Author Topic: Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'  (Read 33187 times)

Offline jpsb

And I have likewise been to many (of each), and junior high sports events too, to include girls volleyball.

Girls volley ball is OK

but girls beach volleyball rocks

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I highly doubt you'd believe any "evidence" that doesn't support your feelings about this guy and his creepy need to seek out (multiple) girls half his age......
So men's needs are now creepy if there aren't any dateable women your age. Thank you for revealing yourselves.

Screw this board and its misandry. I'm out. If you can't understand the truth, to Hell with you all.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RetBobbyMI

Since this is on a thread about a pastor friend who said Moore dated young girls because of their "purity," and that it is the word of someone trying to help his cause, your parallel of the Salem witch trials is ludicrous.

There is ample evidence that Moore was, at the very least, a creepy 30 something year old with a penchant for seeing out girls half his age.

I still don't understand the emotional need some of you have to defend his creepiness and accuse others who see that his behavior was creepy, including the bonkers accusations of lynch mobs and witch trials.

You are FAR too emotionally invested in this politician, fellas, and your hyperbolic accusations make you look demented.....
I’m sure 90% of the people in this country has things in their closet that they might regret 40 years later. If we held everyone to Puritan standards, there would be no one left to govern this country. As for evidence that he did anything illegal, there is none. As such he is innocent until proven guilty in my book.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline roamer_1

I highly doubt you'd believe any "evidence" that doesn't support your feelings about this guy and his creepy need to seek out (multiple) girls half his age......

I think that quite the other way around.
Barring salacious gossip, there is no evidence he was being creepy at all. It looks to me like he was looking for a virgin bride, which is not uncommon in that generation, and should be the way it is today.

I find no particular fault in him courting younger girls with that intention - Courting, that is - Nor has it been proven to me that he limited himself to high school girls - That is an assumption built into the narrative - A narrative designed to paint him as such.

That he was courting young only makes sense, as in a small town, he would find little his own age 10 years late to the game...

Silver Pines

Because @CatherineofAragon is angry about it and if she is angry about something, we all need to be angry about it.

GD it man. A slack jawed yocal is going to be elected Senator by other slack jawed yocals! Don't you see the ramifications here? Next thing you know we'll be electing Mormons to the Senate!

@Frank Cannon

Oh, can it, Frank.  I believe in balance, and as long as most of the people here are defending a pervert, I'm going to keep going against the tide.  This isn't groupthink TOS, as much as y'all might want it to be. And if you're really too much of a snowflake to take it, I might double down and get even more obnoxious.

Silver Pines

Just one with evidence.

@roamer_1

Like Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick....and recently, Harvey Weinstein and Conyers?

I doubt there were any such demands concerning the former, and I don't recall a single one regarding the latter.

Silver Pines

So men's needs are now creepy if there aren't any dateable women your age. Thank you for revealing yourselves.

Screw this board and its misandry. I'm out. If you can't understand the truth, to Hell with you all.

@jmyrlefuller

I thought women were supposed to be the emotional ones.  I keep being proven wrong.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I’m sure 90% of the people in this country has things in their closet that they might regret 40 years later. If we held everyone to Puritan standards, there would be no one left to govern this country.

Probably - and a good deal of those people know those things would likely register as disqualifiers with many voters.  We don’t need puritanical standards, but can we at least try to stop the bar from sinking further?  Is it sensible to ask for better and not settle for less?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote an essay decades ago called Defining Deviancy Down.. Hillary Clinton ended up filling his seat.  Man, was he ever prescient.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

Like Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick....and recently, Harvey Weinstein and Conyers?

I doubt there were any such demands concerning the former, and I don't recall a single one regarding the latter.

@CatherineofAragon
Wrt Paula Jones, she is an admitted adulteress, and on her own.

ALL of the men above had incidents in their history, as has Trump. That they are cads is in the record - you won't find me defending any of the above.

