Author Topic: Latest Alabama poll shows Moore leading Jones 49-44  (Read 8443 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Latest Alabama poll shows Moore leading Jones 49-44
« on: November 29, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »
This is starting to feel like a football game where one team scores a late touchdown to take the lead, but not late enough: There's still 1:30 or two minutes left on the clock and you've left the other team with too much time to drive back down the field and regain the upper hand.

Did the Roy Moore allegations simply break too early? The election isn't until December 12 - fully two weeks away - and it may be that voters who were already inclined to back Moore have either decided they don't believe the allegations, that they're too old to matter now or that none of it justifies sending a tax-raising, ObamaCare-defending, abortion-funding Democrat to the Senate given how hard it is even now to pass good legislation.

Read more at: https://www.hermancain.com/wow-latest-alabama-poll-shows-moore-leading
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Latest Alabama poll shows Moore leading Jones 49-44
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 04:40:12 pm »
Sorry but I'm on Moore's side on this one. If a scumbag like Franken can be Senator, then why not Moore?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:04:13 pm »
9 point swing since the weekend. Moore went from -3 to a fairly substantiated +5/6.

Alabama just hit 'Oh, hell no!' mode. I think they won't be listening to anything the politico-media conglomerate has to say anymore.

Seeya Jones. Nothing but tail lights here on out...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:12:50 pm »
Sorry but I'm on Moore's side on this one. If a scumbag like Franken can be Senator, then why not Moore?

No. If Moore is guilty as accused, he deserves nothing. Were real proof to surface, my endorsement of the man would evaporate.

I stand with him because of his honor and character, and what those things predict wrt his behavior in office. If those things are found IN FACT to be false, The I have no use for the man.

The lesser evil argument is always false. So is the tribalism charge. If he isn't a man of sound character, then all we are doing is adding to the problem.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:05:41 am »

The GOP...our scumbags are justified by their scumbags. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 12:11:00 am »

Yeah!  Those dumb assed Alabama hicks ain't got a lick of sense do they?

Flat out refusing to let the Washington elites pick their representative for them and all!  How the hell did THAT happen?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:27:14 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 12:18:08 am »
Yeah!  Those dumb assed Alabama hicks ain't go a lick of sense do they?

Flat out refusing to let the Washington elites pick their representative for them and all!  How the hell did THAT happen?

Morons in CA do the same thing. They pick the wackiest slimiest POS they can find to represent them.  Moore represents the people of Alabama well.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 12:20:34 am »

When you are forced into a position of choosing between a frying pan and a fire,   you chose the pan. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:32 am »
Yeah!  Those dumb assed Alabama hicks ain't go a lick of sense do they?

It's a shame Mississippians fell for the ole DC two step.   

They should have voted for the Democrat in Mississippi once McConnell and company ran those racist attack ads against McDaniel.   

I always knew if they didn't get their hand bitten for that bit of treason,  they were going to try more of it down the road. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 12:25:40 am »

When you are forced into a position of choosing between a frying pan and a fire,   you chose the pan.

No, you jump out of the pan and keep running.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 12:26:30 am »

It's a shame Mississippians fell for the ole DC two step.   

They should have voted for the Democrat in Mississippi once McConnell and company ran those racist attack ads against McDaniel.   

I always knew if they didn't get their hand bitten for that bit of treason,  they were going to try more of it down the road.

Indeed! But i seriously doubt they will make thst mistake again anytime soon.  At  least i hope they won't!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 12:27:24 am »
New poll out of Alabama......

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 12:29:00 am »
Morons in CA do the same thing. They pick the wackiest slimiest POS they can find to represent them.  Moore represents the people of Alabama well.

Indeed he will!  I can't wait for him to start doing exactly that in the U.S. Senate!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 12:37:33 am »
No, you jump out of the pan and keep running.

Analogy breaks down right there.    When you are faced with a choice between two people,   you don't get a third choice.   You get one of the two.   

There is no "let this cup pass before me"  choice. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 12:53:14 am »

Analogy breaks down right there.    When you are faced with a choice between two people,   you don't get a third choice.   You get one of the two.   

Sure there is.

Abstinence

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 05:52:52 am »

I know.  @corbe accuses me of being binary but our choices are often between two people or two things.

A few people here, for example, brag about not voting for Trump and won't admit they were contributing to the possible election of Hillary.

We only had two choices.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 05:57:38 am »
I know.  @corbe accuses me of being binary .....

You should read closer. He is accusing you of being bi. It doesn't mean what you think.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 06:42:30 am »

We only had two choices.

Nonsense. A binary choice inherently has three choices: 1, 0, and null.

To contribute veritas to either of the final candidates was unthinkable.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 06:45:08 am »
Nonsense. A binary choice inherently has three choices: 1, 0, and null.

To contribute veritas to either of the final candidates was unthinkable.

Three choices in a binary choice? Once again I will mention that bi doesn't mean what you think it means.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 08:26:21 am »
Three choices in a binary choice? Once again I will mention that bi doesn't mean what you think it means.

A wise man once said there's no such thing as "bi".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 09:24:39 am »

OK... Let me put it in terms you'd understand, Frank: boy, girl, alone

SEE?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 09:46:20 am »
“None of the above” makes you feel good about yourself but does nothing to achieve a viable or just outcome. Pull that lever, and you’ve just marginalized yourself within the process; you’ve in essence, raised the white flag on participating in your own future.

That’s nothing to be proud of.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 11:52:52 am »
“None of the above” makes you feel good about yourself but does nothing to achieve a viable or just outcome. Pull that lever, and you’ve just marginalized yourself within the process; you’ve in essence, raised the white flag on participating in your own future.

Bingo!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 12:05:12 pm »
When you refuse to chose between 2 candidates/governing philosophies, the world around you, the world directly touching you, will not not stand aside for you until the Choice comes round back to you the next time.

The world will not go into a state of suspended animation because of your inability to condescend to choosing between unacceptable and not good enough.

It will go on and it can very possibly get a lot Worse because of such erroneous High Mindedness.

As George Orwell noted:

And Robert Heinlien:

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 12:17:56 pm »

goopo