Author Topic: Roy Moore’s Accusers’ Stories Getting Shaky, Moore Team Planning Lawsuit  (Read 19435 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
Who in the hell ever heard of eating dinner at five p.m...

Seats fill fast for the early bird special at Denny's.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I don't think the name is on any list. It doesn't make sense that it would be.  Think about it.  The assistant DA gets banned for cruising for teenagers.  Do you really think all parties involved didn't just agree to keep it quiet as long as there was no more trouble?  If his name was on a list, someone would have found it before now.

@CatherineofAragon

I have been a bouncer a fair bit, both at bars and as security for events... Somewhere, either behind the bar or in the back room, there is a banned list with photos of the folks. Events will have a printed sheet of folks that are not to be on the property. There is always a list.
@Smokin Joe

Offline Applewood

@Frank Cannon

Lol

I'll pick this up later...I have to go to a dinner with the inlaws and that entire bunch.  Who in the hell ever heard of eating dinner at five p.m...

My Dad got home from work between 4 and 4:30.  That's when we ate dinner.   

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Win XP?  Aren't you ancient?
My Win 95 won't load web pages.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@CatherineofAragon

I have been a bouncer a fair bit, both at bars and as security for events... Somewhere, either behind the bar or in the back room, there is a banned list with photos of the folks. Events will have a printed sheet of folks that are not to be on the property. There is always a list.
@Smokin Joe
Yep. Every joint that has an '86 list has a list. That way the banned don't slip in on the late shift (or with the morning crowd--we had two distinct groups, although they got along well at 'shift change').

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

And everyone was to bed by 6PM. Sounds delightful except in the summer when you had to paint all the windows black to sleep.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What a joke.  You people are high if you believe he’s actually going to follow through on this lawsuit.  He’ll have to go on record - something he’s refused to do - about his dating habits at the time.  Only one of two things can occur:  an admission of being a creeper or perjury.

Either way, it’d be documented and used against him when the seat is up for re-election in 2020.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online roamer_1

Supper here is after dark, which might be 4:30 or it might be 10:30.

Online Smokin Joe

Supper here is after dark, which might be 4:30 or it might be 10:30.
Yep. It all depends on the time of year.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

And everyone was to bed by 6PM. Sounds delightful except in the summer when you had to paint all the windows black to sleep.

I think it was Dad's mother who was in bed by sunset.  On wash day, she started the laundry at 5 am.  Of course, he did laundry for 8 people -- her, Grandpap and 6 kids -- and she didn't have an automatic washer and dryer. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What a joke.  You people are high if you believe he’s actually going to follow through on this lawsuit.
Indeed, and that's why predatory accusers like to drop their bombshells during campaigns, because they know the candidates can't devote full-time work to preparing and winning a lawsuit without diverting attention from their campaign and lowering their own odds of winning.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:40:27 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

Indeed, and that's why predatory accusers like to drop their bombshells during campaigns, because they know the candidates can't devote full-time work to preparing and winning a lawsuit without diverting attention from their campaign and lowering their own odds of winning.

Or at all.  Remember this from Trump....

"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign."

"Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."

Offline Applewood

I don't think Moore's accusers, their attorneys and whoever is really behind all this nonsense expected Moore to fight back.  They probably thought he would just drop out as Herman Cain did.  The lawsuit might just be a threat.

Offline mountaineer

Forgive me for being practical,  but this is one of the cases where it doesn't matter how big a liar she is - legally speaking.  Even if the falsely accused sues, how can he establish she lied? That's why I think we all should be a little less gleeful when someone we don't like is accused of sexual assault,  as we might be the next ones accused - and how will we defend ourselves?

Yes, I am an attorney (retired).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

I wonder what those who believe those charging Moore are credible believe are the reasons they waited until before a key election, but after it was too late to force him off the ballot, before making them.

Coincidence probably. Surely they are 100% sincere in their quest for justice.

Offline Frank Cannon

Does anyone really give a shit about Roy Moore anymore or do people just like bitching about stuff?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Does anyone really give a shit about Roy Moore anymore or do people just like bitching about stuff?

I do!  Quite a lot in fact.   Not him so much as the principles involved!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Well the die is cast. What more is there to argue about?

Offline edpc

Not him so much as the principles involved!

Given the matter at hand, you would also be correct had you typed ‘principals’ instead.

Offline Applewood

:thumbsup:

This should matter to everyone.  Moore is getting the shaft...and by extension, so are the voters in Alabama and for that matter, all of us. 

'But I am finding I'm repeating myself in multiple threads. Time for me to just shaddup for a while.

Online Smokin Joe

This should matter to everyone.  Moore is getting the shaft...and by extension, so are the voters in Alabama and for that matter, all of us. 

'But I am finding I'm repeating myself in multiple threads. Time for me to just shaddup for a while.
It needs to be said, and it bears repeating.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It needs to be said, and it bears repeating.

On as many threads as necessary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

ABSOLUTELY!

Offline mountaineer

Any one of us who boldly asserts our conservative beliefs could be falsely accused. You want to run for school board? Town council?
Watch out - someone could arise from the gutter to say you sexually assaulted her (or him).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Any one of us who boldly asserts our conservative beliefs could be falsely accused. You want to run for school board? Town council?
Watch out - someone could arise from the gutter to say you sexually assaulted her (or him).

Ain't that a God Awful sized bucket of the plain, unvarnished truth.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com