This knee-jerk response that the woman must be summarily believed is nonsense, lest you should also throw Cruz out for the breathless allegations made against him. And Clarence Thomas.

Where there's smoke, there's fire alright, unless it's a smoke machine. Which brings us right the way around, back to hard evidence. In the case of Broderick, whom I believed, There was no evidence - nothing can be done (sorry, too bad) - It was the blue dress that brought Clinton down.

Go find a blue dress and I'll throw Moore out in a minute. How does a guy, pre-pill (for sure pre-pill for teens), have relations with multiple teens, and not have at least one bastard child? Find me a bastard child.

Until that point, he has conducted himself with honor his whole life long, and by me, that honor will stand. Evidence. Incontrovertible. You've got *none*.

Silver Pines

@roamer_1

Wrt Paula Jones, she is an admitted adulteress, and on her own.

So whatever happens between a man and a woman in their marriage means the woman deserves sexual abuse from someone later on.  Got it, thanks.

ALL of the men above had incidents in their history, as has Trump. That they are cads is in the record - you won't find me defending any of the above.

You're denying Moore's history, but that doesn't affect its relevance. 

This knee-jerk response that the woman must be summarily believed is nonsense, lest you should also throw Cruz out for the breathless allegations made against him. And Clarence Thomas.

We went over these comparisons days ago.  They don't wash.

I've also stated to you. over and over, my initial position concerning Moore, but you continue to ignore it and cast false witness.  Whatever, I'll let you continue.

Where there's smoke, there's fire alright, unless it's a smoke machine. Which brings us right the way around, back to hard evidence. In the case of Broderick, whom I believed, There was no evidence - nothing can be done (sorry, too bad) - It was the blue dress that brought Clinton down.

Weinstein and Conyers have no tangible evidence against them, but you accept their histories just fine.

Go find a blue dress and I'll throw Moore out in a minute. How does a guy, pre-pill (for sure pre-pill for teens), have relations with multiple teens, and not have at least one bastard child? Find me a bastard child.

Where are Conyers' and Weinstein's blue dresses and bastard children?

Until that point, he has conducted himself with honor his whole life long, and by me, that honor will stand. Evidence. Incontrovertible. You've got *none*.

He hasn't even conducted himself with honor financially, and that's hard fact. 

This comes down to a couple of things, regretfully....women should be summarily disbelieved, and Moore has an R behind his name.

Silver Pines

Probably - and a good deal of those people know those things would likely register as disqualifiers with many voters.  We don’t need puritanical standards, but can we at least try to stop the bar from sinking further?  Is it sensible to ask for better and not settle for less?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote an essay decades ago called Defining Deviancy Down.. Hillary Clinton ended up filling his seat.  Man, was he ever prescient.

@edpc

I'm thinking of getting How the Right Lost Its Mind by Charlie Sykes.

Offline musiclady

I think that quite the other way around.
Barring salacious gossip, there is no evidence he was being creepy at all. It looks to me like he was looking for a virgin bride, which is not uncommon in that generation, and should be the way it is today.

I find no particular fault in him courting younger girls with that intention - Courting, that is - Nor has it been proven to me that he limited himself to high school girls - That is an assumption built into the narrative - A narrative designed to paint him as such.

That he was courting young only makes sense, as in a small town, he would find little his own age 10 years late to the game...

Excuse me????  "THAT" generation is MY generation, and contrary to leftist propaganda, there were LOTS of older "virgins" out there in the 1970's and 80's.  You didn't need to go the High School Prom to find them.

I'm not looking at "narratives"........... I'm looking at both sides of the story, and not holding my hands over my eyes because I don't like one side or the other.

What this pastor said in Moore's defense is damning, and I say that as a Christian who believes in moral purity.

One thing that's consistently missing in YOUR narrative, btw, is the fact that Christian women are also looking for MEN who are virgins.  The narrative of an experienced man deflowering a virgin on their wedding night may sit well with you guys, but it doesn't sit well with Christian women who expect moral behavior from BOTH genders.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

@jmyrlefuller

I thought women were supposed to be the emotional ones.  I keep being proven wrong.

