Author Topic: Mulvaney tells CFPB to "disregard" instruction from Leandra English  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mulvaney tells CFPB to "disregard" instruction from Leandra English 
Axios, Nov 27, 2017, Erica Pandey

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney, named by President Trump as acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, sent a memo to the agency's staff Monday that read: "Please disregard any instructions you receive from Ms. English in her presumed capacity as Acting Director," Reuters reports. He also brought donuts.

The backdrop: The CFPB currently has two chiefs. Leandra English is former director Richard Cordray's pick to lead the agency, and she has sued the Trump administration over Mulvaney's appointment. Mulvaney told staffers to report any communications from English to the general counsel of the CFPB, who has said she believes Mulvaney has the authority of acting director.

https://www.axios.com/mulvaney-tells-cfpb-to-disregard-instruction-from-leandra-english-2512964321.html

Re: Mulvaney tells CFPB to "disregard" instruction from Leandra English
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 09:14:43 pm »
He also brought donuts.

88devil

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 09:26:05 pm »
Leandra English is former director Richard Cordray's pick.......

If I'm not mistaken, Cordray was an unconfirmed recess pick on an unconstitutional board.  How he has authority to do anything is beyond me.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:52:01 pm »
Leandra English is former director Richard Cordray's pick.......

If I'm not mistaken, Cordray was an unconfirmed recess pick on an unconstitutional board.  How he has authority to do anything is beyond me.

He was in January 2012.  He was fully confirmed by the weak kneed Senate on On July 16, 2013. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:53:00 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 01:22:53 am »
Mulvaney cracks down on CFPB as White House insists he's in control
Fox News, Nov 27, 2017, Barnini Chakraborty

White House budget boss Mick Mulvaney moved quickly Monday to rein in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, imposing a 30-day hiring freeze and other new rules as the fight over who’s really in charge of the agency heads to court.  Mulvaney, whom President Trump chose to run the CFPB on a temporary basis, has a history of bashing the bureau and has called it a “sad, sick” joke.

He didn’t back away from those assertions Monday afternoon, describing the CFPB as “an awful example of a bureaucracy that has gone wrong and is almost entirely unaccountable.”  ...

“I am just finding out about the powers I have as acting director and they would frighten most of you,” he said. “It’s frightening to think about how little oversight Congress has over me now as I am the director.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/27/mulvaney-cracks-down-on-cfpb-as-white-house-insists-hes-in-control.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 01:40:09 am »
Cordray was in charge, his orders could not be disputed by order of the Congress and signed by Obastard.  Cordray was confirmed by a majority vote of spineless Republicans.  His last order was to put his Deputy in charge.  Trump nominated a replacement temporary Director despite all this.

Trump loses this in the Courts until Cordray's replacement is confirmed.  That is how this will go.  To much applause.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 02:00:05 am »
Cordray was in charge, his orders could not be disputed by order of the Congress and signed by Obastard.  Cordray was confirmed by a majority vote of spineless Republicans.  His last order was to put his Deputy in charge.  Trump nominated a replacement temporary Director despite all this.

Trump loses this in the Courts until Cordray's replacement is confirmed.  That is how this will go.  To much applause.

Nope!  Can't overrule the Constitution!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 02:02:05 am »

But the President has 100% control over you and EVERY OTHER person employed in the executive department of this government!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 02:04:59 am »

... Trump loses this in the Courts until Cordray's replacement is confirmed.  That is how this will go. 

I think the jury's still out on this @Cyber Liberty   See here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,292445.0.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 02:06:30 am »
I think the jury's still out on this @Cyber Liberty   See here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,292445.0.html

I saw that.  Doesn't matter.  The Court in DeeCee is part of the swamp, and will find to maintain the swamp.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 02:07:29 am »
But the President has 100% control over you and EVERY OTHER person employed in the executive department of this government!

Except for this agency.  It's unique.  Just watch.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 03:16:33 am »
Cyber wrote:
"Except for this agency.  It's unique.  Just watch."

I expect that we'll "watch" it go all the way up to the Supreme Court, which will rule that the provision of the law that exempted this particular position from executive oversight is unconstitutional...

Offline Fantom

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 03:19:20 am »
88devil

Obliviously,  that is a dog whistle meanin' he had the Popo with him.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 03:26:21 am »
Cyber wrote:
"Except for this agency.  It's unique.  Just watch."

I expect that we'll "watch" it go all the way up to the Supreme Court, which will rule that the provision of the law that exempted this particular position from executive oversight is unconstitutional...

LOL.  Right. Has this gone the right way, even once?
I will NOT comply.