Author Topic: WATCH: Guilty Until Proven Innocent? OAN Investigates the Case Against Roy Moore  (Read 4479 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Thank you for posting this great video.  I often enjoy OANN reporting, and this was no exception!

At least some OANN is available free on YouTube

Beats reading days and days, and ages and pages, of repeated stuff
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

Maybe not but it is one hell of a good video to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially
the part about Cruz. I think I'm going to go watch it again.  :cool:

@jpsb

It’s better than an SNL skit, lol.

“You golddanged evil fellers and queers and sodomite idiots!  Conspiring to smear this Godly man because he’s a Biblicalist!  (? Wth?)  And by the way, I don’t know anything about him.”

*shakes rock, slams it down, wipes drool from chin*

Silver Pines

Lets show what I was agreeing with. The poster was defending Uma Thurman one of my
favorites.

It is mean and churlish to sneer at women (Uma) for not saying something at the time. It would have been like a slave complaining about low pay before 1861—"what are those confounded darkies talking about?" The time wasn't right; punishments and banishments and harsh persecutions by attorneys were what would have happened. There was no Twitter when she was in Kill Bill; no social media, no place to take those complaints and have them receive support or even be taken seriously. Would you like it if you spent years preparing for a career and had it all taken away from you because you didn't want your boss to insert his penis into one or more of your orifices?

Harvey admitted guilt and checked into a clinent to get help. Moore maintains his innocence.
See the difference? But I don't blame a woman for keeping silent rather than accuse a powerful
man that could ruin her life. I just do not believe the Moore accusers.

@jpsb

So you give her more leeway if she’s an actress you like?

The person said “women.”  Plural.  She specified Thurman to keep it on topic.  Anyway, you were right to agree with her.

I am curious, though, what kind of “help” you think a man needs to keep his hands to himself.

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

So you give her more leeway if she’s an actress you like?

The person said “women.”  Plural.  She specified Thurman to keep it on topic.  Anyway, you were right to agree with her.

I am curious, though, what kind of “help” you think a man needs to keep his hands to himself.

The norms of acceptable behavior change with time. Back in my day it was OK to date a co-worker,
even if that co-worker was subordinate to him. Apparently today that is not OK. So I am a little
dated and probably not the one to ask. But a man knows when a woman is interested in him
and if she has expressed interest, I see nothing wrong he a man responding in kind (both single
of course). But a man must be very careful, choose wisely, because if things go sour he could
find himself in a world of trouble.

Silver Pines

The norms of acceptable behavior change with time. Back in my day it was OK to date a co-worker,
even if that co-worker was subordinate to him. Apparently today that is not OK. So I am a little
dated and probably not the one to ask. But a man knows when a woman is interested in him
and if she has expressed interest, I see nothing wrong he a man responding in kind (both single
of course). But a man must be very careful, choose wisely, because if things go sour he could
find himself in a world of trouble.

@jpsb

Women have to choose wisely, as well, or they find themselves with men who give lip service to protecting and respecting women, but who bail when the rubber hits the road.

Guess I’ve been blessed in that respect.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@INVAR
You got that right.

@INVAR

If you've been reading my posts, you know I've said repeatedly that I held back judgment on Moore when the womens' claims came out, and that I formed my opinion after the corroborations of various people who knew and worked with Moore.  I guess you just happened to miss those, because you have to have something to throw when the facts aren't on your side.
You posted a clip of a clip of a newspaper article that essentially said crap like "Oh, we could tell you things". But no one did tell things, except for the complaint that Moore seemed to think he was the only one in the office not on the take and that his stuff was being slowed down.

Well I have worked in environments where those same eye rolling statements can apply to a lot that has absolutely nothing to do with sex. Why, that sumb&tch might want something re typed without errors because of typos, whatta perfectionist. *****rollingeyes***** to no one bothered to put another roll in the can after they used the last of it  *****rollingeyes*****  to He wants this done when????  *****rollingeyes*****

But all those statements were used nebulously to somehow support allegations of sexual impropriety? When no one mentioned sex?? when no maidenheads were taken?

Democrats doing what democrats do, and the timing, style, and general MO is the same used against Cruz (SEVEN! mistresses!)throughout the GOP Primaries.

I dearly have enjoyed your commentary in the past, and even on this you have forced me to take a second look more than once, but frankly, I think this is a typical smear campaign from the Uniparty types who would rather have Jones than Moore, even if they wanted some Strange in office so they could keep getting theirs on the Hill with no "Boy Scouts" (used in the classical sense). Moore's Military record is that of a guy who is a stickler for the rules, even in the decaying in-country situation in Vietnam. Not the sort of man to break them, to go against the letter of the law, nor the sort of man to tolerate it in anyone in DC, either, and that is a major threat to both sides down there in DC.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:53:41 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:32:00 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Silver Pines

You posted a clip of a clip of a newspaper article that essentially said crap like "Oh, we could tell you things". But no one did tell things, except for the complaint that Moore seemed to think he was the only one in the office not on the take and that his stuff was being slowed down.

Well I have worked in environments where those same eye rolling statements can apply to a lot that has absolutely nothing to do with sex. Why, that sumb&tch might want something re typed without errors because of typos, whatta perfectionist. *****rollingeyes***** to no one bothered to put another roll in the can after they used the last of it  *****rollingeyes*****  to He wants this done when????  *****rollingeyes*****

But all those statements were used nebulously to somehow support allegations of sexual impropriety? When no one mentioned sex?? when no maidenheads were taken?

Democrats doing what democrats do, and the timing, style, and general MO is the same used against Cruz (SEVEN! mistresses!)throughout the GOP Primaries.

I dearly have enjoyed your commentary in the past, and even on this you have forced me to take a second look more than once, but frankly, I think this is a typical smear campaign from the Uniparty types who would rather have Jones than Moore, even if they wanted some Strange in office so they could keep getting theirs on the Hill with no "Boy Scouts" (used in the classical sense). Moore's Military record is that of a guy who is a stickler for the rules, even in the decaying in-country situation in Vietnam. Not the sort of man to break them, to go against the letter of the law, nor the sort of man to tolerate it in anyone in DC, either, and that is a major threat to both sides down there in DC.

@Smokin Joe

I think Moore is guilty, quite simply, and I’m far from being alone.  Many sober conservatives with intellects greater than mine don’t understand how on earth the case against Moore can be dismissed.   Well...I should say they understand the reason, and so do I, but to see it unfold is an amazing thing. 

Like I said yesterday, at this point Moore could admit to everything and it would be “Who got to Roy?  They must have threatened him or his family!  It’s the Deep State!”   That, or even worse, “I still don’t care.  I don’t want that Dem to win.”

It would be nice if I didn’t have to repeat myself to you about the clipping, but I’ve become used to that over the past few days.  I’ve had to constantly remind members of my original stance on Moore when they misrepresent it.  Somehow the explanation always is missed, though. 

So let me repeat what I posted to you the first time you accused me of posting an edited clip, although I’m sure you saw my reply  at that time.  I saved the clipping from a news source on Twitter.  Trump/Moore fans immediately tried to claim it was edited, and the source posted the entire article.  I think I did, too.

The interesting thing was that even lifting that clip didn’t make a difference, because nothing in the rest of the article contradicted it.  Not in any way.  Which I said to you at the time.

Feel free to ignore it again.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
At least some OANN is available free on YouTube

Beats reading days and days, and ages and pages, of repeated stuff

I get that channel. I do watch it. 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I think Moore is guilty, quite simply, and I’m far from being alone.  Many sober conservatives with intellects greater than mine don’t understand how on earth the case against Moore can be dismissed.   Well...I should say they understand the reason, and so do I, but to see it unfold is an amazing thing. 

