Author Topic: Donald Trump's Monday morning perfectly encapsulates his entire presidency  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
President Donald Trump did two big things on Monday morning before jetting off to Utah to announce he is shrinking two national monuments.

1. He tweeted a full-scale endorsement of Roy Moore's Senate campaign in Alabama. "Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama," wrote Trump of the embattled Republican who faces a series of accusations from women that he pursued relationships with them when he was in his early 30 and they were teenagers.

"We need his vote on stopping crime, illegal immigration, Border Wall, Military, Pro Life, V.A., Judges 2nd Amendment and more. No to Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet!"

2. He offered sympathy for his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty last Friday to lying to the FBI about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak.

"I feel badly for General Flynn," Trump told reporters before boarding Marine One. "I feel very badly. He's led a very strong life and I feel very badly."

For any other president -- literally any other one -- doing one of those things would be considered so politically and legally risky that they wouldn't even talk about it much less actually say it in public

more at:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/trump-flynn-moore-analysis/index.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Donald Trump's Monday morning perfectly encapsulates his entire presidency
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:33 pm »
Yeah, baby.  I shot over to Yahoo to see what they would do to undermine Trump today.

They took their best shot.

This is why Trump needs that Iron Man Suit he has.  Many men would be so dispirited by this kind of constant barrage of insults, most of them about personal stuff, that they would crawl into a hole.

I know some people here wish Trump would do just that, but ain't gonna happen, kiddos.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:19:19 pm »
President Donald Trump did two big things on Monday morning before jetting off to Utah to announce he is shrinking two national monuments.

1. He tweeted a full-scale endorsement of Roy Moore's Senate campaign in Alabama. "Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama," wrote Trump of the embattled Republican who faces a series of accusations from women that he pursued relationships with them when he was in his early 30 and they were teenagers.

"We need his vote on stopping crime, illegal immigration, Border Wall, Military, Pro Life, V.A., Judges 2nd Amendment and more. No to Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet!"

2. He offered sympathy for his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty last Friday to lying to the FBI about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak.

"I feel badly for General Flynn," Trump told reporters before boarding Marine One. "I feel very badly. He's led a very strong life and I feel very badly."

For any other president -- literally any other one -- doing one of those things would be considered so politically and legally risky that they wouldn't even talk about it much less actually say it in public

more at:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/trump-flynn-moore-analysis/index.html

Trying to figure out why CNN thinks it's risky to endorse Moore.  It's not.  Moore is the better candidate and we need another conservative in the Senate.  The charges against him were flimsier than a nighty from Victoria's Secret, and mild even if they were true, which is beyond doubtful.

As for his little trip down nostalgia lane about Flynn, it's kinda sweet.  They were friends at one time.

But, well, we'll see what they come up with tomorrow and it won't be about Trump refusing to go along with the UN on another stupid idea; and it won't be about the stock market.

Can't wait to see.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:51:08 pm »
One thing about electing a billionaire is that they are so rich that they really don't have to give a sheet what you think. If you like him, he gets on his yacht. If you hate him, he also gets on his yacht. The only time you will get close to him is when you are bending over to kiss his azz or his ring. The only time you matter to him is when you have something that he wants and he never wants for anything.
(paraphrased from a speech I received when I went to work for a family-run corporation)

A Virginia Tech basketball coach told me that he was annoyed by the Duke fans chanting his name and I quipped "You'll note they weren't chanting my name because I am a nobody. They know who you are". So when SNL does a skit on Trump, you can laugh but that skit wasn't about you because you are a nobody. It was about Trump because he matters.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »
One thing about electing a billionaire is that they are so rich that they really don't have to give a sheet what you think. If you like him, he gets on his yacht. If you hate him, he also gets on his yacht. The only time you will get close to him is when you are bending over to kiss his azz or his ring. The only time you matter to him is when you have something that he wants and he never wants for anything.
(paraphrased from a speech I received when I went to work for a family-run corporation)

A Virginia Tech basketball coach told me that he was annoyed by the Duke fans chanting his name and I quipped "You'll note they weren't chanting my name because I am a nobody. They know who you are". So when SNL does a skit on Trump, you can laugh but that skit wasn't about you because you are a nobody. It was about Trump because he matters.

Normally I'd agree with all that, but this past go-round the press changed tactics (along with their candidate) and started attacking the Trump voters.  Remember the "Basket of deplorables?"  Obama actually took some flak from some of the pres for his doing so with the bitter clingers, but this time the press went whole-hog on attacking the voters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 08:30:41 pm »
Normally I'd agree with all that, but this past go-round the press changed tactics (along with their candidate) and started attacking the Trump voters.  Remember the "Basket of deplorables?"  Obama actually took some flak from some of the pres for his doing so with the bitter clingers, but this time the press went whole-hog on attacking the voters.

Yes.  Any Trump voter or supporter is labeled.  Hick, scum sucking trailer trash, etc.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 08:55:22 pm »
Yes.  Any Trump voter or supporter is labeled.  Hick, scum sucking trailer trash, etc.

The Civil War never really ended.  It just went into slow burn mode for the last 152 years.   

"Hick, scum sucking trailer trash",  are all euphemisms for the South and for Rural people in general.   The Urban elites of our Master city  New York,  still exhibit the same disdain they had in 1865. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 02:50:15 am »

That simply is not true.  Never saw that at all.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 03:06:33 am »

Whom was Hillary talking about when she referred to the "basket of deplorables?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 05:57:29 am »

Wait, wait.  I am talking about the elite media.  They may not use those words but it is implicit in how they think of and describe Trump voters.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 06:06:10 am »
Wait, wait.  I am talking about the elite media.  They may not use those words but it is implicit in how they think of and describe Trump voters.

Here's some ammo for you free of charge.....

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/11/27/msnbc-host-says-rural-americans-voting-power-is-a-threat-to-our-democracy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 06:12:48 am »
Donald Trump's Monday morning perfectly encapsulates his entire presidency

He drank covfefe, had a poop on his golden throne and played a round of golf?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 06:18:33 am »
Whom was Hillary talking about when she referred to the "basket of deplorables?"

Anyone who doesn't like her.  She's surrounded by them.  Seeing a fair bit of red north of the Mason-Dixon.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 06:20:36 am »
Donald Trump's Monday morning perfectly encapsulates his entire presidency

He drank stupendously delicious covfefe, had a spectacularly massive poop on his marvelous golden throne and played a tremendous round of golf?

There. Fixed it with better Trump Speak.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 06:22:57 am »
There. Fixed it with better Trump Speak.

LOL  Thanks.  I am definitely not an expert at Trump Speak.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 06:37:44 am »
LOL  Thanks.  I am definitely not an expert at Trump Speak.

That's because you are a no ratings loser who I am going to sue.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 06:42:15 am »
That's because you are a no ratings loser who I am going to sue.

Listen Cheech, it's time to be done with the bong for the night.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:33 am »
Listen Cheech, it's time to be done with the bong for the night.

That was Trump Speak for telling you that you are wrong.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 06:57:19 am »
That was Trump Speak for telling you that you are wrong.

It's Chong; C-H-O-N-G  You'd think after all this time...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 06:58:39 am »
It's Chong; C-H-O-N-G  You'd think after all this time...

LOL. Nicely played. I'm rubbing off on you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 06:59:19 am »
LOL. Nicely played. I'm rubbing off on you.

Eww

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 07:02:40 am »
Eww

Don't worry. The skin and blood will wash off.