cuckservatives in Congress is that they never go bare knuckles defiance of Liberal court idiocy and lies.    They never stand up for the actual rule of law.  Instead,  they just meekly accept Judicial Tyranny and lies and call it "the law." 

It is long past time we should have told the Federal courts to go to H3ll.   " We do  not accept the lies you attempt to push on us,  and WE WILL NOT OBEY!!!!!! "   

Too many times have they pissed on us and told us it was raining.   

Total disagreement.  We're a nation of laws, not of men.   There are mechanisms under the Constitution for addressing bad decisions by judges.   Follow them, or we've really morphed into the arbitrary tyranny the right wing whackjobs rail about.   

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2017, 04:18:24 pm »
The Strange campaign said they had heard of these kinds of allegations months ago, researched it but could not confirm them.