Like I said yesterday, at this point Moore could admit to everything and it would be “Who got to Roy?  They must have threatened him or his family!  It’s the Deep State!”   That, or even worse, “I still don’t care.  I don’t want that Dem to win.”

It would be nice if I didn’t have to repeat myself to you about the clipping, but I’ve become used to that over the past few days.  I’ve had to constantly remind members of my original stance on Moore when they misrepresent it.  Somehow the explanation always is missed, though. 

So let me repeat what I posted to you the first time you accused me of posting an edited clip, although I’m sure you saw my reply  at that time.  I saved the clipping from a news source on Twitter.  Trump/Moore fans immediately tried to claim it was edited, and the source posted the entire article.  I think I did, too.

The interesting thing was that even lifting that clip didn’t make a difference, because nothing in the rest of the article contradicted it.  Not in any way.  Which I said to you at the time.

Feel free to ignore it again.
Of course nothing in the article contradicted it. Nothing in the article states an allegation of sexual impropriety. NOTHING. Which was MY point, which you will conveniently ignore. There are a buttload of molester types on Capitol Hill (or why all that money spent on settlements?) who are scared sh*tless of having someone in DC who actually goes by the rules, only instead of threatening to frag him like the more honest folks he dealt with in 'Nam, they go the route of character assassination with allegations of misdeeds.

You are welcome to lounge in the swamp if you want to, we've provided the counter and exculpatory evidence, and you are free apparently determined to ignore it.

As for the "Trump/Moore fans" thing, Most of us who do not believe the allegations, who find that evidence to the contrary provides more than just reasonable doubt of the allegations, but refutation, are not Trump fans. I couldn't vote for Cruz (we had no presidential primary in this state) but I didn't vote for Trump. Trump supported Strange, not Moore, and only could be considered supporting him in the tepid sense that he hasn't joined in the Capitol Hill chorus to point the fickle finger of allegation and cry for all sorts of highly unusual measures to be taken to remove another Republican from office if he gets elected, over something that has been alleged to have happened 40 years ago, despite people coming forward with facts to refute the allegation.

You are siding with such 'conservative' bastions as McConnel, Graham, and Gloria Allred.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:45:14 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Thank you for your kind reply, @EdJames
 :beer:

I like em too... It's nice to get a Midwestern point of view, free of both left coasts. If only they could find commentators that retain a drawl, I'd feel more at home  :cool:

You are more than welcome, it is a good network, hoping they get onto more outlets as time goes on.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
! No longer available

More OAN, OAN isn't perfect... in fact, they had one report about 6 months ago I seriously disagreed with but they are a step in the right direction, so is a lot of Newsmax. OAN always has news on.

Silver Pines

Of course nothing in the article contradicted it. Nothing in the article states an allegation of sexual impropriety. NOTHING. Which was MY point, which you will conveniently ignore. There are a buttload of molester types on Capitol Hill (or why all that money spent on settlements?) who are scared sh*tless of having someone in DC who actually goes by the rules, only instead of threatening to frag him like the more honest folks he dealt with in 'Nam, they go the route of character assassination with allegations of misdeeds.

You are welcome to lounge in the swamp if you want to, we've provided the counter and exculpatory evidence, and you are free apparently determined to ignore it.

As for the "Trump/Moore fans" thing, Most of us who do not believe the allegations, who find that evidence to the contrary provides more than just reasonable doubt of the allegations, but refutation, are not Trump fans. I couldn't vote for Cruz (we had no presidential primary in this state) but I didn't vote for Trump. Trump supported Strange, not Moore, and only could be considered supporting him in the tepid sense that he hasn't joined in the Capitol Hill chorus to point the fickle finger of allegation and cry for all sorts of highly unusual measures to be taken to remove another Republican from office if he gets elected, over something that has been alleged to have happened 40 years ago, despite people coming forward with facts to refute the allegation.

You are siding with such 'conservative' bastions as McConnel, Graham, and Gloria Allred.  **nononono*

@Smokin Joe

It really would help if you’d ping me when you respond to me.  I don’t have the time to scan all these threads and chances are I’ll miss it.

Listen, don’t talk to me about convenient ignorance.  I don’t know how many times I’ve had to repeat myself because my posts have been misrepresented over and over.

Yeah, D..C is full of molesters, but somehow Moore is the only one who’s been falsely accused.  I honestly don’t understand what it is about the guy that has people convinced he’s some kind of Old Testament saint.  He showed he was far from that before these allegations broke.  He’s no hero, he’s a politician.

Worse, he’s a pervert, and defending such a man is about as deep in the swamp as you can get.  I don’t give a single damn who I’m “siding” with when I recognize that.  It’s irrelevant.  It’s a matter of common decency and I have no patience with blind tribalism which tries to make it about McConnell or anyone else.  There are more important things than politics.

Now let me start the countdown until someone starts yelling, “See?  I told you, she’s a Democrat who votes for liberals!”

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

@Smokin Joe

It really would help if you’d ping me when you respond to me.  I don’t have the time to scan all these threads and chances are I’ll miss it.

Listen, don’t talk to me about convenient ignorance.  I don’t know how many times I’ve had to repeat myself because my posts have been misrepresented over and over.

Yeah, D..C is full of molesters, but somehow Moore is the only one who’s been falsely accused.  I honestly don’t understand what it is about the guy that has people convinced he’s some kind of Old Testament saint.  He showed he was far from that before these allegations broke.  He’s no hero, he’s a politician.

Worse, he’s a pervert, and defending such a man is about as deep in the swamp as you can get.  I don’t give a single damn who I’m “siding” with when I recognize that.  It’s irrelevant.  It’s a matter of common decency and I have no patience with blind tribalism which tries to make it about McConnell or anyone else.  There are more important things than politics.

Now let me start the countdown until someone starts yelling, “See?  I told you, she’s a Democrat who votes for liberals!”

@CatherineofAragon
You're a democrat who votes for liberals?!  GD you tricked me.

Offline Frank Cannon

@CatherineofAragon
You're a democrat who votes for liberals?!  GD you tricked me.

You're getting tricked all over the place.

BTW @CatherineofAragon is also a 3rd Degree Mason so be careful when you start your car in the morning.

Offline RoosGirl

You're getting tricked all over the place.

BTW @CatherineofAragon is also a 3rd Degree Mason so be careful when you start your car in the morning.

I'm feeling very out of sorts this evening.  I've been working very hard defending rapists from false allegations and there's been a black SUV with blackout windows parked across the street all day.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm feeling very out of sorts this evening.  I've been working very hard defending rapists from false allegations and there's been a black SUV with blackout windows parked across the street all day.

Nothing to worry about. That's just me waiting for you to take a shower.

BTW when I was casing your place earlier I noticed you were running low on milk.

Offline RoosGirl

Nothing to worry about. That's just me waiting for you to take a shower.

BTW when I was casing your place earlier I noticed you were running low on milk.

You could at least admit you're also drinking it, since I just bought a gallon yesterday.

Offline jpsb

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:29:04 am by jpsb »

Offline Frank Cannon

You could at least admit you're also drinking it, since I just bought a gallon yesterday.

I can't drink it. I'm lactose intolerant.......I use it to fill my sitz bath I keep in the back of the SUV. Sitting in the car all day keeping tabs on you plays hell on my ass.

Offline RoosGirl

I can't drink it. I'm lactose intolerant.......I use it to fill my sitz bath I keep in the back of the SUV. Sitting in the car all day keeping tabs on you plays hell on my ass.

I can massage that for you.

Offline Frank Cannon

I can massage that for you.

How much is that going to cost me?

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Nah. There is nothing left for me to say to you.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
How much is that going to cost me?

I think she is running a special this week.

I know the latex is an extra charge though.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:02:55 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775