Author Topic: Cotton: Fire CFPB Employee For Going Rogue Against Trump Nominee  (Read 714 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cotton: Fire CFPB Employee For Going Rogue Against Trump Nominee
« on: November 27, 2017, 03:06:07 pm »
Cotton: Fire CFPB Employee For Going Rogue Against Trump Nominee
November 27, 2017 By Bre Payton

In a statement released Sunday, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) urged President Trump to fire a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau employee after she filed a lawsuit in an attempt to thwart Trump’s nominee from taking over the agency.

When former CFPB Director Richard Cordray resigned Friday, he named his chief of staff Leandra English to serve as acting director of the agency. But President Trump tapped Mick Mulvaney, Office of Management and Budget director, to serve as interim director over the watchdog agency — an action that spurred English to file a lawsuit against the president and Mulvaney on Sunday.

Cotton condemned the lawsuit, calling CFPB a “rogue, unconstitutional agency.”

“The president should fire her immediately and anyone who disobeys Director Mulvaney’s order should also be fired summarily,” Cotton said. “The Constitution and the law must prevail against the supposed resistance.”

Continued at: http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/27/sen-tom-cotton-fire-cfpb-employee-going-rogue-trump-nominee/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Cotton: Fire CFPB Employee For Going Rogue Against Trump Nominee
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 03:13:27 pm »
The President needs to stomp out this passive-aggressive political obstruction masquerading as self-righteous 'resistance' while Congress needs to get the CFPB under their oversight.

The courts should dismiss the suit with prejudice, but I imagine they'll get a liberal judge to rule their way.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 03:43:55 pm »
The President needs to stomp out this passive-aggressive political obstruction masquerading as self-righteous 'resistance' while Congress needs to get the CFPB under their oversight.

The courts should dismiss the suit with prejudice, but I imagine they'll get a liberal judge to rule their way.
I see no reason to have to abide to what any court would say.

The Constitution clearly gives the President 100% of the power of the Executive.  Congress cannot through some trickery of law take away that right.  Not even if a rogue President like Obama signs a law to do it.  It is Constitutional law, not congressional law.

Fire the traitor and do what you wish here, Mr. President.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:55:41 pm »
The CFPB is a joke.  It's an Elizabeth Warren pet project, which should tell you everything you need to know.  Worst of all, it's an organization set up by Congress to monitor problems they created in the first place through sub-prime loan legislation.

Fox guarding henhouse with the assistance of weasels.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:56:41 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 04:02:36 pm »
This woman is a Commie clown. This "agency" isn't real. It doesn't do anything real. It serves no real purpose. Donny should shut it down.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 09:37:42 pm »
The title is misleading.  She is suing for her own nomination.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: