Author Topic: Why It’s Justified To Vote For A Morally Questionable Politician  (Read 11780 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Why It’s Justified To Vote For A Morally Questionable Politician
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2017, 03:32:08 pm »
@Jazzhead

That’s a possibility.

If he wins I suspect he won't serve a full term. OTOH I would love to see him lose just so I can laugh at the morons when Trump attacks Moore for losing.

Silver Pines

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2017, 03:35:22 pm »
According to you. You're doing the same thing that's gotten you into trouble on this issue from day one. You keep positioning yourself as the arbiter of moral righteousness, throw out a list of things that Moore must do to be worthy, and then condemn him because he doesn't measure up.

Unfortunately it just holds no weight in the real world.

@Free Vulcan

No, using the logic you mentioned earlier.

Lol, I love “gotten you into trouble from day one.”  Interesting way to put it.  I think that’s pretty much positioning yourself as an arbiter of righteousness, wouldn’t you say?

The real world gets that the allegations against Moore are credible.  If you need to tear a book out of the left’s playbook and yell “ self righteous” because I won’t help you salve your conscience re: Moore, it’s your issue, not mine.

Silver Pines

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »
If he wins I suspect he won't serve a full term. OTOH I would love to see him lose just so I can laugh at the morons when Trump attacks Moore for losing.

@Cripplecreek

I think he’ll win.  We started down this hill with Trump and it was only going to get steeper.  In 2020 it’ll be,  “Yeah, he killed his wife and stuck her in a barrel, but this Democrat...”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2017, 03:54:35 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I think he’ll win.  We started down this hill with Trump and it was only going to get steeper.  In 2020 it’ll be,  “Yeah, he killed his wife and stuck her in a barrel, but this Democrat...”

Oh I agree he stands a good chance in Alabama, the "Old enough to bleed is old enough to breed" state but its a far cry from Trumpism winning across the rest of the nation. Trump supporting candidates have a very poor track record since 2016 and when they lose they're tossed overboard with claims that they just didn't support Trump enough.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2017, 03:57:13 pm »
@Free Vulcan

No, using the logic you mentioned earlier.

Lol, I love “gotten you into trouble from day one.”  Interesting way to put it.  I think that’s pretty much positioning yourself as an arbiter of righteousness, wouldn’t you say?

The real world gets that the allegations against Moore are credible.  If you need to tear a book out of the left’s playbook and yell “ self righteous” because I won’t help you salve your conscience re: Moore, it’s your issue, not mine.

More like twisting my logic to suit your agenda. Threatening a lawsuit is a perfectly legit campaign tactic. It does a number of things, including putting the hit job slanderer on notice that you are aware and will fight back.

You put on the arbitrary standard that by threatening to file but not doing so, there must be something wrong here, from which you draw the conclusion that he's stupid, afraid, or guilty. The fact that you troll him about not snapping to Gloria Allred's tune of testifying before the Senate show you're operating right form the sleazebag leftist playbook.

'The real world' is only your world, the people you want to believe and listen to, regardless of truth or their agenda.

And once again, you imply that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a moral scumbag, because of your self-anointed godlike moral authority.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2017, 04:03:51 pm »
The real world gets that the allegations against Moore are credible.

They are 35+ years old so they are not credible considering he served on the Alabama Supreme Court and no one said a word. Also, some of the charges have been refuted by others and a famous Democrat political operative is pushing the story during an election.

If a woman came forward and said he did this stuff 3 or even 13 years ago, THAT is credible. You need to see a pattern of behavior.
Countdown to Resignation

Silver Pines

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2017, 05:14:41 pm »
More like twisting my logic to suit your agenda. Threatening a lawsuit is a perfectly legit campaign tactic. It does a number of things, including putting the hit job slanderer on notice that you are aware and will fight back.

You put on the arbitrary standard that by threatening to file but not doing so, there must be something wrong here, from which you draw the conclusion that he's stupid, afraid, or guilty. The fact that you troll him about not snapping to Gloria Allred's tune of testifying before the Senate show you're operating right form the sleazebag leftist playbook.

'The real world' is only your world, the people you want to believe and listen to, regardless of truth or their agenda.

And once again, you imply that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a moral scumbag, because of your self-anointed godlike moral authority.

@Free Vulcan

You have to show me some logic to twist first. 

So empty threats of legal action are a “legit campaign tactic”.  Really. 

Seems the fighting back came from al.com.  They told him to bring the lawsuit and be ready for discovery.  That shut him right up.

You know that conservatism has collapsed into simple-minded kneejerk stupidity when you can predict each senseless response, and you just proved that.  As I was typing my post, I thought, “ Watch him screech about a simple statement of fact—- which is that Allred said he could have the yearbook under those circumstances—-as if it’s somehow an endorsement of Allred.”  And I’ll be damned if you didn’t live right down to that expectation.  So your blind rage and your insane tribalism turn a factual statement into “trolling Moore for not stepping to Allred’s tune” and reveal my secret leftism.

You’re beyond any reasoned discussion.  Enjoy your child molester.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2017, 05:58:29 pm »
@Free Vulcan

You have to show me some logic to twist first. 

So empty threats of legal action are a “legit campaign tactic”.  Really. 

Seems the fighting back came from al.com.  They told him to bring the lawsuit and be ready for discovery.  That shut him right up.

You know that conservatism has collapsed into simple-minded kneejerk stupidity when you can predict each senseless response, and you just proved that.  As I was typing my post, I thought, “ Watch him screech about a simple statement of fact—- which is that Allred said he could have the yearbook under those circumstances—-as if it’s somehow an endorsement of Allred.”  And I’ll be damned if you didn’t live right down to that expectation.  So your blind rage and your insane tribalism turn a factual statement into “trolling Moore for not stepping to Allred’s tune” and reveal my secret leftism.

You’re beyond any reasoned discussion.  Enjoy your child molester.

Uh yeah, they are. I've ran campaigns. It's a tool in the toolbox. This isn't parochial school, your moral pooh-poohing has no application here. You're drawing moral lines in the sand where there is no moral issue, again.

You've enlarged and padded this so far in your mind that it's become a creature with no soul. You're focused on every angle of the innuendo and none of the facts. It's all about the hand waving and the shouting now.

But go ahead, continue to catch every drip of the tongue from grifter, hit job scumbags like Gloria Allred and Stephanie McGrummen, and their gaggle of totally discredited 'witnesses.'

Remember to check for fleas when you get up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:59:05 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2017, 06:14:18 pm »
Forget it Jazz.  You've been caught lying.  You've admitted your attitude is identical to the people you claim to oppose:  You don't give a rip whether he's guilty or not of what he's been accused. You lie every time you say you do, and you do it to drag others to your point of view.

You are a disgrace, to coin a phrase.  I'm done with you.

Disgrace, yes.  Done?  I think he provides us with a valuable service being such a willing pawn of what is antithetical to our beliefs and principles.

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." - 2 Corinthians 2:11

As you noted, he posts here for the explicit purpose of manipulating others to his Liberal/Leftist POV, and lying about who he really is repeatedly is how he goes about the task.

It is easy to spot a fake and a counterfeit when you are intimately familiar with the actual truth, vain attempts to deceive and beguile are spotted, even while they work harder to perfect the lie to deceive.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »
Why would I keep up a "lie about who I am" for almost 6,000 posts?    *****rollingeyes*****

I'm a northeastern Republican;  I've been so my entire adult life.   There used to be a lot of us.   Not so many anymore.   But we're not extinct, and I will keep on opposing the social conservative/Evangelicals who think they now own the Party.

This isn't the "conservative briefing room", it's the GOPBriefingroom.   So long as that's the case,  I belong here as much or more as folks like you, INVAR, who've stated time and again that you're enemies of the GOP.     
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:29:43 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2017, 06:33:31 pm »
Disgrace, yes.  Done?  I think he provides us with a valuable service being such a willing pawn of what is antithetical to our beliefs and principles.

I lay no claim to being a pious man, in any conceivable way.  I have learned to consider him a barometer of my thoughts:  If ever, in any discussion, I find myself in agreement with him I've learned to stop what I'm doing and rethink my premises.  Obviously there is some flaw in my logic or something's being twisted. 

It has not failed me since that occurred to me.  Call me a cynic.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2017, 06:34:51 pm »
Why would I keep up a "lie about who I am" for almost 6,000 posts?    *****rollingeyes*****

To pose the question is to answer it.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2017, 06:36:32 pm »

I'm a northeastern Republican;  I've been so my entire adult life.   There used to be a lot of us.   Not so many anymore.   But we're not extinct, and I will keep on opposing the social conservative/Evangelicals who think they now own the Party.

This isn't the "conservative briefing room", it's the GOPBriefingroom.   So long as that's the case,  I belong here as much or more as folks like you, INVAR, who've stated time and again that you're enemies of the GOP.   

