Author Topic: Twitter mocks Roy Moore’s defiant response to Mitch McConnell due to unfortunate coincidence  (Read 1020 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Moore sent out a tweet Wednesday, directly calling McConnell out with one simple phrase: “Bring. It. On.”

Unfortunately for Moore, the phrase “Bring It On” is also the title of a popular 2000 film about high school cheerleaders.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/11/15/twitter-mocks-roy-moores-defiant-response-to-mitch-mcconnell-due-to-unfortunate-coincidence/amp/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Yeah - not helpful......

Judge Roy Moore
@MooreSenate
·
9h

Dear Mitch McConnell,

Bring. It. On.

7.7K  7.1K. 15K

https://mobile.twitter.com/MooreSenate

Offline Applewood

Proving once again that Twitter is for twits.

Offline edpc

Spirit Fingers sold separately.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Oh great, another twittidiot.

Offline kevindavis007

Maybe Moore should spend more time attacking his opponent..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline edpc

So far, that seems to be McConnell.

Offline skeeter

Thats what he's doing.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Remember the old saying you could indict a ham sandwich?

Well, Twitter could mock a ham sandwich. You have a whole bunch of people who think that because they can string a bunch of words together in a clever little retort, that it becomes reality.

Didn't work well for Hillary.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Remember the old saying you could indict a ham sandwich?

There are times when the ham sandwich has some explaining to do. See Mama Cass as an example.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Moore sent out a tweet Wednesday, directly calling McConnell out with one simple phrase: “Bring. It. On.”

Unfortunately for Moore, the phrase “Bring It On” is also the title of a popular 2000 film about high school cheerleaders.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/11/15/twitter-mocks-roy-moores-defiant-response-to-mitch-mcconnell-due-to-unfortunate-coincidence/amp/

OMG!    I have *NEVER*  heard the phrase "bring it on" used in *ANY* other context then to refer to some move about high school cheerleaders!

Why is Roy Moore trying to make us think about this movie that nobody has ever seen except pajama boy weenies and their "just friends"  girls that they might know? 

Not the kind of movie most men would know anything about. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Didn’t bush say that?

Offline kevindavis007

Thats what he's doing.

Doug Jones is his opponent..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline edpc

Didn’t bush say that?

Not quite.  In the context of jihadists flocking to Iraq after the 2003 invasion, he said ‘bring em on.’

It wouldn’t have the same effect had he said ‘bring it on,’ because he’s an alcoholic, not an ephebophile.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:16:59 pm by edpc »

Offline Frank Cannon

Doug Jones is his opponent..

Not currently. It's Mitch the Turtle and the gang right now.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So far, that seems to be McConnell.

For people who claim that everyone who doesn't support Trump is a democrat, Trumpers spend an inordinate amount of time attacking republicans.

Sure McConnell is a RINO sleazeball but he's not going anywhere and attacking him is pointless. In fact, if they intend to be consistent, Trumpers are going to have to attack Trump and family but that takes at least a minimum of testicular fortitude.

Offline edpc

Sure McConnell is a RINO sleazeball but he's not going anywhere and attacking him is pointless. In fact, if they intend to be consistent, Trumpers are going to have to attack Trump and family but that takes at least a minimum of testicular fortitude.

I don’t have a problem giving Trump and his merry band of nepotism their due.  However, much of what’s wrong in DC right now is the leadership in Congress.

Offline Frank Cannon

For people who claim that everyone who doesn't support Trump is a democrat, Trumpers spend an inordinate amount of time attacking republicans.

I rarely see a Mitch McConnell defense here by even the most Liberal posters, but here you are doing it. I'm sure the Turtle appreciates your continued support. With his polling in the single digits, he needs all the people like you he can get.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

OMG!    I have *NEVER*  heard the phrase "bring it on" used in *ANY* other context then to refer to some move about high school cheerleaders!

Why is Roy Moore trying to make us think about this movie that nobody has ever seen except pajama boy weenies and their "just friends"  girls that they might know? 

Not the kind of movie most men would know anything about.

I've never heard of the movie,  and probably Moore hadn't either.

But I do know whenever I try to do a Google search for a common phrase or historic name/event.... many times the first hits are degenerate popular culture movies and/or music groups using the same words/names.  When I first arrived on the internet,  I used an historic name as my name on a forum and kept being repeatedly mocked because, apparently,  that historic name is also British slang for slut.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:31:02 pm by KingsX »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

As Lincoln said of Grant:
"I can't spare this man. He fights!"

Ahem, I'll bet those gals in reply 2 above are over 16!
Fair game! (at least down in Alabama)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:10:16 am by Fishrrman »

Offline DiogenesLamp

I've never heard of the movie,  and probably Moore hadn't either.

But I do know whenever I try to do a Google search for a common phrase or historic name/event.... many times the first hits are degenerate popular culture movies and/or music groups using the same words/names.  When I first arrived on the internet,  I used an historic name as my name on a forum and kept being repeatedly mocked because, apparently,  that historic name is also British slang for slut.

I am well aware of the problem.  I have had exactly the sort of difficulty you described.  The only example that comes to mind at the moment is my effort to find a song that I knew when I was young,  (Man from Mars)  and all that comes up is more recent pop culture crap.   

Here are some lyrics that I can sort of remember.  1960s rockabilly style. 

"Well I'm a man from Mars
 just as cute as can be 
 and all the girls just want to kiss me tenderly,
 cause i'm a little bitty jitter bugging man from Mars
and I'm painting the town tonight! " 

All I get is "Bruno Mars"  and assorted other modern crap.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —