Author Topic: The Air Force is throwing money at pilots to stay. Fewer and fewer are interested.  (Read 545 times)

rangerrebew

The Air Force is throwing money at pilots to stay. Fewer and fewer are interested.
By: Stephen Losey   18 hours ago

Despite offering fat retention bonuses to entice pilots to stay in the Air Force, the percentage of eligible pilots accepting them is plummeting.

The Air Force said it typically hopes about 65 percent of eligible pilots will accept the retention bonuses. But in fiscal 2015, only 55 percent took the bonuses and signed up for longer stints.

And the so-called “take rate” has plunged even further since then, to 48 percent in fiscal 2016, and 44 percent in fiscal 2017, according to figures released by the Air Force. In all, 476 pilots accepted retention bonuses last year.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2017/11/19/the-air-force-is-throwing-money-at-pilots-to-stay-fewer-and-fewer-are-interested/

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Every eligible Captain (0-3) was "selected" for promotion to Major (0-4) this last go around.
But in reality, the culture and atmosphere within the USAF is toxic and caustic...no amount of money is worth putting up with the BS politically correct idiocy that has taken over.

Deployment rotations are killing 'em.  Then there's the SJW aspect of it all...Green Dot, SAPR, correspondence courses, "whole person" concept required for promotion, etc., etc.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Every eligible Captain (0-3) was "selected" for promotion to Major (0-4) this last go around.
But in reality, the culture and atmosphere within the USAF is toxic and caustic...no amount of money is worth putting up with the BS politically correct idiocy that has taken over.

Deployment rotations are killing 'em.  Then there's the SJW aspect of it all...Green Dot, SAPR, correspondence courses, "whole person" concept required for promotion, etc., etc.

Exactly according to the plan of the previous administration!  We will be dealing with the effects for years to come!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The 55% that are staying probably have a lot of the lower tier ones as well.   folks you might not really want to stay
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.