Try to primary Trump by running Susan Collins against him (or Cruz) and we'll see who owns the party.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:37:02 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2017, 06:48:00 pm »
Oh almost forgot....

This isn't the "conservative briefing room", it's the GOPBriefingroom.   

This discussion has taken place.  It is neither, it's "The Briefing Room," as it says in the Banner.  thebriefingroom.com was taken in the registry when we were created, so we had to choose gopbriefingroom.com.  This forum is not dedicated to the GOP, but to conservatives, so you are, in essence, all wet and fully ignorant on the subject.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »

Oh I most certainly am an enemy of what the Republican Party has become.  You betcha. 

Big government Statism and better-managed liberal-Left policies?  I will continue to state I am an enemy to what they now have become and stand for.

As always I will be an enemy to what is antithetical to the principles of liberty and our Foundations.

Unlike you, I do not lie and deceive and pretend to be something I am not for the purpose of beguiling others to my POV.  I do not keep shouting in insistence on myriad threads that I am a 'Conservative' while espousing every idea, talking-point and agenda of the radical Left like you do.  I let my own words and positions illustrate what I believe in.  The fact you have to continually insist you are a Conservative and 'explain' why your Leftist positions are 'Conservative' - illustrates you are not what you claim.

You 'belong here' about as much as a turd floating in a glass of champagne.  You think insisting yourself as a fruit slice is going to convince everyone of what you are, but the stench of what comes out of your posts and positions illustrates what you actually are.

The only person you are fooling is yourself if you think you can pass yourself off on a Conservative forum that had to choose the GOP in the addy because the 'Briefing Room' url was already taken by another entity.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2017, 07:47:50 pm »

The only person you are fooling is yourself if you think you can pass yourself off on a Conservative forum that had to choose the GOP in the addy because the 'Briefing Room' url was already taken by another entity.

My purpose here is to express my opinions as a Republican.  There are a number of different strands of contemporary and historic conservatism; I've made clear from almost my first post here that I am, politically at least, opposed to social conservatism.  So I understand why you consider me an "enemy".   But I've voted for Republicans and conservatives for longer than you have.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2017, 07:54:32 pm »
Uh yeah, they are. I've ran campaigns. It's a tool in the toolbox. This isn't parochial school, your moral pooh-poohing has no application here. You're drawing moral lines in the sand where there is no moral issue, again.

You've enlarged and padded this so far in your mind that it's become a creature with no soul. You're focused on every angle of the innuendo and none of the facts. It's all about the hand waving and the shouting now.

But go ahead, continue to catch every drip of the tongue from grifter, hit job scumbags like Gloria Allred and Stephanie McGrummen, and their gaggle of totally discredited 'witnesses.'

Remember to check for fleas when you get up.

*yelp laugh*

Out loud, I swear.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2017, 08:14:46 pm »
*yelp laugh*

Out loud, I swear.

I don't doubt that with all the evidence against you, you'd go the jr. high response route. It's about all you got left.

County sheriffs, court documents, and former boyfriends, real employees of the Hickory House all contradict the tattered, ratty stories of Moore's accusers and their grifter, partisan hack enablers. The whole 'hung around the mall' schtick was all the scam of a far left kook with clown hair. It's all just a big giant deflated balloon now.

My what a corner you've backed yourself into. I suppose all I would have left is sophomoric snickering to assuage my tattered superiority complex too.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:15:53 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2017, 08:23:05 pm »
My purpose here is to express my opinions as a Republican. 

A lot of us do not buy your claim.  You might self-identify as one, but your stated positions reveal what your actual plumbing is.   

There are a number of different strands of contemporary and historic conservatism; I've made clear from almost my first post here that I am, politically at least, opposed to social conservatism.

Oh it's been a lot more than just moral issues Jazzy.  From guns to taxes to ObamaCare - you have been every Leftist Democrat's dream spokesperson for those agenda items and carry their water and talking points better than most outspoken Democrats have been on those pet agenda issues.

That you go to such lengths to 'explain' why your position is the 'Conservative one', discredits you.  Nearly everyone on this board instinctively recognizes actual Conservatism when they hear, see and read it.  That you go to such lengths to redefine it by your lengthy explanations which have resulted in your ass being handed to you myriad times by those who understand our principles and the Constitution more adroitly than you pretend to - reveals your subversive efforts to the cause for what they are.

So I understand why you consider me an "enemy".   But I've voted for Republicans and conservatives for longer than you have.   

So you say.

But you have proven yourself an unmitigated liar on numerous threads and subjects by members here who have caught you in your bullshit.

So, we really do not believe what you continue to claim about yourself.

Abundance, heart and mouth thing that reveals your true fruits.

But do keep doing wha you do.  You are helping us sharpen our iron against your antithetical Conservative positions and ideology very well.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2017, 03:19:25 am »
Jazzhead though, is pretty civil. Most issues can be discussed if done in a civil matter. One may take issue with that statement but to keep it short, it is a small wonder, one might snap back from time to time. I say this while at the same time, I don't agree with most of his points.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2017, 03:23:10 am »
Senator Tim Scott even amplified his previous views on this. I'm sorry, I think like Tim Scott and others, the girls seem credible and to me, credible in about every case. I hope justice prevails, I hope I'm wrong. As I have said before, it's just one little vote, I missed some vote once, it wasn't for the Prez. but in the end, we all know, the election process will usually survive okay with our input.

All of these Senators and others, unconvinced by Judge Moore aren't part of the swamp nor are they liberals.

Silver Pines

« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2017, 04:01:46 am »
I don't doubt that with all the evidence against you, you'd go the jr. high response route. It's about all you got left.

County sheriffs, court documents, and former boyfriends, real employees of the Hickory House all contradict the tattered, ratty stories of Moore's accusers and their grifter, partisan hack enablers. The whole 'hung around the mall' schtick was all the scam of a far left kook with clown hair. It's all just a big giant deflated balloon now.

My what a corner you've backed yourself into. I suppose all I would have left is sophomoric snickering to assuage my tattered superiority complex too.

@Free Vulcan

I’ve had about enough of your public mental break, so I’m going to talk to you straight.

You sound like a half-crazed, rage-filled, conspiratorial nut.  You make the slackjaws at TOS seem almost smart in comparison.  I can see you sitting there with your teeth clenched, eyes bulging, and spit flying as you mutter and type. 

And why?  Because you’re emotionally involved, and to an unhealthy degree, with a morally bankrupt, lying, perverted child-molesting politician who doesn’t even know who you are and wouldn’t bother to speak to you if he did.   I don’t know, man, is he your relative or something?  Or is it a man crush?

You’re struggling to deal with my differing opinion about your yappy pervert in a child’s cowboy outfit, that’s clear.  Too damn bad.  Act like a man instead of a hysterical girl.

Also, bite me.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2017, 04:28:25 am »
Jazzhead though, is pretty civil.

He employs a predictive infiltration tactic used by trolls and Leftists on forum and discussion boards.  Spout the unreasonable and the subversive by making the antithetical sound reasonable.  Calling their positions what they are is usually taken personally and the kabuki mask drops.   Jazzy has let his mask slip more than a few times to reveal what truly lies beneath.

Most issues can be discussed if done in a civil matter.

If you think you can be reasonable with what is unreasonable without finding yourself eventually conquered by the unreasonable - that will be a feat worth noting.

Even Jesus told Satan to 'cram it' when He told him to get behind Him to put his efforts of deception on notice.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2017, 06:43:33 am »
@Free Vulcan

I’ve had about enough of your public mental break, so I’m going to talk to you straight.

You sound like a half-crazed, rage-filled, conspiratorial nut.  You make the slackjaws at TOS seem almost smart in comparison.  I can see you sitting there with your teeth clenched, eyes bulging, and spit flying as you mutter and type. 

And why?  Because you’re emotionally involved, and to an unhealthy degree, with a morally bankrupt, lying, perverted child-molesting politician who doesn’t even know who you are and wouldn’t bother to speak to you if he did.   I don’t know, man, is he your relative or something?  Or is it a man crush?

You’re struggling to deal with my differing opinion about your yappy pervert in a child’s cowboy outfit, that’s clear.  Too damn bad.  Act like a man instead of a hysterical girl.

Also, bite me.

And the mask finally falls off. You're just flat out lying to fit your agenda, and you don't care. You just shift tack to make up another set of fantasies based on no evidence. It's all billowy smoke, mirrors, projected lights, and empty suits. No there there whatsoever.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2017, 06:47:52 am »
And the mask finally falls off. You're just flat out lying to fit your agenda, and you don't care. You just shift tack to make up another set of fantasies based on no evidence. It's all billowy smoke, mirrors, projected lights, and empty suits. No there there whatsoever.

Or she could just be effing with you because you take the bait and spin off the rails.