Indeed.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Misandry?? ROFLOL!!

Expecting both men and women to be moral with high standards of behavior isn't prejudice against men, myrle.

No one is saying your looking for a good woman is a problem.

NO one.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@edpc

I'm thinking of getting How the Right Lost Its Mind by Charlie Sykes.

Once again I'm reminded of TOS and the large number of "conservatives" who felt that women should be forced into prostitution rather than taking welfare.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

... What this pastor said in Moore's defense is damning, and I say that as a Christian who believes in moral purity.

One thing that's consistently missing in [YOUR] narrative, btw, is the fact that Christian women are also looking for MEN who are virgins.  The narrative of an experienced man deflowering a virgin on their wedding night may sit well with you guys, but it doesn't sit well with Christian women who expect moral behavior from BOTH genders.

*****rollingeyes*****

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Because @CatherineofAragon is angry about it and if she is angry about something, we all need to be angry about it.

GD it man. A slack jawed yocal is going to be elected Senator by other slack jawed yocals! Don't you see the ramifications here? Next thing you know we'll be electing Mormons to the Senate!

uh huh

You do know I am a registered member of the Mormon Church? One of our Senators is Mormon. I haven't met him before. But I do know his wife. Been in their house several times. He seems to be out of town quite a bit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

So whatever happens between a man and a woman in their marriage means the woman deserves sexual abuse from someone later on.  Got it, thanks.

@CatherineofAragon
No, but an admitted adulteress is without honor, and in that, is not to be believed - Or not to be believed as easily as a woman of honor. So in the context of her relevance in the context of the narrative, I paid her no mind.

You're denying Moore's history, but that doesn't affect its relevance. 

There is no history. *none*

I've also stated to you. over and over, my initial position concerning Moore, but you continue to ignore it and cast false witness.  Whatever, I'll let you continue.

If you feel I've accused you directly, I assure you it was unintended.

Weinstein and Conyers have no tangible evidence against them, but you accept their histories just fine.

Both have settled suits on the record - That they weren't reported or were under-reported does not change the record.

Where are Conyers' and Weinstein's blue dresses and bastard children?

Like I said, settled law suites relating to sexual harassment/abuse. While it may not prove, it does show a pattern IN THE RECORD. And it is all incidental, as neither is honorable, to include Clinton and Tump as well. Men lacking honor are not comparable to men of honor, and I have no need to defend them in the least - and will not. Like Paula Jones, they are on their own.

He hasn't even conducted himself with honor financially, and that's hard fact. 

No, it is not.

This comes down to a couple of things, regretfully....women should be summarily disbelieved, and Moore has an R behind his name.

Oh bullshit.
EVERYONE should be summarily disbelieved without evidence. Innocent until proven guilty. Proof requires evidence.
What lends credence to a person, man or woman, in the light of accusations without evidence, is character. What lends credence is keeping their word. Moore has that in spades, across decades. Accusations against him are extraordinary according to his character, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

And I am, as the record plainly shows, vociferously and vehemently anti-Republican - so as to that particular accusation - That dog won't hunt.

I am Conservative, and in that I find character and honor to be paramount - That is why I stand to defend honor, and why I will stand with Roy Moore. If an honorable man is not to be defended, then neither is an honorable woman. Be careful.

Offline roamer_1

Excuse me????  "THAT" generation is MY generation, and contrary to leftist propaganda, there were LOTS of older "virgins" out there in the 1970's and 80's.  You didn't need to go the High School Prom to find them.

That is not true in a small town. @Smokin Joe has likewise opined, and I will stand right with him. What he has said, over and over again, is what I see as true, and what I know in my life. Even in my day (I'm 55), even with college being fairly normative with women, most everyone is married up by 25 and having babies.

I'm not looking at "narratives"........... I'm looking at both sides of the story, and not holding my hands over my eyes because I don't like one side or the other.

