Author Topic: Alabama Senate hopeful Doug Jones defended man with ties to KKK, Holocaust deniers  (Read 403 times)

Offline mrclose

OOPS! :shrug:

The Democratic nominee in the heated Alabama Senate race once defended a man in court who has ties to the Ku Klux Klan and Holocaust deniers, complicating his record on the campaign trail as a civil rights champion.

Former U.S. Attorney Doug Jones is running against Republican candidate Roy Moore for the Senate seat, which was long occupied by now-U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/22/alabama-senate-hopeful-doug-jones-defended-man-with-ties-to-kkk-holocaust-deniers.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:41:54 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline skeeter

Well, he was an attorney.

If HE was the guy with KKK ties that'd be something.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That settles it...I'm not supporting that ashhole either.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
All the same, everyone has a right to legal representation. Would only getting public defenders work?  I'm certainly not for Jones, but what's next? Boycotting a gas station that sold gas to someone with ties to the Klan?

And how about this?

Roy Moore once addressed white supremacist group cited by Dylann Roof, website reports
Updated Jun 23, 2015; Posted Jun 23, 2015

By Brian Lawson
Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore. (Julie Bennet)

Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore spoke to the white supremacist group that accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof cited as an influence, the website BuzzFeed reported this afternoon.

BuzzFeed reports that Moore addressed the Council of Conservative Citizens in 1995, while an Alabama 16th Judicial Circuit Judge. Moore was elected chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, for the second time, in 2012.

The report includes a copy of the group's newsletter, the "Citizens Informer" which features a picture of Moore and other speakers at the group's semi-annual national conference.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/roy_moore_once_addressed_white.html

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Isn't this a high recommendation to democrat voters? :shrug:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
All the same, everyone has a right to legal representation. Would only getting public defenders work?  I'm certainly not for Jones, but what's next? Boycotting a gas station that sold gas to someone with ties to the Klan?

And how about this?

Yep I knew this a week ago.

Roy Moore once addressed white supremacist group cited by Dylann Roof, website reports

Comment 
Updated Jun 23, 2015; Posted Jun 23, 2015

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/roy_moore_once_addressed_white.html

White supremacist leader recently donated to Roy Moore’s campaign

Blog ››› November 10, 2017 2:00 PM EST  ››› ERIC HANANOKI

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/11/10/white-supremacist-leader-recently-donated-roy-moore-s-campaign/218519
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.