Author Topic: World-class Bible museum opens in D.C.  (Read 503 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
World-class Bible museum opens in D.C.
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:51:40 pm »
If one posted one of a number of stories calling the museum actually controversial, this topic might get more hits, maybe I will after the first story:

World-class Bible museum opens in D.C.
Monday, November 20, 2017
 |
Bill Bumpas (OneNewsNow.com)

Museum of the Bible (artist drawing)The executive director of the capital city's newest museum is excited to invite all people to engage with the Bible.

Even before its opening on Friday, November 17th, the 430,000-square-foot nonprofit Museum of the Bible was already getting rave reviews, according to museum executive director Dr. Tony Zeiss.

"We could not be more excited to see the surprised looks on the faces of our visitors," he tells OneNewsNow. "Their basic word is it's 'incredible.'"

He believes this new venue is the best Washington, D.C. site to invite all people to engage with the Bible.

Continued at: https://www.onenewsnow.com/missions/2017/11/20/world-class-bible-museum-opens-in-dc

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/11/museum-of-the-bible-arabic-koran/546224/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/11/corrupt-hobby-lobby-bible-museum-opens-washington-d-c/

Corrupt Hobby Lobby Bible Museum Opens In Washington D.C.
Progressive Secular Humanist

Soaked in the blood of terrorist victims, Hobby Lobby’s new $500 million Bible Museum is now open in the nation’s capitol.

Funded by Hobby Lobby’s founder and president, evangelical billionaire Steve Green, the “museum” is a conservative Christian’s wet dream, a crass attempt to promote evangelical propaganda. ABC News reports:

Read more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/11/corrupt-hobby-lobby-bible-museum-opens-washington-d-c/

The latter article seems to say they got some artifacts that were originally robbed by ISIS.  I was not aware of this. The artifacts must have been on the Black Market but though, some of the Bible must relate to Iraq and Syria, Ninevah, Damascus, I don't know the particulars.

The Atlantic article seems to say there is hardly anything about Arabic in the history of the Bible, read the article to find out more.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:14:32 pm by TomSea »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: World-class Bible museum opens in D.C.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:40:00 pm »
Critics are already declaring they cannot understand why other than Judeo-Christian religions are not displayed.

My response is "One nation, under God", not under "God or Allah".
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »
The latter article seems to say they got some artifacts that were originally robbed by ISIS.
Which means that the museum has likely saved these artifacts from ISIS's usual fate for them: destruction.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:50:51 pm »
Two members of my (immediate) family were academic consultants for this project.

They made sure to get everything right, and I'm looking forward to seeing the result.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.