Author Topic: Pelosi sides with Conyers accuser day after calling him an 'icon'  (Read 1028 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi sides with Conyers accuser day after calling him an 'icon'
By Olivia Beavers - 11/27/17 07:19 PM EST

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Monday said she talked to and believes the woman who has publicly come forward with allegations against Rep. John Conyers, one day after referring to the Michigan Democrat as an "icon" who deserves "due process."

“This afternoon, I spoke with Melanie Sloan who worked for Congressman Conyers on the Judiciary Committee in the mid-1990s," Pelosi said in a statement.

"Ms. Sloan told me that she had publicly discussed distressing experiences while on his staff.  I find the behavior Ms. Sloan described unacceptable and disappointing. I believe what Ms. Sloan has told me," she continued.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/362057-pelosi-says-she-has-talked-to-conyers-accuser-and-believes-her
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Pelosi sides with Conyers accuser day after calling him an 'icon'
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:58:30 am »
Cokie Roberts: Oh, We All Knew To Avoid Getting in An Elevator With Rep. Conyers
Townhall, Nov 27, 2017, Christine Rousselle

<snip>

Further, Roberts says that it "does make a difference" now that women are not being shy about this kind of misconduct. Roberts implied that Conyers' predatory behavior was an open secret among the press corps.

"Don’t get in the elevator with him, you know, and the whole every female in the press corps knew that, right, don’t get in elevator with him," said Roberts. She continued, "Now people are saying it out loud. And I think that does make a difference."

It's disturbing that this kind of behavior could continue on for so long without anyone doing anything to stop it. Riding an elevator with a member of the opposite sex, especially a member of the opposite sex who is a member of Congress, should always be a safe endeavor. While I'm glad that something is finally being done, this should never be tolerated for this long ever again.

Read more:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/11/27/cokie-roberts-oh-we-all-knew-to-avoid-getting-in-an-elevator-with-rep-conyers-n2414826

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 05:37:46 am »
Go Get Them Nan! If anyone knows what actually possesses the mind of Nancy, please, don't share it with the rest of us. Just call an EXORCIST.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 06:01:30 am »

Conyers immediately steps in it by saying, 'Double click this......'
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 06:26:31 am »

Conyers immediately steps in it by saying, 'Double click this......'

There seems to be a contest between who can become the most senile among the dems.

Currently, Nancy is in the lead, with Hillary a close second.

And coming up on the outside (the Republican side) we have contestant John McCain.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 12:47:28 pm »
That tightrope keeps getting thinner
Countdown to Resignation