Author Topic: Former Bush aide: GOP is 'over' if they let Moore serve in Senate  (Read 795 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Former Bush aide: GOP is 'over' if they let Moore serve in Senate
Josh Delk

Former George W. Bush administration aide Tony Fratto said Wednesday that if Republicans allow Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore to serve despite the serious sexual assault allegations against him, then the GOP is "over."

"We can scream our heads off all we want, Alabama voters will do whatever they do," Fratto tweeted. "The real test for the GOP is whether Moore is allowed to serve, should he win. Fail that test and the party's over."

We can scream our heads off all we want, Alabama voters will do whatever they do. The real test for GOP is whether Moore is allowed to serve, should he win. Fail that test and the party’s over.
    — Tony Fratto (@TonyFratto) November 22, 2017

Continued at: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/361519-top-bush-aide-gop-is-over-if-they-let-moore-serve-in-senate

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Former Bush aide: GOP is 'over' if they let Moore serve in Senate
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:55:00 pm »
When Tony Fratto speaks, ...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:02:37 am »
When Tony Fratto speaks, ...

Nobody listens.  And I do mean nobody!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:34 am »
Nobody listens.  And I do mean nobody!

LOL. I had to look up who the hell this nobody was....

"Tony" Fratto was Deputy Assistant and Deputy Press Secretary to former United States President George W. Bush.

Is that one step above or below the janitor at the WH?

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:10:18 am »
Can't say I've ever heard of him either... :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:59:12 am »
Didn't know who the heck he is either.  Gee ... with any luck the GOPe[/b is over if they let Moore serve in the Senate.  That would be such a shame!  000hehehehe
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 12:04:14 pm »
The Arizona Governor, Ducey, in a similar type of story, has said Moore should not be running.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2017/11/22/ducey-says-roy-moore-should-go-meanwhile-mcsally-and-ward/890285001/

I respect his opinion in saying this but it seems that any politician can have their political aspirations stopped by just accusing them of something as heinous as child molestation.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 12:58:10 pm »
GD GOP has BEEN Over since before Reagan and probably another 100 years before That.

Trying to pick it up and clean it up is one heck of a dictionary definition of 'Exercise in Frustration'.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 01:23:19 pm »
The Arizona Governor, Ducey, in a similar type of story, has said Moore should not be running.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2017/11/22/ducey-says-roy-moore-should-go-meanwhile-mcsally-and-ward/890285001/

I respect his opinion in saying this but it seems that any politician can have their political aspirations stopped by just accusing them of something as heinous as child molestation.
Says a Governor with senators the like of Flake and flakey McLame.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:23:50 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy