Author Topic: Mid-December ‘Potentially Hazardous’ Near Earth Asteroid & Geminid Meteor Shower  (Read 1774 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Giant Asteroid to Shave Earth's Orbit Next Month: Here's Why NASA Labels It ‘Potentially Hazardous’

11/24/17

" 3200 Phaethon is an asteroid measuring about 3 miles across that roams our galaxy, passing in and out of planetary orbits on its journey. Next month, 3200 Phaethon will zoom by at 6.2 million miles from Earth, which, in space terms, is nearly too close for comfort.

Phaethon is a near-Earth heavenly body that orbits the sun every 1.4 years. During its (near) annual path around the sun the asteroid passes very close to Earth. This year, the asteroid will come closest to Earth in mid-December, a few days before the annual Geminids meteor shower. NASA reports that at its closest proximity, 3200 Phaethon will come within only 2 million miles short of Earth’s orbit. "

http://www.newsweek.com/3200-phaethon-geminid-meteor-shower-nasa-722056

Offline KingsX

Here is more interesting info from NASA astronomer Bill Cooke of the Marshall Space Flight Center
regarding that same 3200 Phaethon asteroid when it came near earth back in 2007.

Interesting that it accompanies the Geminids which first appeared around the time of the American Civil War.

"  The Geminids are not ordinary meteors. While most meteor showers come from comets, Geminids come from an asteroid—a near-Earth object named 3200 Phaethon.

"It's very strange," says Cooke. How does an asteroid make a meteor shower?

Comets do it by evaporating. When a comet flies close to the sun, intense heat vaporizes the comet’s "dirty ice" resulting in high-speed jets of comet dust that spew into interplanetary space. When a speck of this comet dust hits Earth's atmosphere traveling ~100,000 mph, it disintegrates in a bright flash of light—a meteor!

Asteroids, on the other hand, don't normally spew dust into space—and therein lies the mystery. Where did Phaethon's meteoroids come from?

One possibility is a collision. Maybe it bumped against another asteroid. A collision could have created a cloud of dust and rock that follows Phaethon around in its orbit. Such collisions, however, are not very likely.

Cooke favors another possibility: "I think 3200 Phaethon used to be a comet."

Exhibit #1 in favor of this idea is Phaethon's orbit: it is highly elliptical, like the orbit of a typical comet, and brings Phaethon extremely close to the sun, twice as close as Mercury itself. Every 1.4 years, Phaethon swoops through the inner solar system where repeated blasts of solar heat could easily reduce a flamboyant comet to the rocky skeleton we see today.

If this scenario is correct, Phaethon-the-comet may have produced many rich streams of dust that spent hundreds or thousands of years drifting toward Earth until the first Geminid meteors appeared during the US Civil War. Since then, Geminids have been a regular shower peaking every year in mid-December.

3200 Phaethon is now catalogued as a "PHA"—a potentially hazardous asteroid whose path misses Earth's orbit by only 2 million miles. It measures 5 km wide, about half the size of the asteroid or comet that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago... "

More at link

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2007/03dec_asteroidshower

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:55:03 pm by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

This is interesting to me... because I believe we are in the end time "days of Noah" & "days of Lot"
and the Ezekiel 38/39 and Rev 20:7-9 Gog/Magog prophecy is happening now with the invasion of
global third world hordes into all [former] White Christian nations.

In other words... I am waiting for the "fire from heaven." Ezekiel 38:22, Ezekiel 39:6 & Rev 20:9.

Offline thackney

This is interesting to me... because I believe we are in the end time "days of Noah" & "days of Lot"
and the Ezekiel 38/39 and Rev 20:7-9 Gog/Magog prophecy is happening now with the invasion of
global third world hordes into all [former] White Christian nations.

In other words... I am waiting for the "fire from heaven." Ezekiel 38:22, Ezekiel 39:6 & Rev 20:9.

Matthew 24:36
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline KingsX

November 28, 2017

Asteroid expected to make closest pass by Earth in over 40 years

" NASA expects Phaethon to be the closest to Earth on Dec. 16, when it's projected to be more than 6.4 million miles away. That's about 27 times the average distance between Earth and the moon, which is 238,855 miles.

It will be the closest this asteroid has been to Earth since Dec. 16, 1974, when it was just over 5 million miles away, according to NASA. But humans weren't aware of its presence until later; the asteroid was first discovered in 1983.

"The 2017 apparition is the closest to Earth since the asteroid's discovery, so it may be possible for optical observers to detect new activity," NASA said. The space agency is planning radar observations and said it hopes to obtain detailed images as the object zooms by. At its closest approach, Phaethon may be visible with a small telescope in dark skies.

It's not expected to be this close to Earth again until 2093, when it's projected to pass more than 1.8 million miles away.

Astronomers are especially curious about Phaethon because it's believed to be the parent body for the Geminids meteor shower, which lights up the night skies in mid-December. Meteor showers are normally associated with comets, not asteroids, making Phaethon "an unusual object," NASA said. Some researchers believe it could be an inactive comet nucleus.

3200 Phaethon is named for a figure in Greek mythology. According to legend, Phaethon, son of the Sun god Helios, lost control of his father's chariot and nearly set the Earth on fire. "

More at link

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/asteroid-expected-closest-pass-earth-40-years/

Offline KingsX

Matthew 24:36

Ironic that in the very next verse, Jesus refers to the "days of Noah" [was that your intent for me to see that ?]

In Luke 17:26-30, Jesus compares the evil end of the age to both the "days of Noah" and "days of Lot."

In both of those Biblical examples,  evildoers had passed the point of no return and God intervened.

Luke 17:29-30:

" But on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all.

So will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

Luke 17:24:

" For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day."

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:53:26 pm by KingsX »

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

The only time I won't fear the reaper is when it's a baby kitten on a unicorn.
@Suppressed

Seriously though, I'm more scared of North Korea than this. I want my godson to be ok. Me? At least I've gone to 40.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline KingsX

@Suppressed

Seriously though, I'm more scared of North Korea than this. I want my godson to be ok. Me? At least I've gone to 40.

@Freya

Speaking of cats riding white unicorns...

You might be interested in this weird Russian news from 2011.

Close encounters of the purred kind: Aliens spoke to us in a 'cat-like language' claim Russian flight controllers

Air traffic controllers in Siberia claim they were buzzed by a high-speed UFO with a female sounding alien who spoke in an unintelligible cat-like language.

The mystery object suddenly burst onto flight monitors over the remote Russian diamond capital of Yakutsk.

It was shown flying at a speed of slightly over 6000 mph, and rapidly changing direction in the early morning sky, it is claimed.

more at link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361878/Russian-flight-controllers-UFO-aliens-speak-cat-like-language.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Suppressed

I've gone to seed.   :shrug: :thud:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

@Freya

Speaking of cats riding white unicorns...

You might be interested in this weird Russian news from 2011.

Close encounters of the purred kind: Aliens spoke to us in a 'cat-like language' claim Russian flight controllers

Air traffic controllers in Siberia claim they were buzzed by a high-speed UFO with a female sounding alien who spoke in an unintelligible cat-like language.

The mystery object suddenly burst onto flight monitors over the remote Russian diamond capital of Yakutsk.

It was shown flying at a speed of slightly over 6000 mph, and rapidly changing direction in the early morning sky, it is claimed.

more at link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361878/Russian-flight-controllers-UFO-aliens-speak-cat-like-language.html

Wow!! Caturn really exists!

@Hopalong Ginsberg

Thanks @KingsX

Would you like. To be on the kitty ping?

Offline KingsX

3200 Phaethon is named for a figure in Greek mythology. According to legend, Phaethon, son of the Sun god Helios, lost control of his father's chariot and nearly set the Earth on fire. "

Luke 17:29-30:

" But on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven
and destroyed them all.

So will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

Note the reference to Sodom and the Phaethon mythology above and below.

Phaethon, the name of this current asteroid.

Researchers: Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

Published April 01, 2008

" A clay tablet that has baffled scientists for 150 years has been identified as a witness's account of the asteroid suspected of being behind the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Researchers who cracked the cuneiform symbols on the Planisphere tablet believe that it recorded an asteroid thought to have been more than half a mile across.

The tablet, found by Henry Layard in the remains of the library in the royal place at Nineveh in the mid-19th century, is thought to be a 700 B.C. copy of notes made by a Sumerian astronomer watching the night sky.

He referred to the asteroid as a "white stone bowl approaching" and recorded it as it "vigorously swept along."

Using computers to recreate the night sky thousands of years ago, scientists have pinpointed his sighting to shortly before dawn on June 29 in the year 3123 B.C.

About half the symbols on the tablet have survived and half of those refer to the asteroid. The other symbols record the positions of clouds and constellations. In the past 150 years scientists have made five unsuccessful attempts to translate the tablet.

Mark Hempsell, one of the researchers from Bristol University who cracked the tablet's code, said: "It's a wonderful piece of observation, an absolutely perfect piece of science."

He said the size and route of the asteroid meant that it was likely to have crashed into the Austrian Alps at Köfels. As it traveled close to the ground it would have left a trail of destruction from supersonic shock waves and then slammed into the Earth with a cataclysmic impact.

Debris consisting of up to two-thirds of the asteroid would have been hurled back along its route and a flash reaching temperatures of 400 Centigrade (752 Fahrenheit) would have been created, killing anyone in its path.

About one million sq kilometers (386,000 sq miles) would have been devastated and the impact would have been equivalent to more than 1,000 tons of TNT exploding.

Dr Hempsall said that at least 20 ancient myths record devastation of the type and on the scale of the asteroid's impact, including the Old Testament tale of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and the ancient Greek myth of how Phaeton, son of Helios, fell into the River Eridanus after losing control of his father's sun chariot."

more at link

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/04/01/researchers-asteroid-destroyed-sodom-and-gomorrah.html

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:17:03 am by KingsX »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Ok I can believe that but how do you explain Lot's wife turning to salt?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
More unicorns

Offline Victoria33