Author Topic: Trump Is Standing By Roy Moore: "We Don't Need A Liberal Democrat In That Seat"  (Read 2433 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
zerohedge
by Tyler Durden
Nov 21, 2017 3:57 PM

[excerpt]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-21/trump-standing-roy-moore-we-dont-need-liberal-democrat-seat

After refusing to discuss allegations that Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore had inappropriate sexual contact with nine women when they were still teenagers, President Donald Trump has for the first time spoken out about the controversy during a impromptu conference with a group of reporters just before he and his family departed Washington for the Thanksgiving holiday.

In a response that outraged at least one reporter who shouted questions about the girls' alleged age at the time after the president finished speaking, Trump suggested that he has taken Moore's denials at face value. And even if the allegations are true, the "Republican party doesn't need a liberal Democrat in that seat" Trump said.

[snip]

"I can tell you one thing for sure. We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat. I looked at his record he's terrible on crime terrible on borders," Trump added. "We don't need somebody who's soft on crime like Jones."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

After refusing to discuss allegations that Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore had inappropriate sexual contact with nine women when they were still teenagers,

Look at this bullcrap.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Judge Roy Moore Jumps to 33 POINT LEAD in PredictIt Market Following Trump Nod! 69-36 @MooreSenate https://t.co/AugxM32xwz— Jim Hoft (@gatewaypundit) November 21, 2017

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Moore ahead in home State Polls?

I have to believe the People of Roy Moore's home State are in a better position to make judgment calls on the man than the rest of us are, since this appears to be a Show Trial by Dems/GOPE.

Roy Moore has doubtless had more coverage in his own State and Local media over the last 40 years than he's gotten in the National Media.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Look at this bullcrap.

It seems that the headline writers of today are competing with each other to see which one can come up with the most outrageous lie!   **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump comes close to endorsing Roy Moore: 'We don't need a liberal Democrat in that seat'
by Sarah Westwood | Nov 21, 2017, 3:38 PM

President Trump broke his silence on Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore on Tuesday, telling reporters at the White House that a Democrat should not win the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions and offering his strongest support yet of the Republican nominee since women accused Moore of pursuing inappropriate relationships with underage teens.

"We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat — [Doug] Jones," Trump said of the Democratic candidate in the race as he left the White House on Tuesday for Mar-a-Lago, his Florida estate. "I've looked at his record. It's terrible on crime. It's terrible on the border. It's terrible on the military. I can tell you for a fact, we do not need somebody that's going to be bad on crime, bad on borders, bad with the military, bad for the Second Amendment."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-comes-close-to-endorsing-roy-moore-we-dont-need-a-liberal-democrat-in-that-seat/article/2641412
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Good.  I'm glad to see someone from the GOP standing by him; obviously Trump must have reason to believe him...or he realizes how exactly Mitch McConnell maneuvers.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Oceander

Also called damning with faint praise. 

Offline skeeter

Good.  I'm glad to see someone from the GOP standing by him; obviously Trump must have reason to believe him...or he realizes how exactly Mitch McConnell maneuvers.

Perhaps Trump understands that, contrary to the hysteria surrounding Moore's candidacy, the only thing anyone really knows for certain, the only thing he's admitted to, is dating underage girls 40 years ago; and if this country ever gets to the point where we start punishing people based on unproven, unsworn allegations Trump'll be the first to be run out on a rail.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:30:00 pm by skeeter »

Offline RoosGirl

Maybe he could tell the good people of Alabama to vote their conscience.   :laugh:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
.....or he realizes how exactly Mitch McConnell maneuvers.

Given the subject is sexual misconduct, that phrasing caused major gastric reflux.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

The previous post has been brought to you by Ted Cruz and @RoosGirl Productions, I approve.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

Judge Roy Moore Jumps to 33 POINT LEAD in PredictIt Market Following Trump Nod! 69-36 @MooreSenate https://t.co/AugxM32xwz— Jim Hoft (@gatewaypundit) November 21, 2017

Without the BOOM!, I can't take Hoft seriously.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline bilo

Moore ahead in home State Polls?

I have to believe the People of Roy Moore's home State are in a better position to make judgment calls on the man than the rest of us are, since this appears to be a Show Trial by Dems/GOPE.

Roy Moore has doubtless had more coverage in his own State and Local media over the last 40 years than he's gotten in the National Media.

:amen:

I'm tired of lynch mobs. If there were real facts it would have been known a long time ago, not 40 years later.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fantom

Perhaps Trump understands that, contrary to the hysteria surrounding Moore's candidacy, the only thing anyone really knows for certain, the only thing he's admitted to, is dating underage girls 40 years ago; and if this country ever gets to the point where we start punishing people based on unproven, unsworn allegations Trump'll be the first to be run out on a rail.

Fairly certain, all the women were of legal age that he admitted dating. Age of consent was 16. Now you may consider that "icky" or not. But it is not underage.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

:amen:

I'm tired of lynch mobs. If there were real facts it would have been known a long time ago, not 40 years later.

Yep.  :beer:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline skeeter

Fairly certain, all the women were of legal age that he admitted dating. Age of consent was 16. Now you may consider that "icky" or not. But it is not underage.

Right. I did not mean 'underaged' in the legal sense.

BTW today I heard a newsreader call Moore an accused 'pedophile'.

Offline Fantom

Right. I did not mean 'underaged' in the legal sense.

Wow, they sure reach for there own level do they not. It is that kind of stuff , and this typical regressive/democrat tactic.. they even used it on Cruz, that makes me yawn and dismiss it all.

I say so what if Moore kissed the girls.... did he make 'Em cry? The world wonders.

Frederick Douglass

Silver Pines

LOL

2016: "Grabbing p-words isn't so bad, we have more important things to think about"

2017:   "I'd vote for him even if he did molest a 14 year old"

2020:  "Look, I know he killed his wife and put her in a barrel, but you don't want a Dem in there, do you?"

Offline edpc

LOL

2016: "Grabbing p-words isn't so bad, we have more important things to think about"

2017:   "I'd vote for him even if he did molest a 14 year old"

2020:  "Look, I know he killed his wife and put her in a barrel, but you don't want a Dem in there, do you?"

Maybe if it's only a mistress and an Oldsmobile.  Worked for Teddy.

Offline edpc

You're right.  That's outrageous.  They should correctly identify him as an ephebophile.

Offline dfwgator

A Republican supports another Republican against the Democrat....STOP THE PRESSES!

Silver Pines

You're right.  That's outrageous.  They should correctly identify him as an ephebophile.

@edpc

Exactly.

He met his wife when she was 15 or 16.  He was 30, hanging out at a recital.  Must have been some hot prospects there.

Offline corbe

@CatherineofAragon
   Critical Mass is reached when the GOP nominates Clayton Bigsby

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

I'm guessing you're not an Elvis fan.