Author Topic: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans  (Read 13522 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 01:45:14 am »
Yep, an asteroid could hit the earth.

Point still rests. 300 EV.  BTW, Trump has gained my full s'port. I am happy ..actually ecstatic so far. So there is THAT.   :laugh:

Yep !!  I hated him before he won but now, I would vote for him again.  So, whoever thinks he's losing popularity may have another think a'comin' as we say in Texas.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 01:48:43 am »
@driftdiver

Warren is a liar and Trump is a buffoon.  Both can be true.
@CatherineofAragon
"Can be," she says . . .  :beer:

Who says the circus is dead? We've still got the circus. It's called the federal government---and the wild
animal acts are running it. Trumpling Brothers and Pablum & Bailout Circus. The greatest sham on earth.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:49:21 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2017, 01:48:55 am »
IF he gets his tax plan through and IF he repeals Bammycare and IF he get that wall built and IF he brings back jobs,  I don't think he has anything to worry about.  IF he doesn't he has a lot to worry about, as those are the issues that he campaigned on.

Well, the tax bill cancels some of Obama care and he is already bringing back jobs.  As for the wall, yes it was a goal he ran on, but I think he will be forgiven if he manages to enact policies that decrease illegal immigration and discourage the illegal population by revising a bunch of programs that they feed on.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 01:50:15 am »
Seems he is also in your head as well.

Are you going to make me talk to you in little words?  Sarah Sanders *admitted* it was Warren that Trump was referring to.  There's no "in her head" about it.  Your continued insistance that that is what is going on is pretty clearly refuted by me and Sarah, but please, carry on with your delusion. It's entertaining.

Online libertybele

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2017, 01:51:37 am »
Oh FFS, it wasn't a racial slur you stupid bleep.  It was just a highly inappropriate subject for the occasion.

Someone should whisper in Trump's ear that she prefers 'Wigwam Warren' to Pocahontas...to some a name means everything!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2017, 01:52:10 am »
It almost feels to me like we have 6 year old as President. I hate the childish name calling. It belittles the office IMO.  His base may like it, but I don’t think it’s increasing the 46.1% of the vote he got last time.  Sadly, I just don’t think he can help himself.

People can call Trump a clown.  They can call him childish.  It's fun and makes y'all feel superior.

BUT, he's doing so many things right that I will forgive him his lack of sophistication.  I'm not that into sophistication myself.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2017, 01:52:31 am »
IF he gets his tax plan through and IF he repeals Bammycare and IF he get that wall built and IF he brings back jobs,  I don't think he has anything to worry about.  IF he doesn't he has a lot to worry about, as those are the issues that he campaigned on.

He also campaigned on "lock her up", "drain the swamp", naming China a currency manipulator, proposing a Constitutional Amendment on term limits within the first 100 days, Mexico paying for that wall, and a death penalty for killers of law enforcement.  I doubt ANY of those campaign promises will be met.  For some reason, the promises NOT met are often ignored by his supporters.   His approval ratings are at an all-time low during the first year.  I fail to see how they significantly improve even with all the things you identify above.  JMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2017, 01:53:13 am »
Someone should whisper in Trump's ear that she prefers 'Wigwam Warren' to Pocahontas...to some a name means everything!

I know.  Pocahontas is yesterday's Indian.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2017, 01:54:23 am »
He also campaigned on "lock her up", "drain the swamp", naming China a currency manipulator, proposing a Constitutional Amendment on term limits within the first 100 days, Mexico paying for that wall, and a death penalty for killers of law enforcement.  I doubt ANY of those campaign promises will be met.  For some reason, the promises NOT met are often ignored by his supporters.   His approval ratings are at an all-time low during the first year.  I fail to see how they significantly improve even with all the things you identify above.  JMO.

I don't know how you get the idea about Trump's approval ratings.

You must be listening to the media again.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2017, 01:59:30 am »
People can call Trump a clown.  They can call him childish.  It's fun and makes y'all feel superior.

BUT, he's doing so many things right that I will forgive him his lack of sophistication.  I'm not that into sophistication myself.

I don't think I've ever called him a clown, and I don't call him childish for "fun" or to "feel superior".  I call him childish simply because I think he is.  Can folks actually say that giving nicknames like "Lying Ted", "Pocahontas", and "Rocketman" isn't childish?  It's not a question of "sophistication" to me, it's a question of respecting the Office of the Presidency and  being Presidential.  I just don't think this man respects the office, and I think his tweets often work against him, and I'm obviously not alone in that thinking.  He's the one who said he would be "so presidential that (we) won’t even recognize" him.  I'm still waiting.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2017, 02:00:25 am »
I don't know how you get the idea about Trump's approval ratings.

You must be listening to the media again.

I'm simply looking at the data.  If you or anyone else has data that indicates his approval ratings are above water (e.g., above 50%), hopefully, you'll post it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2017, 02:01:15 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Confronting simple facts with "Trump's in your head!" is not an argument.
Who's arguing?

Why pick a fight that is not there?

Go eat some more leftover turkey.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fantom

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2017, 02:03:01 am »

:amen: In fact, that very "lack of sophistication" is itself a sophisticated way to destroy the leftist punks. I personally have grown to appreciate the sophistication of President Trump.

