Author Topic: Linda Tripp: 'It's a Day Late, and It's a Dollar Short'  (Read 594 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Linda Tripp: 'It's a Day Late, and It's a Dollar Short'
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:17:59 pm »
Monica Lewinsky's confidante has a lot to say to the women who have finally acknowledged that Bill Clinton is a sexual predator.
By Peter J. Boyer
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/linda-tripp-its-a-day-late-and-its-a-dollar-short/article/2010600

As the reckoning over sexual abuse finally reaches Bill Clinton, with handwringing by some of his
former defenders in the press and in politics, one Clinton White House veteran is following developments
with particular interest—and a large measure of skepticism.

“It’s a day late, and it’s a dollar short,” says Linda Tripp, who, 20 years ago, was thrust into the center
of the sex scandal that led to Clinton’s impeachment. It was Tripp who revealed the president’s sexual
relationship with a 21-year-old White House intern and, for her troubles, was painted as the villain of
the sordid episode.

Tripp has a quiet life in Northern Virginia horse country, avoiding the public attention that was so
unwelcome in the late 1990s. But the unending flow of headlines about the bad behavior of powerful
men, she says, “is forcing me to relive a lot of it.” She’s unconvinced by recent calls in the press for
Clinton’s deeds to be reconsidered in a more critical light. “They have nothing to lose, and this is now
permissible,” she says. “The fact that the Clintons are dead in the water gives [the media] tacit approval
to act like human beings. . . . It’s disingenuous" . . .

. . . She decided to speak publicly about the renewed interest in Clinton’s sex scandals, and her role in
one of them, because of something that happened during a recent visit to her son’s family. The subject
of Lewinsky came up, and her daughter-in-law urged her to resist talking publicly about the Clintons.
“She said—and this was very, very painful to hear—that she didn’t want her own children to be defined
by their last name.”

Tripp says she doesn’t expect that the current rush to reconsider Clinton’s behavior will extend to her
and her motives. “I’ll still be the evil witch,” she says. “You know, you can’t unring that bell.”

But she says that she is wholly comfortable with the role she played in the Lewinsky matter. And she
repeated what she told her daughter-in-law: “I said I did the right thing. I may have done the right
thing the wrong way, but I did the right thing. And I would do it again.”

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Linda Tripp: 'It's a Day Late, and It's a Dollar Short'
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »
I never saw Tripp as a villain in the whole sordid Clinton affair(s).  I know the media worked overtime to make her seem so.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:47:16 pm »
I never saw Tripp as a villain in the whole sordid Clinton affair(s).  I know the media worked overtime to make her seem so.

As they always do with anyone who is effectively countering the establishment narrative!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 08:51:07 pm »
Save the blue dress was the best advice Lewinsky got.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 09:23:12 am »
Save the blue dress was the best advice Lewinsky got.

Linda Tripp was older and wiser were Lewinsky was younger, love struck,....

Lewinsky had no idea the type of people she was dealing with. Linda Tripp did
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy