Author Topic: Fox News poll finds Roy Moore hemorrhaging support among Alabama voters  (Read 543 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fox News poll finds Roy Moore hemorrhaging support among Alabama voters
Bryan Logan

Roy Moore Roy Moore. AP Photo/Brynn Anderson

A Fox News poll published Thursday shows Roy Moore's Democratic opponent opening up a lead against him in the Alabama Senate race.
    Of the voters surveyed, 50% said they would vote for the Democratic nominee Doug Jones and 42% said they would choose Moore if the special election were held today.
    Polls were much tighter one week ago, before Moore's sexual harassment scandal intensified in the last few days.
    Moore has defied calls to exit the race and still enjoys support from the Alabama GOP, despite losing critical backing from the national Republican Party.

The embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore has lost some ground against his Democrat opponent amid the fallout over Moore's sexual misconduct scandal.

A Fox News poll released on Thursday shows that, if the Alabama special election were held today, 50% of likely voters surveyed said they would vote for the Democratic nominee Doug Jones, and 42% said they would choose Moore.

Read more at: http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-poll-roy-moore-democrat-doug-jones-alabama-election-2017-11

Losing by 8%, so now we have another poll.

Thanks to the TBR member who mentioned this, I decided to look it up. What a disaster if Jones is elected.

Whatever one's stance on principle, perhaps it is as another forum member said, women may well vote against Moore; fair or not, right or wrong, true or false. And men, if the situation was reversed, might do the same.

Please merge if this is a repeat.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:12:50 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Fox News poll finds Roy Moore hemorrhaging support among Alabama voters
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:57:36 am »
This could turn around when people start looking  at things like questionable (altered?) signatures, which would only have shown that he had been at that restaurant anyway (if valid and unaltered), not proven misconduct.

This reeks of a leftist hit, and Moore's positions in the past in defense of (traditional) Marriage and the Right to Life are reason enough for the Left to do their damndest to derail him.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »
This could turn around when people start looking  at things like questionable (altered?) signatures, which would only have shown that he had been at that restaurant anyway (if valid and unaltered), not proven misconduct.

This reeks of a leftist hit, and Moore's positions in the past in defense of (traditional) Marriage and the Right to Life are reason enough for the Left to do their damndest to derail him.

Agreed.  Except I suspect Moore's own party has a hand in this.  Maybe an even bigger hand than the Dems'.    Repubs like to market themselves as defenders of conservative values, but in reality,  they aren't.   And they are doing their utmost to rid the party of anyone and anything even remotely conservative.  Moore doesn't fit in with the Republican Party.  They want him out and will do whatever it takes to get rid of him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:45:08 pm »
Agreed.  Except I suspect Moore's own party has a hand in this.  Maybe an even bigger hand than the Dems'.    Repubs like to market themselves as defenders of conservative values, but in reality,  they aren't.   And they are doing their utmost to rid the party of anyone and anything even remotely conservative.  Moore doesn't fit in with the Republican Party.  They want him out and will do whatever it takes to get rid of him.
I agree. McConnell is terrified of someone who will blow the whistle on the whole well tuned applecart in DC. They've been pretty cozy with the Dems up there, and there are only a few who haven't succumbed to beltway fever. Get someone like Moore in there who will raise a ruckus if he thinks things aren't right, no matter who is involved, and the whole scam could get blown open. That could help lower the water level in the swamp a mite.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis