Author Topic: Goodbye, Republican Congress  (Read 460 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Goodbye, Republican Congress
« on: November 27, 2017, 08:04:49 pm »
Goodbye, Republican Congress
By Earle Mack, opinion contributor — 11/27/17 07:00 AM EST

The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

After a promising start, the tax bill approved by the House of Representatives this month could prove an absolute disaster for our country and for Republican electoral hopes in 2018 and beyond. The bill is not so much tax reform as it is tax deform, with many provisions of the bill reinforcing the stereotype of a Republican Party held hostage by the wealthy and Wall Street. The bill as it stands, contrary to President Trump’s promises, freezes inequality.

How else can you explain a bill that locks in dramatically reduced corporate tax cuts, but sunsets tax cuts on individuals? How else can you explain a bill that preserves carried interest for the vast majority of hedge fund managers? I’ve talked to the leaders of Congress, who all promised to eliminate carried interest, and yet they are trying to bamboozle voters. Instead of keeping that promise, they are offering a bogus amendment that barely makes a dent. It’s inexcusable.

more
http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/361878-goodbye-republican-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Goodbye, Republican Congress
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 01:57:09 am »
Tax cuts for K Street and the Chamber of Commerce, to be paid for by Main Street.

The doubling of the standard deduction will be virtually offset by eliminating personal exemptions.

I prepared tax returns for over 30 years, shepherding my clients through TEFRA 86. Under this "reform", my clients are still the sheep, but more at the mercy of the wolves (McConnell, Brady, Ryan, etc.) out there in the Swamp.

I'd sure like someone to tell me I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:57:48 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 02:00:36 am »
I sense that the reports of the Republicans' demise in Congress are exaggerated.
At the very least, premature.
Let's see if they can wise up by next summer...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 03:00:09 am »
Meh. Class warfare.
I don't give a rusty crap who is paying the bill = The problem is the bill.

Real and lasting spending cuts and a balanced budget or we are all just arguing over the deck chairs anyway.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 03:08:17 am »
No one is surprised anymore.  The kabuki theater masks are off and have lost their deceptive quality.

Makes no difference who the hell is in charge, the Beast remains and still grows.

The GOP well-deserves it's grave marker next to the Whigs.

And I will be glad to be one to help toss dirt on the casket.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 03:16:38 am »
No one is surprised anymore.  The kabuki theater masks are off and have lost their deceptive quality.

Makes no difference who the hell is in charge, the Beast remains and still grows.

The GOP well-deserves it's grave marker next to the Whigs.

And I will be glad to be one to help toss dirt on the casket.

Better wear your muks...The ground in that particular place is likely to be too wet for kickin.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 03:19:18 am »
Earle Mack is the definition of the establishment.