Reminds me ..of well me without a billion or four... err me.  :crying:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2017, 02:05:09 am »
Are you going to make me talk to you in little words?  Sarah Sanders *admitted* it was Warren that Trump was referring to.  There's no "in her head" about it.  Your continued insistance that that is what is going on is pretty clearly refuted by me and Sarah, but please, carry on with your delusion. It's entertaining.
You so completely miss the game.

Trump does not even have to mention a name, yet he stirs 'em up.  The projection by a master.

And if you were entertained so much, with the B___S___?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2017, 02:07:04 am »
Right!   888high58888  I am an American,my People founded and built this country. You want to be a racist tribe..go for it. You are NOT my People.

I am fine with Andrew Jackson and the Indian Removal act. The Indian was far from noble. To much for a short post, but they should be thankful it was Christians who came here.

Yeah,  them d@mn Cherokees with all their rapin' and scalpin.   

http://www.landscapeofnations.com/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:08:02 am by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2017, 02:09:00 am »
I'm simply looking at the data.  If you or anyone else has data that indicates his approval ratings are above water (e.g., above 50%), hopefully, you'll post it.

Democrats will be far more motivated in 2018 and 2020 than we can imagine. It's not going to matter who the Republicans run. Trump's real supporters may get him to 40%.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this is my prediction of 2020, aka the Democrat tide:

To tell you the truth, the fault will lie much more with the GOPe than Trump, IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2017, 02:11:11 am »
I don't think I've ever called him a clown, and I don't call him childish for "fun" or to "feel superior".  I call him childish simply because I think he is.  Can folks actually say that giving nicknames like "Lying Ted", "Pocahontas", and "Rocketman" isn't childish?  It's not a question of "sophistication" to me, it's a question of respecting the Office of the Presidency and  being Presidential.  I just don't think this man respects the office, and I think his tweets often work against him, and I'm obviously not alone in that thinking.  He's the one who said he would be "so presidential that (we) won’t even recognize" him.  I'm still waiting.

Maybe you haven't but others in the NT camp have called him that and much worse.

Did Clinton respect the office when he called Monica in for a little session?

Did JFK respect the office when he had countless affairs and liaisons? 

In my book respecting the office is more about doing what is best for the American people and I think he's doing that although there are significant roadblocks in his path with this congress and a bunch of Obama holdover judges.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2017, 02:11:31 am »

When I think of "presidential", I think of "Tear down this wall, MISTER Gorbachev!" One can only imagine the moniker Trump would have assigned to Gorby.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online libertybele

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2017, 02:12:39 am »

Yeah,  them d@mn Cherokees with all their rapin' and scalpin.   

http://www.landscapeofnations.com/

...hmm...you went and mentioned 'Cherokees' ... which brought to mind a song (of course) ...  this would make a great 'campaign' song for her.   :silly:

! No longer available

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2017, 02:13:19 am »

:amen: In fact, that very "lack of sophistication" is itself a sophisticated way to destroy the leftist punks. I personally have grown to appreciate the sophistication of President Trump.

Exactly correct.  People think him a clown but look at his successes so far.

He is appealing to the bulk of Americans while the political elite boils.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2017, 02:13:22 am »
You so completely miss the game.

Trump does not even have to mention a name, yet he stirs 'em up.  The projection by a master.

And if you were entertained so much, with the B___S___?

Sarah handled the press masterfully on this issue.  Her very expression shot down all the smirking news people who wanted to capitalize on it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2017, 02:15:42 am »
Exactly correct.  People think him a clown but look at his successes so far.

He is appealing to the bulk of Americans while the political elite boils.

Ah ... I believe its the MSM/DEMS that would like people to think him a clown ... so far ... he's leading more than Bammy could ever dream of and he should be given credit when credit is due.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2017, 02:16:02 am »
When I think of "presidential", I think of "Tear down this wall, MISTER Gorbachev!" One can only imagine the moniker Trump would have assigned to Gorby.

@Concerned hasn't gotten back to me on how Presidential Clinton was.  Wonder why???

In fact, the only decent democrat President I can think of is Truman.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2017, 02:19:00 am »
Maybe you haven't but others in the NT camp have called him that and much worse.

Did Clinton respect the office when he called Monica in for a little session?

Did JFK respect the office when he had countless affairs and liaisons? 

In my book respecting the office is more about doing what is best for the American people and I think he's doing that although there are significant roadblocks in his path with this congress and a bunch of Obama holdover judges.

Other Presidents have certainly done things that disrespected the office, and I called them on it at the time.  In fact, I'll continue to call Presidents out who I think disrespect the office.  This is true whether they are my party or not.  To do otherwise would be hypocritical IMO.  As I said, Trump's the one who said he would be "so presidential that (we) won’t even recognize" him.  I'm still waiting.  If you think he's met that goal, we simply agree to disagree.  Sure there are "roadblocks" but he ran on being a "great negotiator", a "great dealmaker", and that he "alone" could fix Washington.  I'm still waiting evidence of those too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2017, 02:19:11 am »

Trump is a child who doesn't think before he speaks.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.