Author Topic: 'I HAD TO LEAVE'  (Read 6609 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: 'I HAD TO LEAVE'
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2017, 02:46:44 am »
No, he isn't. 

Do you think nuclear waste isn't a part of "nuclear power"?
what does that have to do with the subject matter here?

Did you cross threads?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2017, 03:57:18 am »
what does that have to do with the subject matter here?

Did you cross threads?

Waste disposal, sometimes including the injection of waste fluids, is part of the hydraulic fracturing process.  We speak of "nuclear power" and "hydraulic fracturing" as broader terms encompassing more than just the core of power generation or fracturing of rock. 

It's obvious to anyone without blinders that's what Holland was referring to.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2017, 03:58:45 am »
I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is all manner of liquid waste disposed of in injection wells and most of it has nothing at all to do with hydraulic fracking.

Agreed.  A small fraction of the UIC permit applications I've filed have been for fracking-related operations.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2017, 04:01:07 am »
There once again you display ignorance on oil and gas operations.

Hydraulic fracturing uses fluids including water, some of which is produced back.  Of that which is produced back, a lot of it, as I have already shown you, is re-used in other frac operations.

I really do not know what else to tell somebody that refuses to understand what fraccing and water disposal really are.

I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that all the rest disappears and is never disposed of via underground injection.
+++++++++

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2017, 07:35:39 am »
Waste disposal, sometimes including the injection of waste fluids, is part of the hydraulic fracturing process.  We speak of "nuclear power" and "hydraulic fracturing" as broader terms encompassing more than just the core of power generation or fracturing of rock. 

If you are talking about disposal of produced water (saltwater), all fraccing does is enhance production. That saltwater would have been produced with oil from the formation as part of the produced fluids anyway, provided the well had even been economic (vertical or horizontal) without fraccing the formation, which has been pretty much an industry standard to enable or enhance production for 80 years.

Let's break this down.
Drilling fluids used while drilling are commonly re-used or even sold to other companies drilling in the area.

Frac fluids are used to fracture the formation after drilling is completed and are mostly produced back in the flowback period, (initial production), and either saved and treated for re-use, or disposed of. Currently the trend is for re-use as an economic measure.

Produced water is also disposed of, this being water from the reservoir which also contained oil and/or gas. This water is usually saline and disposed of in injection wells.

All hydraulic fracturing does is enhance flow rates from the formation the oil and produced water are produced from. That produced water would have been disposed of in an injection well, anyway. That's a production thing, not really a fraccing thing.

Aside from the oil and gas production industry, other industries use injection wells to dispose of fluids it is far more expensive or dangerous to treat than to just inject into a rock formation at depth. The first example I provided of injection wells being identified as a cause of seismic activity was in Colorado at a nuclear weapons manufacturing facility and had nothing to do with the oil industry.

In cases where seismic activity is tied to wastewater disposal, that will be dependent on local geology and the rate and volume of wastewater being injected. Some will show a cause-effect relationship, others will not, and some will show no effect at all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:38:15 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2017, 12:52:12 pm »
Holland was referring to Oklahoma, not Pennsylcania. Please try reading before posting.

Pennsylvania is an example, but recycling hydraulic fluids has been going on in Oklahoma and other states for years.

Once again, hydraulic fracturing doesn't mean waste water injection.  And a lot of waste water injection doesn't come from hydraulic fracturing, it comes from producing wells.

Oklahoma energy companies work on water recycling
http://newsok.com/article/3948370
March 30, 2014

...Oklahoma City-based Devon Energy Corp. in 2012 built a pond in Canadian County to hold up 21 million gallons of water. The facility allowed Devon to reuse more than 260 million gallons before the company completed its drilling project in the area late last year.

Devon was able to reuse both the freshwater used in hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, and the produced water, which refers to the water that is recovered along with the oil from deep below the surface. The average oil well in Oklahoma produces about 10 times as much water as oil. The water typically is many times more salty than the ocean....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2017, 02:37:39 pm »

Getting a little tired of telling you that hydraulic fracturing has NOTHING to do with waste water disposal.

Go read a book on oil and gas operations.

Saying fraccing is akin to waste water disposal is like saying buying groceries at the grocery store is akin to taking a dump in the toilet, so groceries require disposal in sewage systems.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »
Getting a little tired of telling you that hydraulic fracturing has NOTHING to do with waste water disposal.

Saying fraccing is akin to waste water disposal is like saying buying groceries at the grocery store is akin to taking a dump in the toilet, so groceries require disposal in sewage systems.

We have plenty of wastewater injection going one around my neck of the Michigan woods with no fracking going on. I know a couple of guys who got in early when the oil and gas industry started expanding here in the late 70s and early 80s and have become fairly wealthy on wastewater disposal.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2017, 05:54:15 pm »

Argue it with others who point out that produced water is sometimes injected for waste disposal.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2017, 05:55:57 pm »
We have plenty of wastewater injection going one around my neck of the Michigan woods with no fracking going on. I know a couple of guys who got in early when the oil and gas industry started expanding here in the late 70s and early 80s and have become fairly wealthy on wastewater disposal.

Obviously.  As I said, I've done UI for mostly other fluids.

But these are all red herrings.  Go back up thread and the incorrect point being claimed was that the hydraulic fracturing industry never injects for waste disposal.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:56:26 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 06:04:55 pm »
Argue it with others who point out that produced water is sometimes injected for waste disposal.
Here's your lesson for the day you need to practice

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2017, 04:49:18 pm »
Another recent story on earthquakes in California.  Just 134 tremors recorded last week, on just one fault system. 

Oh, hum, just another day in CA.

Earthquake WARNING: US struck by 134 tremors in ONE WEEK on most DANGEROUS fault

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/661655/california-earthquake-2017-134-tremors-one-week-san-andreas-fault