Author Topic: How dogs teach us to stop worrying and just be happy  (Read 635 times)

rangerrebew

How dogs teach us to stop worrying and just be happy
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:14:58 am »
How dogs teach us to stop worrying and just be happy
Tom Baker was a chronic worrier until his dog Mango taught him to live in the moment.
by Dana McMahan / Nov.14.2017 / 6:08 PM ET

If you're a constant worrier, you're not alone. 40 million American adults live with anxiety disorders. One of those chronic worriers was Tom Baker, a Tennessean who runs a television production business. He worried so much, felt so hopeless, after a business failure and trouble with the IRS, he says, that it became dangerous. He lost 30 pounds as a result of the stress, and couldn't function as a father or husband.

Until he started to notice his dog's approach to life.

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/how-dogs-teach-us-stop-worrying-just-be-happy-ncna820836

Offline Applewood

Re: How dogs teach us to stop worrying and just be happy
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 01:54:00 pm »
I would say all pets help us relax and enjoy life.  I used to be under a lot of stress when I worked.  It was always a pleasure to come home to my furry hot water bottle.  Whatever was wrong with the world disappeared with just a few pets.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: How dogs teach us to stop worrying and just be happy
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 05:20:57 pm »
Unfortunately, some pet owners can transfer their anxiety to their pets and create anxious, out of control pets.