Author Topic: Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'  (Read 33224 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
@roamer_1

Well, but you were going to the movies and to eat.  We have to be clear, that is not what Moore was there for.   Accounts from those who worked with him and from those who worked at the mall confirm that he went there not to do those things, but to troll for young girls and to bother them.  He was known as a guy who didn't have a normal social life. 

I have to say, I live in a very small rural town, and I don't know of single people who go to recitals or school concerts for entertainment.  I just never heard of anyone who does that.  Those things are attended by parents who have kids in the recitals and concerts, and their relatives.  Singles and marrieds just drive elsewhere for stuff to do.
@CatherineofAragon

:beer:

I have a passel of young great nieces and if it were not for the fact that I was their great aunt and was invited by them to come to their various school concerts and dance recitals and school talent shows, their girl scout programs, church recitals and them wanting, asking me to come to watch them perform, believe me, I’d much rather be just about anywhere else. 

Not that I don’t enjoy watching the little kids or even the high schoolers in band trying desperately to carry a tune or keep a beat, the 3rd and 4th grade choirs trying to sing yet another rendition of “Let It Go” from Frozen or “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana (and as God as my witness, if I never have to hear either of those songs, I’ll be eternally grateful), but it’s not really my idea of entertainment. I love supporting my great nieces’ efforts and praising my love and encouragement on them, but I wouldn’t be doing that for complete stranger’s kids.

I cannot imagine that as an adult that I would go to that sort of thing without having a family obligation to do so.

I currently live in a very small town in central PA. But as rural and as small town as it is, there are still plenty of more adult entertainment, in the arts, to be found without resorting to going to middle school or high school dance recitals.

In my little rural town there is a group called “Shakespeare In the Barn”, They perform several Shakespeare plays every year, local talent and are actually quite good based on the performance I saw last month.  There is also a consortium of local artists who put on free to the public art exhibitions, some of the art is so so, but some is really quite good, some very good.

I don’t live all that far from either York, Lancaster and Hershey, PA, none of them very large cities, but where there is a burgeoning and vibrant arts and music scene and I’m not all that far a drive from either Philly or Baltimore or even DC if I want to see a professional ballet or a symphony or opera if I so desire. Even in York, PA there are several venues that have nationally known musical groups and Broadway shows and such performing on a regular basis

Gadsden is likewise not all that far a drive to Birmingham, Huntsville or Atlanta or even Nashville where I understand have music and arts venues that have adult performers, not just high school age girls.

You can’t tell me that a single man in his late 20’s or early 30’s even in Gadsden AL has nowhere else to go other than to a High School dance recitals for entertainment.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Silver Pines

Because there has not been one shred of credible evidence or corroborated stories in a country wher we are supposed presume innocence until proven guilty.  Where there really witches in Salem, Mass?

@RetBobbyMI

Not applicable.  The Salem women accused of being witches were subjected to trial.  As has been pointed out a thousand times, "guilty until innocent" applies only in a court of law.  Moore is just some politician who wants higher office; he isn't on trial in court.  Therefore we're free to conclude as we wish.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In a small town like Gadsden, there just isn't much to do. I was once in a small town with nothing to do, I decided to visit my old high school and a volleyball game was going on and I watched it.  There is a possibility that one might go to attractions like this though I would shy away from a dance recital generally speaking, people do go to sporting events.

Offline RetBobbyMI

@RetBobbyMI

Not applicable.  The Salem women accused of being witches were subjected to trial.  As has been pointed out a thousand times, "guilty until innocent" applies only in a court of law.  Moore is just some politician who wants higher office; he isn't on trial in court.  Therefore we're free to conclude as we wish.
Yes there was kangaroos trials. Anyone who stood up for someone accused of witchcraft was also accused by the court. Put yourself in Moore’s shoes. If you were accused without any substantial evidence, what would you do?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Whether you believe in witchcraft or not, the point made is that in Salem, Mass, most were guilty by accusation in that Puritan society. Are we that same Puritan society today?

Interesting analogy. The Puritans were known for their religious strictness and removing the Catholic influences. Which, I suppose, could mean the Catholic predilection for young boys. And then this pastor attempts the excuse that Moore was attracted to younger women/girls for the Purity. Which, in my mind, is far from pure, as a motivation.

Why not have Sessions retake the position? Sessions sucks at AG.

This is Moore about optics in the 2018's than anything else. Maybe it will get Stranger before it ends.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

:beer:

I have a passel of young great nieces and if it were not for the fact that I was their great aunt and was invited by them to come to their various school concerts and dance recitals and school talent shows, their girl scout programs, church recitals and them wanting, asking me to come to watch them perform, believe me, I’d much rather be just about anywhere else. 

Not that I don’t enjoy watching the little kids or even the high schoolers in band trying desperately to carry a tune or keep a beat, the 3rd and 4th grade choirs trying to sing yet another rendition of “Let It Go” from Frozen or “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana (and as God as my witness, if I never have to hear either of those songs, I’ll be eternally grateful), but it’s not really my idea of entertainment. I love supporting my great nieces’ efforts and praising my love and encouragement on them, but I wouldn’t be doing that for complete stranger’s kids.

I cannot imagine that as an adult that I would go to that sort of thing without having a family obligation to do so.

I currently live in a very small town in central PA. But as rural and as small town as it is, there are still plenty of more adult entertainment, in the arts, to be found without resorting to going to middle school or high school dance recitals.

In my little rural town there is a group called “Shakespeare In the Barn”, They perform several Shakespeare plays every year, local talent and are actually quite good based on the performance I saw last month.  There is also a consortium of local artists who put on free to the public art exhibitions, some of the art is so so, but some is really quite good, some very good.

I don’t live all that far from either York, Lancaster and Hershey, PA, none of them very large cities, but where there is a burgeoning and vibrant arts and music scene and I’m not all that far a drive from either Philly or Baltimore or even DC if I want to see a professional ballet or a symphony or opera if I so desire. Even in York, PA there are several venues that have nationally known musical groups and Broadway shows and such performing on a regular basis

Gadsden is likewise not all that far a drive to Birmingham, Huntsville or Atlanta or even Nashville where I understand have music and arts venues that have adult performers, not just high school age girls.

You can’t tell me that a single man in his late 20’s or early 30’s even in Gadsden AL has nowhere else to go other than to a High School dance recitals for entertainment.

@Neverdul

I have a friend in New Jersey who has three daughters in Catholic school.  There's always some kind of performance or event happening.  She adores her daughters with ever fiber of her being, but she groans when another thing to attend comes around. 

Your situation sounds very similar to mine.  My little rural redneck village, which doesn't exist on many maps,  has a thriving winery, and they often have something interesting going on.  They had a bunch of rock bands play for Labor Day.

I can drive to Appomattox for the historical sites, or to Lynchburg, which has Thomas Jefferson's summer home.  There's a bunch of other things in Lburg...a symphony, a ballet, walking trails down by the river, a couple of small museums, art festivals, several parks.  Liberty University even has a fake-snow skiing facility which is open to the public.  And of course there's always just dinner and a movie.

Shakespeare in the Barn sounds very interesting!

Silver Pines

Yes there was kangaroos trials. Anyone who stood up for someone accused of witchcraft was also accused by the court. Put yourself in Moore’s shoes. If you were accused without any substantial evidence, what would you do?

@RetBobbyMI

I'm not talking about the circumstances of the witch trials.  I'm saying at that point witchcraft was a capital offense, and the women were tried according to the law.  In court.

Moore is not in court.  He is not being tried according to the law.  He is a politician, being tried in the court of public opinion.  There is no comparison.

How many times does this have to be repeated?  Do you really not get it?

Offline RetBobbyMI

@Neverdul

I have a friend in New Jersey who has three daughters in Catholic school.  There's always some kind of performance or event happening.  She adores her daughters with ever fiber of her being, but she groans when another thing to attend comes around. 

Your situation sounds very similar to mine.  My little rural redneck village, which doesn't exist on many maps,  has a thriving winery, and they often have something interesting going on.  They had a bunch of rock bands play for Labor Day.

I can drive to Appomattox for the historical sites, or to Lynchburg, which has Thomas Jefferson's summer home.  There's a bunch of other things in Lburg...a symphony, a ballet, walking trails down by the river, a couple of small museums, art festivals, several parks.  Liberty University even has a fake-snow skiing facility which is open to the public.  And of course there's always just dinner and a movie.

Shakespeare in the Barn sounds very interesting!
You could even visit monuments to RE Lee, if they haven’t already been removed by this make excuses for someone else society.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

@RetBobbyMI

I'm not talking about the circumstances of the witch trials.  I'm saying at that point witchcraft was a capital offense, and the women were tried according to the law.  In court.

Moore is not in court.  He is not being tried according to the law.  He is a politician, being tried in the court of public opinion.  There is no comparison.

How many times does this have to be repeated?  Do you really not get it?
Trying and convicting people outside a court of law is usually considered a Lynch mob.

Silver Pines

You could even visit monuments to RE Lee, if they haven’t already been removed by this make excuses for someone else society.

@RetBobbyMI

Appomattox is more about the reunification of the nation.  You can visit the courthouse where the truce was signed and that kind of thing.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@RetBobbyMI

Appomattox is more about the reunification of the nation.  You can visit the courthouse where the truce was signed and that kind of thing.

Like you would visit a courthouse voluntarily. Sayyy...how is the house arrest going?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

Trying and convicting people outside a court of law is usually considered a Lynch mob.

@RetBobbyMI

You're being deliberately obtuse.

Deciding on a man's fitness for higher office is not a "lynch mob" and you know it.   The question isn't whether he's going to be hanged, it's whether he'll be sent home or to Washington.  Stop with the drama.

Offline RetBobbyMI

@RetBobbyMI

Interesting choice of words: reunification and truce.

Reunification sounds like what the Northerners wanted.

