Author Topic: Republicans flee from McConnell in 2018 primaries  (Read 399 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans flee from McConnell in 2018 primaries
« on: November 26, 2017, 08:37:15 pm »
 Republicans flee from McConnell in 2018 primaries

While GOP candidates distance themselves from the Senate leader, Democrats hope to turn him into the next Nancy Pelosi.

By KEVIN ROBILLARD

11/25/2017 07:09 AM EST

Nobody wants to be on Team McConnell.

Heading into the 2018 elections, only one Republican Senate candidate nationwide has pledged unequivocally to back Mitch McConnell as majority leader. Most Republicans facing competitive primaries are hemming and hawing, admiring McConnell’s political savvy and fundraising apparatus — but also looking warily at his sinking approval ratings both with Republicans and the broader electorate.

Even in some of the red and purple states represented by Democratic senators where McConnell is hoping to pad his majority — places like Missouri, Michigan and Wisconsin — the leading candidates are dodging questions about McConnell's leadership or threatening to oppose him if the GOP Congress doesn't deliver on the party's legislative priorities in the coming months.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/25/republicans-flee-from-mcconnell-in-2018-primaries-259615?lo=ap_d1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Republicans flee from McConnell in 2018 primaries
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:40:43 pm »
Gee!  I wonder why?  Him being the fine, upstanding leader he is and all!  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:45:11 pm »

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:45:19 pm »

He is a Democrates best friend.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 09:06:55 pm »
Too bad the locals and the Yellow Dogs refused to flee from him during the 2014 primary.

We'd be in a far different place today.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 12:33:38 am »
Off-de-wall prediction:

If the coming fight by McConnell to expel Roy Moore from the Senate goes badly for Mitch, the next Senate Majority Leader might be.... hehe... Mr. Moore!