Oh me too, with the exception that I'll take the man at his word, because he has shown himself good to his word his life long. Maybe it's a Western thing, but men are judged according to how they keep their word. It goes a long, long way.

What this pastor said in Moore's defense is damning, and I say that as a Christian who believes in moral purity.

As a Christian, I don't see it.

One thing that's consistently missing in YOUR narrative, btw, is the fact that Christian women are also looking for MEN who are virgins.  The narrative of an experienced man deflowering a virgin on their wedding night may sit well with you guys, but it doesn't sit well with Christian women who expect moral behavior from BOTH genders.

I think that's right - I don't know why you would think otherwise from me. Not that I can claim it myself - I have oft admitted the road I went down with regret. But my brother married very late and remained virgin, and I am mighty proud of him for it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am not a mormon.
But, I respect them.

The Mormon Christmas festival is spectacular.
I wouldn't miss it.

It is, unbelievable.   
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

I'm going to step in and defend @roamer_1 here.  Not that he needs me to, but because in my experience on the forum with him I find him completely above the board and a fair and decent person.  I have never seen him fly off the handle and have only ever seen thoughtful and reasoned responses to serious comments and issues.

@musiclady You may not have mean it this way, but I read your comment to imply that you find @roamer_1 guilty of being as creepy as you think Judge Moore is, and I think that exceedingly unfair and inaccurate.

I don't have a problem with @roamer_1 - just his argument.   

I've seen the boys on this forum talk about how there were two types of girls out there, only one of which was suitable for marriage, but the other of which would satisfy their desire to "get laid." (Their words, not mine).

I've seen lots of support of Moore for wanting a "pure" girl, but no recognition that the same argument doesn't apply to the men themselves.

I'm not accusing any one man of anything, because frankly, it's none of my business, and I don't know who's done what anyway.  But when people start arguing that the virginity of a girl (these were not women) is an excuse for an older man to troll places for teenagers, with no serious discussion of the fact that the same expectation does not exist for the men (in fact, the expectation is that boys will be boys, but girls must behave), then I have a problem.

It may not have been what was intended, but that's how this argument is coming across.  Moore's OK to expect purity, but no one should expect purity from him.

There is no Scriptural command for women to be pure while excusing boys for just meeting their needs.

(Sorry........... the double standard is a long time pet peeve of mine).

Offline roamer_1

uh huh

You do know I am a registered member of the Mormon Church? One of our Senators is Mormon. I haven't met him before. But I do know his wife. Been in their house several times. He seems to be out of town quite a bit.

Better be careful what you're saying around here... Folks might think you're confessing to stepping out with the woman.
 *****rollingeyes***** :whistle:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

That is not true in a small town. @Smokin Joe has likewise opined, and I will stand right with him. What he has said, over and over again, is what I see as true, and what I know in my life. Even in my day (I'm 55), even with college being fairly normative with women, most everyone is married up by 25 and having babies.

Oh me too, with the exception that I'll take the man at his word, because he has shown himself good to his word his life long. Maybe it's a Western thing, but men are judged according to how they keep their word. It goes a long, long way.

As a Christian, I don't see it.

I think that's right - I don't know why you would think otherwise from me. Not that I can claim it myself - I have oft admitted the road I went down with regret. But my brother married very late and remained virgin, and I am mighty proud of him for it.

As I said in the post above, I have NO problem with you, and know you to be one of the good guys around here.  (I also believe in the forgiveness of sin through the blood of Jesus Christ for all of us who confess...... both you and ME).

What I am trying to clarify here is, in the vociferous defense of Moore's behavior as right and good, and nothing to be concerned about, the narrative you are implying is that he should be able to expect virginity from a woman (or girl, in the case of a teenager), without the same expectation for him.

I read many posts that are written and don't comment on them, but the double standard for men's behavior and women's is a pretty common theme, and it's coming through loud and clear from those who are so staunchly defending Moore.

I will repeat.......... this pastor has damned Moore with his attempt to defend him.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...