Author Topic: Driver tries to cut into Trump's motorcade in Florida  (Read 872 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Driver tries to cut into Trump's motorcade in Florida
« on: November 26, 2017, 03:25:37 pm »
Driver tries to cut into Trump's motorcade in Florida
By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox New

An angry motorist tried to cut his van into President Donald Trump's motorcade in Florida on Saturday afternoon and made obscene gestures as he was pulled over by police.

A White House pool report said the red van "attempted to cut into the motorcade. Local law enforcement pulled over the vehicle, where the driver made obscene gestures and screamed several expletives."

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/25/driver-tries-to-cut-into-trumps-motorcade-in-florida.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Driver tries to cut into Trump's motorcade in Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 04:53:56 pm »
George Bennett‏-Palm Beach Post-
.@PBCountySheriff SWAT on @realDonaldTrump motorcade duty today. #TrumpInPalmBeach

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:08:16 pm »
I don't blame the driver. Life is sucky enough. Who needs to wait around for some royalty procession to pass so that you can continue with your day.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 05:18:51 pm »
Is it just me, or does anyone else recoil when they see these county SWAT members all decked out in their paramilitary gear?

As ex-military, I find it frickin' bizarre and *almost* akin to some kind of "stolen valor." Overweight wannabes for sure.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:19:07 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 05:21:40 pm »
Is it just me, or does anyone else recoil when they see these county SWAT members all decked out in their paramilitary gear?

As ex-military, I find it frickin' bizarre and *almost* akin to some kind of "stolen valor." Overweight wannabes for sure.

I have a problem with it too. Also remember that these local cops are usually mental defectives that have ego issues.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 07:16:20 pm »

*shrugs*

I dunno how to stop it... LEOs are to stop with pistols and no body armor going against bangers with full auto?
The science of a fire-fight remains the same, and I am not surprised that law enforcement leans on proven government solutions, which means para-mil.

I don't like it, and I don't want it... But Andy Griffith it ain't no more.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 07:20:46 pm »
*shrugs*

I dunno how to stop it... LEOs are to stop with pistols and no body armor going against bangers with full auto?
The science of a fire-fight remains the same, and I am not surprised that law enforcement leans on proven government solutions, which means para-mil.

Maybe I should put it this way: I was an extremely effective infantry soldier. My squad was an extremely effective infantry squad. All that Special Forces wannabe gear was not required. Especially not the "we're cool and elite" sunglasses.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 07:41:23 pm »
Maybe I should put it this way: I was an extremely effective infantry soldier. My squad was an extremely effective infantry squad. All that Special Forces wannabe gear was not required. Especially not the "we're cool and elite" sunglasses.

WAY outside of my expertise So I'll take you at your word on the thing... But I would ask of your example holds true in today's infantry as well... Or are they taking advantage of lightweight body armor and etc too?

Not challenging you... It's just... I'm a duffer, and all I need is a pickup with a bench seat roll-down windows, a beer-can-thrower window and an am radio... I LIKE a truck with a carburetor and a stick, that isn't going to break, that I can fix in the woods with simple tools...   

But pickups today have butt warmers, wifi and bluetooth, and more cup holders than anyone will ever use... And fuel injection and computers, and more sensors than they'd hook on me at the ER... And are incredibly over-complicated for the task at hand. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. Who would choose independent front suspension over the reliability and durability of a straight axle? Yet they do.

I get you - If I go out in the woods, all I need to live pretty indefinitely is around 30 lbs of pack. You'd probably do the same, or thereabouts. The new generation, not so much. Guys are walking out with 60 lbs for 3 days.

Duffer-ism, maybe?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 08:03:48 pm »
I had a friend whose mom was in the process of being rushed by ambulance to the hospital because of a heart attack that had to wait on Clinton's procession to clear out before the ambulance could continue to the hospital.  I can't fault the red van driver a damn bit.  That area of town is crazy busy on a normal day.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 08:13:32 pm »

Is it just me or does that helmet and glasses make that guy look like a dick?  Nah...I'm sure he is a dick with out the gear.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 10:09:36 pm »
I don't blame the driver. Life is sucky enough. Who needs to wait around for some royalty procession to pass so that you can continue with your day.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 10:19:20 pm »
*shrugs*

Around where I am you see motorcycle officers with those dangerous in the hands of civilians black rifles on the back of their bikes, and I don't believe they are AR-15's. After that 1997 shootout in L.A. between body armored thieves with automatic weapons and police it seemed that every police department stocked up on full autos.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:27 pm »
Around where I am you see motorcycle officers with those dangerous in the hands of civilians black rifles on the back of their bikes, and I don't believe they are AR-15's. After that 1997 shootout in L.A. between body armored thieves with automatic weapons and police it seemed that every police department stocked up on full autos.

Yeah well, I don't like it, but neither can I blame them. That's all I got.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 02:43:53 am »
WAY outside of my expertise So I'll take you at your word on the thing... But I would ask of your example holds true in today's infantry as well... Or are they taking advantage of lightweight body armor and etc too?

Not challenging you... It's just... I'm a duffer, and all I need is a pickup with a bench seat roll-down windows, a beer-can-thrower window and an am radio... I LIKE a truck with a carburetor and a stick, that isn't going to break, that I can fix in the woods with simple tools...   

But pickups today have butt warmers, wifi and bluetooth, and more cup holders than anyone will ever use... And fuel injection and computers, and more sensors than they'd hook on me at the ER... And are incredibly over-complicated for the task at hand. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. Who would choose independent front suspension over the reliability and durability of a straight axle? Yet they do.

I get you - If I go out in the woods, all I need to live pretty indefinitely is around 30 lbs of pack. You'd probably do the same, or thereabouts. The new generation, not so much. Guys are walking out with 60 lbs for 3 days.

Duffer-ism, maybe?

There is a difference between taking advantage of good gear and wearing gear that isn't called for. The LEOs we see wearing boatloads of tactical gear are loaded for bear when they're on a turkey shoot.

And it's not like they're "being prepared." They're being wannabes.

I'll tell you what - take a look at what some real SF dudes lug around. Half the time, it ain't sh!t. In fact, it's often so little you don't feel threatened by them at all. That's by design. THEY are the weapon. They are not about calling unnecessary attention to themselves.

These LEO asshats buy all their crap straight out of some tactical mail order mag they whack off to in the bathroom. They sicken me.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 03:53:39 am »
There is a difference between taking advantage of good gear and wearing gear that isn't called for. The LEOs we see wearing boatloads of tactical gear are loaded for bear when they're on a turkey shoot.

And it's not like they're "being prepared." They're being wannabes.

I'll tell you what - take a look at what some real SF dudes lug around. Half the time, it ain't sh!t. In fact, it's often so little you don't feel threatened by them at all. That's by design. THEY are the weapon. They are not about calling unnecessary attention to themselves.

These LEO asshats buy all their crap straight out of some tactical mail order mag they whack off to in the bathroom. They sicken me.

Tell us how you really feel.  ^-^

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 03:56:01 am »
Tell us how you really feel.  ^-^

I don't know how he feels, but I feel gassy. I had leftover Indian food in my trunk for a couple days and hated to throw it out. Had it for dinner tonight.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 03:56:49 am »
I don't know how he feels, but I feel gassy. I had leftover Indian food in my trunk for a couple days and hated to throw it out. Had it for dinner tonight.

I think that is the perfect dinner for you.