Author Topic: Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'  (Read 32978 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't know what the answer here is @edpc. The pastor's excuse is inexcusable, IMO. But I don't know the truth of the matter.

It is my stated opinion that proven intentional sexual abuse of a child should carry an automatic death sentence. Sooner than later.

As with anything, circumstances vary, case by case.

Someone I know was raped at thirteen. There was some type of military intervention as an out for him. But in a couple of years he was back and she had to endure the sight of him. Really small town. Her dad had gone after him with a gun but the police (and military) intervened. I think they should have lett her her dad shoot the SOB.

My brother worked part-time at a country store for a while. Her son, who I met later, had picked up a girl in a bar, had sex. Turns out she was only 15 at the time. Her parents found out about it. He did 15 years for rape. I met him a few years back, after he was out. Not long after I met him he hung himself.

I also know a woman who married a guy 20 years her senior. But she was in her 20's. Very abusive relationship. It ended badly for him. @Smokin Joe knows why. We found out later her stepfather and stepson had been sexually abusing her when she was young. So is she so damaged she has to be in an abusive relationship?

Like I said, I don't know what the answer here is. Making up excuses (the pastor) isn't one of them. IMO.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

Despite enjoying these little sidebars, what is the purpose of taking the thread off topic over Jerry Lee Lewis, anyway, unless you are just trying to call people child molesters or put words in their mouth saying they approve of something they don't? That would be lowlife horseshit, though, and I don't think you would do that, so I feel compelled to ask.

I guess you don't like the comments his 'child bride' made about those being different times, just as the 1970s were different from today..

@Smokin Joe

Hell, people need to grow a thicker skin.  Since I started bucking the old boys’ network here about Moore, I’ve been accused of being a congenital liar, a person who’s only voted for Democrats, posing for Penthouse, and having serious daddy issues.  I’m still here and kicking, and I’m one of those weak feminine creatures.

Just to clarify, Joe...in your previous post, you weren’t justifying cousin marriage, were you?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Smokin Joe

Hell, people need to grow a thicker skin.  Since I started bucking the old boys’ network here about Moore, I’ve been accused of being a congenital liar, a person who’s only voted for Democrats, posing for Penthouse, and having serious daddy issues.  I’m still here and kicking, and I’m one of those weak feminine creatures.

Just to clarify, Joe...in your previous post, you weren’t justifying cousin marriage, were you?

You posed for Penthouse? I'll take back those things I said about you shopping at Target if you send me a copy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

I have answered your questions, just not to your satisfaction, because the answers are not what you want to hear.

There are no 14 year olds here. Corfman and Young's stories are blown to bits. You nevertheless persist because Moore is a proxy of your rage against Trump.

@Free Vulcan

The only way a person could believe their stories have been discredited is if said person is getting his news from Breitbart or Gateway Pundit, or by extension, TOS.  It simply has not happened.

Why are you so emotional and angry, yet accusing me of rage?  See, dude, your feelings come through in your post.  You believe that politics is so important that you’re willing to overlook the worst immorality so you can get that politician in there to save you.

Me?  I believe there are many things more important than politics.  For me to harbor “rage” for Trump, I’d have to be a lot more emotionally wrapped up in the process, because rage is a very strong reaction.

Oh, sure, I think he’s a jerk.  That doesn’t equate to “rage”.  Your attempt to equate it is just more emotionalism on your part... and casting around trying to come up with reasons to excuse Moore.

Silver Pines

You posed for Penthouse? I'll take back those things I said about you shopping at Target if you send me a copy.

@bigheadfred

TARGET RULES

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Free Vulcan

The only way a person could believe their stories have been discredited is if said person is getting his news from Breitbart or Gateway Pundit, or by extension, TOS.  It simply has not happened.

Why are you so emotional and angry, yet accusing me of rage?  See, dude, your feelings come through in your post.  You believe that politics is so important that you’re willing to overlook the worst immorality so you can get that politician in there to save you.

Me?  I believe there are many things more important than politics.  For me to harbor “rage” for Trump, I’d have to be a lot more emotionally wrapped up in the process, because rage is a very strong reaction.

Oh, sure, I think he’s a jerk.  That doesn’t equate to “rage”.  Your attempt to equate it is just more emotionalism on your part... and casting around trying to come up with reasons to excuse Moore.

@CatherineofAragon

Honest question for you and I'll do it without exclamation marks.

Have you ever once considered the possibility that those stories are only in places like Breitbart because ALL of the other "more reputable" news organizations refuse to even speak to anyone who does not further the agenda?  Is that even a possibility in your world?  I am really curious about that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

Is that a yes or a no?

@bigheadfred

I heard you guys like mystery, so....

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Honest question for you and I'll do it without exclamation marks.

Have you ever once considered the possibility that those stories are only in places like Breitbart because ALL of the other "more reputable" news organizations refuse to even speak to anyone who does not further the agenda?  Is that even a possibility in your world?  I am really curious about that.

@Bigun

No.  Because more reputable, when comparing them with other sources, shouldn’t have quotes.

Come on, did you think they were worth paying attention to during the primaries and the election?  They were jokes then and they’re jokes now. 

There’s a reason the loons at TOS use them as primary sources.  Or, I don’t know, maybe we’re doing a 180 on TOS, too? 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

No.  Because more reputable, when comparing them with other sources, shouldn’t have quotes.

Come on, did you think they were worth paying attention to during the primaries and the election?  They were jokes then and they’re jokes now. 

There’s a reason the loons at TOS use them as primary sources.  Or, I don’t know, maybe we’re doing a 180 on TOS, too?

I'm sorry, but you are sorely naïve as to how the game of politics is played but I do thank you for the honest answer. 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

I heard you guys like mystery, so....

YES!
It is a YES!

I'll be able to solve the mystery as to why they let you pose....

Silver Pines

I'm sorry, but you are sorely naïve as to how the game of politics is played but I do thank you for the honest answer.

@Bigun

Oh, utter and complete BS.  I know you like to portray yourself as the longtime Republican operative of Granny Gulch or wherever, but that response was just a naked attempt to deflect without responding to a single one of my points.

Screw politics if it means I have to justify deviant behavior.  You do you.

Silver Pines

YES!
It is a YES!

I'll be able to solve the mystery as to why they let you pose....

@bigheadfred

*backspace  backspace  backspace*

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Bigun

Oh, utter and complete BS.  I know you like to portray yourself as the longtime Republican operative of Granny Gulch or wherever, but that response was just a naked attempt to deflect without responding to a single one of my points.

Interesting term choice.  :whistle:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Sorry dear. But in the case of Roy Moore you don't KNOW that any deviant behavior has occurred. You only know that some women have ALLEDGED it to have occurred and that is all you need so you run with it.  I will not fall in behind you today or ever.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

All y'all don't live in a small town I guess. If you ain't in the party crowd, recitals, and high school choir and football games, and church socials, grange hall dances, farm dances... that sort of thing... That's where everybody goes. Because it's something to do.

If you're in the rowdy crowd, bars, keggers, the mud hole, or the stock car track... That's about it.

O_M_G he was at the mall!!! Well, duh. Everybody is at the mall. Especially in the winter. Hell, I went to the mall for lunch for years when I was in town, because of the food court and the folks. One of the two ice cream shops was in there too, and the only one open late - So it wasn't uncommon to be there after the movies either.

I guess I was a perv cruising for teenage girls too.  *****rollingeyes*****

bullshit.

@roamer_1

Well, but you were going to the movies and to eat.  We have to be clear, that is not what Moore was there for.   Accounts from those who worked with him and from those who worked at the mall confirm that he went there not to do those things, but to troll for young girls and to bother them.  He was known as a guy who didn't have a normal social life. 

I have to say, I live in a very small rural town, and I don't know of single people who go to recitals or school concerts for entertainment.  I just never heard of anyone who does that.  Those things are attended by parents who have kids in the recitals and concerts, and their relatives.  Singles and marrieds just drive elsewhere for stuff to do.

Offline RetBobbyMI

@roamer_1

Well, but you were going to the movies and to eat.  We have to be clear, that is not what Moore was there for.   Accounts from those who worked with him and from those who worked at the mall confirm that he went there not to do those things, but to troll for young girls and to bother them.  He was known as a guy who didn't have a normal social life. 

I have to say, I live in a very small rural town, and I don't know of single people who go to recitals or school concerts for entertainment.  I just never heard of anyone who does that.  Those things are attended by parents who have kids in the recitals and concerts, and their relatives.  Singles and marrieds just drive elsewhere for stuff to do.
In other words by interpretation, Roy Moore is guilty by accusation until proven innocent?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline musiclady

@roamer_1

Anyone who goes to a recital for entertainment is an idiot.  There isn't anything more boring, other than a Middle School band concert.

And you can trust me on that............ I've been to a zillion of each! 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

In other words by interpretation, Roy Moore is guilty by accusation until proven innocent?

How many hundreds of accusations do there have to be before you have a single doubt that he just may be guilty?

I really would like to know how ANYONE is absolutely certain of his innocence with this many eyewitness accusers......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RetBobbyMI

How many hundreds of accusations do there have to be before you have a single doubt that he just may be guilty?

I really would like to know how ANYONE is absolutely certain of his innocence with this many eyewitness accusers......
Because there has not been one shred of credible evidence or corroborated stories in a country wher we are supposed presume innocence until proven guilty.  Where there really witches in Salem, Mass?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:47:23 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

No one is absolutely certain of much of anything other than Jesus's return.  I have however, watched this political movie many times previously and NEVER liked the outcome.  One or a thousand allegations do not constitute proof of anything in my book and especially so when they only appear at a critical time right before an election.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Because there has not been one shred of credible evidence or corroborated stories in a country wher we are supposed presume innocence until proven guilty.  Where there really witches in Salem, Mass?

Don't know about back then. There are now.

https://www.meetup.com/topics/witchcraft-coven/us/ma/salem/

Offline musiclady

No one is absolutely certain of much of anything other than Jesus's return.  I have however, watched this political movie many times previously and NEVER liked the outcome.  One or a thousand allegations do not constitute proof of anything in my book and especially so when they only appear at a critical time right before an election.

Nonetheless, you have admitted to not being certain that he is innocent.

NO one is certain.  Both sides should continue to be presented.

And NO one should be attacked personally because he or she falls on one side or the other....... or is seeing points on both sides.

You don't know that he's innocent.  You have chosen to believe that he's innocent.  Others have chosen to continue to listen to the accusers before deciding for certain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Don't know about back then. There are now.

https://www.meetup.com/topics/witchcraft-coven/us/ma/salem/
Whether you believe in witchcraft or not, the point made is that in Salem, Mass, most were guilty by accusation in that Puritan society. Are we that same Puritan society today?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:56:08 pm by RetBobbyMI »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nonetheless, you have admitted to not being certain that he is innocent.

NO one is certain.  Both sides should continue to be presented.

And NO one should be attacked personally because he or she falls on one side or the other....... or is seeing points on both sides.

You don't know that he's innocent.  You have chosen to believe that he's innocent.  Others have chosen to continue to listen to the accusers before deciding for certain.

I have no argument with any of that but I also know, from sad personal experience, that only ONE side is going to get any ink where the MSM is concerned.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/24/washington-post-reporter-caught-plotting-liberal-agenda-with-billionaire-george-soros.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:58:41 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien