Author Topic: 22-count indictment returned against suspect in New York City bike path terror attack  (Read 318 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
A federal grand jury returned a 22-count indictment Tuesday against Sayfullo Saipov in connection with the deadly terror attack on Manhattan's West Side on Halloween.

The indictment treats the Islamic State, in whose name Saipov told police he carried out the attack, like a mafia family. It charges Saipov with murder in aid of racketeering, a charge federal prosecutors typically use in organized crime cases.

"Consumed by hate and a twisted ideology, Sayfullo Saipov allegedly barreled down a pedestrian walkway and bicycle path on a sunny afternoon on the west side of Manhattan, killing eight innocent people," acting U.S. Attorney Joon Kim said.

read more at :http://abcnews.go.com/US/22-count-indictment-returned-suspect-york-city-bike/story?id=51313643

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wonder why they had to go the Mafia family route?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And, they're just now indicting him?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And, they're just now indicting him?

Who is afraid to call anything a terrorist attack?  I want them in jail, or, barring that, sent to Mars or somewhere farther.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why do I not read First Degree Murder anywhere in that article?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Wonder why they had to go the Mafia family route?
I seem to recall that RICO statutes were first deployed against the NYC Mafiosi organizations, by Rudy Giuliani.

I pertained to greater flexibility and latitude for evidence gathering like wiretaps etc.

Maybe one of our resident attorneys will fill us in, on why our federal system of government crime solving has not advanced from the 1980s mafia investigation era, now 16 years after 9-11 etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln