Author Topic: Trump Keeping His Word on H-1B Work Visas  (Read 867 times)

Offline endicom

Trump Keeping His Word on H-1B Work Visas
« on: November 24, 2017, 02:01:13 pm »
American Thinker
Karin McQuillan
Nov. 24, 2017

The pro-immigration lawyers are apoplectic, which is always a sign for celebration. As in other Trump achievements during his first year, the President is accomplishing a cutback on foreign tech workers displacing Americans entirely on his own. The Republican Congress remains stubbornly opposed to the immigration restrictions Republican voters want. 

The main tool at President Trump’s disposal is the appointment of a new agency head, in this case Francis Cissna as director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), who came on board in October, followed in swift order by the novel idea of actually following the law and scrutinizing visa applications.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/11/trump_keeping_his_word_on_h1b_work_visas.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump Keeping His Word on H-1B Work Visas
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 03:25:34 pm »
American Thinker
Karin McQuillan
Nov. 24, 2017

The pro-immigration lawyers are apoplectic, which is always a sign for celebration. As in other Trump achievements during his first year, the President is accomplishing a cutback on foreign tech workers displacing Americans entirely on his own. The Republican Congress remains stubbornly opposed to the immigration restrictions Republican voters want. 

The main tool at President Trump’s disposal is the appointment of a new agency head, in this case Francis Cissna as director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), who came on board in October, followed in swift order by the novel idea of actually following the law and scrutinizing visa applications.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/11/trump_keeping_his_word_on_h1b_work_visas.html

I did not vote for Trump but freely admit that so far as I can tell he has kept every promise he made that he could on his own.  If he continues in that fashion I will definitely vote for him next time should he still want the job.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 03:40:17 pm »
After all the crap thrown at Trump by the political system I wouldn’t blame him if he did bow out of reelection, though I suspect he’s not the one-and-done type.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 03:48:37 pm »
I did not vote for Trump but freely admit that so far as I can tell he has kept every promise he made that he could on his own.

He's been trying to and doesn't throw in the towel. The congressional Republicans, OTOH, seem to plan to throw in the towel after some token attempt at doing something worthwhile. Paul, Cruz and some others may not be towel throwers but they would be the exception.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »

He's been trying to and doesn't throw in the towel. The congressional Republicans, OTOH, seem to plan to throw in the towel after some token attempt at doing something worthwhile. Paul, Cruz and some others may not be towel throwers but they would be the exception.

Sadly, I think you can count the non towel throwers in both houses with the fingers on your two hands.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 04:00:20 pm »
I did not vote for Trump but freely admit that so far as I can tell he has kept every promise he made that he could on his own.  If he continues in that fashion I will definitely vote for him next time should he still want the job.
One promise I wish he would not have kept is to keep the ethanol boondoggle alive.

It is really hurting ordinary people as they get the double whammy of higher gasoline prices and higher taxes to pay for it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »
After all the crap thrown at Trump by the political system I wouldn’t blame him if he did bow out of reelection, ...

Nah, I don't think this is in the man @aligncare   "Challenges" have historically brought out the fight in him.    ^-^

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 04:08:02 pm »
One promise I wish he would not have kept is to keep the ethanol boondoggle alive.

A political necessity, I think. Get the voters in the cornhole states to see things differently and that can change. Grassley backing off of ethanol would be a good sign.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 04:14:49 pm »

It is really hurting ordinary people as they get the double whammy of higher gasoline prices and higher taxes to pay for it.

No doubt about that!  888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 06:35:23 pm »
After all the crap thrown at Trump by the political system I wouldn’t blame him if he did bow out of reelection, though I suspect he’s not the one-and-done type.

He did say "America's been good to me and I want to pay it back." or words to that effect.

So yes, I don't see him walking away in 3 years.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 06:48:54 pm »

He's also requiring the 60k Haitians who were granted temp refugee visas under Obama to either find some either legal means of staying or return home.

This kind of news is like salve for my soul. So sick of being the world's largest sucker.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 06:50:49 pm »
A political necessity, I think. Get the voters in the cornhole states to see things differently and that can change. Grassley backing off of ethanol would be a good sign.

Good point, as I have said before, Trump was smart to get some Middle-Western states to vote for him since some of the South is going towards being minority-majority if not there already, those states may not stay red in the long term future. He is building a new constituency.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 06:51:17 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 03:06:17 am »
No problem with the decades big oil has gotten tax breaks.

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 03:50:11 pm »
No problem with the decades big oil has gotten tax breaks.
Care to elucidate on who do you think 'big oil' is and what those tax breaks actually are?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 05:50:32 pm »
Care to elucidate on who do you think 'big oil' is and what those tax breaks actually are?
I guess not.  @TomSea