Author Topic: Franken says he's 'ashamed' by allegations, will return to work Monday  (Read 457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Franken says he's 'ashamed' by allegations, will return to work Monday
By Mallory Shelbourne - 11/26/17 02:49 PM EST

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) said in a new interview that he's “embarrassed and ashamed” by the accusations of sexual misconduct that have been leveled against him this month.

“I’m embarrassed and ashamed. I’ve let a lot of people down and I’m hoping I can make it up to them and gradually regain their trust,” Franken told The Star-Tribune in a Sunday phone interview.

“I’m looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow,” Franken said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/361869-franken-says-hes-embarrassed-and-ashamed-by-allegations-will-return-to-work
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Franken says he's 'ashamed' by allegations, will return to work Monday
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:37:54 pm »
Who thought he'd resign??

He's a Leftist.  Make a phony apology, then continue exactly as you have done before.

He will molest and harass again, as sure as the sun rises and sets.

And none of his supporters will care.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »
Who thought he'd resign??

He's a Leftist.  Make a phony apology, then continue exactly as you have done before.

He will molest and harass again, as sure as the sun rises and sets.

And none of his supporters will care.

That's a given.

They'd have to pay attention to care.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:41:49 pm »
No need for him to resign.  If the People of MN want him out they can do it at the ballot box. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:53:33 pm »
No need for him to resign.  If the People of MN want him out they can do it at the ballot box.

Besides which, according to you, he's been GREAT for women because he believes in the slaughter of the unborn....  *****rollingeyes*****

(You don't want Franken to resign because you're in the same political camp with him, not because of any concern for the will of the people of Minnesota....... who only "voted" for him after those magical ballots appeared in car trunks all for him and none for Coleman......).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

That's a given.

They'd have to pay attention to care.

They just cheer on any pro-abortion creep like they always have......

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:01:40 pm »
Interesting the source inserted "by allegations" into the discussion.  Franken isn't quoted in the article saying anything about "allegations".  He has apologized for his BEHAVIOUR.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 10:01:21 pm »
“I deny these allegations, many of which were raised by documents reportedly paid for by a partisan alt-right blogger. I very much look forward to vindicating myself and my family before the House Committee on Ethics,” Conyers said.

And then there's Franken.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 12:29:36 am »
I wonder if this will make Senator Franken any more vulnerable when he's up for re-election?

Hmmmm..... nah.... it's Minnesss...sota.
Probably not.