Truce, in light of the growing federalism mentality since the war of aggression, could prove appropriate.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Soooo....if Moore gets elected he is in until 2020. Just another politician in Washington with questionable ethics. Yawn. I don't really get the drama HERE.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Soooo....if Moore gets elected he is in until 2020. Just another politician in Washington with questionable ethics. Yawn. I don't really get the drama HERE.
Long enough to help get more conservative constitutionalist judges on the Federal bench.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Long enough to help get more conservative constitutionalist judges on the Federal bench.

Trump is doing just that. I think I read he has placed more judges in a shorter amount of time.

Silver Pines

Like you would visit a courthouse voluntarily. Sayyy...how is the house arrest going?

@bigheadfred

Why do y'all keep trying to get me in trouble?  I told you, my attorney said I can't comment.

Stop trying to trip me up!

Silver Pines

Interesting choice of words: reunification and truce.

Reunification sounds like what the Northerners wanted.

Truce, in light of the growing federalism mentality since the war of aggression, could prove appropriate.

LORD JESUS GIVE ME PATIENCE, LOL

Offline Frank Cannon

Because @CatherineofAragon is angry about it and if she is angry about something, we all need to be angry about it.

GD it man. A slack jawed yocal is going to be elected Senator by other slack jawed yocals! Don't you see the ramifications here? Next thing you know we'll be electing Mormons to the Senate!

Offline roamer_1

We have to be clear, that is not what Moore was there for.   Accounts from those who worked with him and from those who worked at the mall confirm that he went there not to do those things, but to troll for young girls and to bother them.  He was known as a guy who didn't have a normal social life. 

@CatherineofAragon
I don't think we have ANY clear reason why Moore was there, or if he was there at all. The people who would know dispute the things you are saying.

I have to say, I live in a very small rural town, and I don't know of single people who go to recitals or school concerts for entertainment.  I just never heard of anyone who does that.  Those things are attended by parents who have kids in the recitals and concerts, and their relatives.  Singles and marrieds just drive elsewhere for stuff to do.

Then you have an elsewhere to drive to. Closest elsewhere to right here is Missoula, 150 miles away.

It is less than it was in my day - the sporting events still rock the house, but the young crowd ain't showing up to as much as we did - There is more to do here now than in my day. Part of that is cultural change too - The rebellion culture is overtaking the country youth at last.

Even in my day (and my life) there were two cultures - one on the wrong side of the tracks, and one on the other. And I took my cues from the environment, whichever one I happened to be in at the time... Thus my objection wrt courting vs dating. I have done both, and I know the natural end of both, and in my very honest opinion, to paint courting with the expectations of dating is nothing short of heretical. That conservative, even country folks equate the two is appalling to me.

But to the point, NOW, you are right. The kids go off an do their thing, and there are fewer and fewer socials, be it farm or church. It still does happen, though nowhere near as much. It is one of the things I have always been proud of about the country - A hoedown will have kids and old folks and folks of all ages. Heck even at the mud pit, special accommodations had to be made to give kids a safe place, because there were too many to keep track of.

And I hate that it's passing. I like songs that everyone can sing. I like events that everyone can do. A family atmosphere makes for a healthy party, and folks tend not to go too far.

Offline roamer_1

Anyone who goes to a recital for entertainment is an idiot.  There isn't anything more boring, other than a Middle School band concert.

And you can trust me on that............ I've been to a zillion of each!

You'd be right - And I have likewise been to many (of each), and junior high sports events too, to include girls volleyball. The point is to cheer em on, not your own entertainment. But I'll tell you what, it turns out that I normally have more fun at such things than I do sitting on my stump at home watching the TV.

Offline roamer_1

How many hundreds of accusations do there have to be before you have a single doubt that he just may be guilty?

Just one with evidence.

Offline musiclady

Because there has not been one shred of credible evidence or corroborated stories in a country wher we are supposed presume innocence until proven guilty.  Where there really witches in Salem, Mass?

Since this is on a thread about a pastor friend who said Moore dated young girls because of their "purity," and that it is the word of someone trying to help his cause, your parallel of the Salem witch trials is ludicrous.

There is ample evidence that Moore was, at the very least, a creepy 30 something year old with a penchant for seeing out girls half his age.

I still don't understand the emotional need some of you have to defend his creepiness and accuse others who see that his behavior was creepy, including the bonkers accusations of lynch mobs and witch trials.

You are FAR too emotionally invested in this politician, fellas, and your hyperbolic accusations make you look demented.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Just one with evidence.

I highly doubt you'd believe any "evidence" that doesn't support your feelings about this guy and his creepy need to seek out (multiple) girls half his age......
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:12:39 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Because @CatherineofAragon is angry about it and if she is angry about something, we all need to be angry about it.

GD it man. A slack jawed yocal is going to be elected Senator by other slack jawed yocals! Don't you see the ramifications here? Next thing you know we'll be electing Mormons to the Senate!
God forbid they aren’t Seveth Day Adventists.