Author Topic: Moore lawyer disputes yearbook signature  (Read 2912 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Moore lawyer disputes yearbook signature
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 09:16:36 pm »

Such as,  why are there different colors of ink if it was all supposedly written at the same time?

To be fair, that may not be indicative - Blow it up and look at the body of the message, The first half of that block of text looks to be a different color too. Could be a light thing, having to do with the curve of the paper as photo'd, or (and likely possible), something on the facing page laid across the text, having a different effect on that portion of text over time. That is plausible.

Not that I believe it to be true - Nobody signs the date twice, and who the hell adds location?

...But plausible wrt the inking difference.  :shrug:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:50 pm »

Such as,  why are there different colors of ink if it was all supposedly written at the same time?

Someone uses a capital 'R' in the middle of lower case letters when they are printing. Interesting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2017, 12:37:14 am »
Something that strikes me odd is the handwriting after the Roy Moore signature. It actually is printing. The "7s" in the date are form differently than the ones right after Moore's signature. The printing strikes me as a feminine type of printing. I don't think I've ever seen a man's printing like this.

My hunch is that everything up to and including Roy Moore's signature was written by a man and is original. It looks to me like the D.A., the date and the place name were written in by someone else, most likely a female at a later time. Sort of like a postscript so that the person would remember who Roy Moore was and where he signed it.

If she did that and it is discovered it will discredit her entire story. I would really like to see a professional third party do an analysis of this.

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 01:05:36 am »
@roamer_1

Court documents prove a key claim made by Moore's lawyer was a lie.

https://thinkprogress.org/roy-moore-beverly-nelson-divorce-2aeaeeb17ce9/

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 01:17:44 am »
@roamer_1

"Thinkprogress"....lol, and to think, I thought you worthy of consideration. My bad.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 01:23:59 am »
Free Vulcan wrote:
"Everything in the blue is drastically different handwriting than the black. The blue is big and loopy, almost looks writtien by a woman. The black is tight cursive that look more written by a man."

Also, the ONLY portion of the blue writing that's in cursive is "Moore".
EVERYTHING ELSE is printed out.

And the "7's" are markedly different, as mentioned.
The writer of the "black 7's" "leads to the right" -- the seven is two strokes, left and then down.
The write of the "blue 7's" "leads up" -- the seven is THREE strokes, up, left and down.

Do you vary your own writing like that?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 01:49:13 am »
@roamer_1

@CatherineofAragon

LOL! ThinkProgress? REALLY?

Probably bullcrap. We'll see. Easy enough to find out, If Gloria Alred is shouting it tomorrow I may start to consider it.
As it turns out, her rebuttal said nothing of the sort. All she wants is to drag him into the Senate lion's den as a so called 'neutral party'... Yeah right.

Offline DB

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 01:53:41 am »
Someone uses a capital 'R' in the middle of lower case letters when they are printing. Interesting.

That picture makes it look like three different pens were used. The ", Roy" looks different than what comes before and after it...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 02:43:08 am »
That picture makes it look like three different pens were used. The ", Roy" looks different than what comes before and after it...
The wording of the whole thing is just awkward. That's the first thing I noticed.

"Merry Christmas to a sweet and beautiful girl.", dated and signed, would have flowed, that just doesn't. I wouldn't expect that awkwardness of phrase from even just a Deputy DA.

To a sweeter, more beautiful girl I could not say "Merry Christmas"

"Christmas 1977"
Love,
Roy Moore, D.A.
12-22-77
Olde HicKoRy House

Did that imply that if he met someone sweeter and more beautiful he would have said "Bah Humbug!" or something else? It just seems darned ambiguous for an attorney.

Commas I would have expected to see from someone with a law degree are in red but were not in the yearbook.
Seems like the dating is just a mite redundant, too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:56:39 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 03:37:38 am »
Everything in the blue is drastically different handwriting than the black. The blue is big and loopy, almost looks writtien by a woman. The black is tight cursive that look more written by a man.

I agree. I think you are right about the feminine type of handwriting. I couldn't think of the words to describe it but big and loopy is a good description.

I can see how it looks like there are at least two different colors of ink but since it is a photograph it's hard to judge without seeing it in person. I've taking photos of writing before that turned out like that. I'm sure it would be easy to prove under analysis different types of ink.

There are so many questions I have on both sides that are still unanswered.  I'm glad I don't have to make a decision in the voting booth on this one.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2017, 04:19:08 am »
@roamer_1

Daily Kos agrees. 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/16/1716115/

I wonder what they think over at "MoveOn.org",  "Mother Jones",  and "New Republic"? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2017, 04:23:49 am »
"Thinkprogress"....lol, and to think, I thought you worthy of consideration. My bad.

I went over and looked at the article.   They are saying that because Moore's lawyer claimed they had contact because Moore was the judge that presided on her divorce case,  he is lying,  because they argue that the woman had no reason to see the judge.   

They do not in fact prove she didn't see the judge,  and they do not consider that the lawyer is making an erroneous assumption,  they simply call the lawyer a "liar."   

I always defined a "liar"  as someone who tells you something that they know is not true.   People telling you something that they think is true,  but which later turns out to be wrong,   are not "lying."   

So yeah,  the article is pretty much Partisan crap in which the author is not telling the truth.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2017, 04:28:02 am »
I agree. I think you are right about the feminine type of handwriting. I couldn't think of the words to describe it but big and loopy is a good description.

I can see how it looks like there are at least two different colors of ink but since it is a photograph it's hard to judge without seeing it in person. I've taking photos of writing before that turned out like that.

If it's an artifact of the lighting conditions,  isn't it odd that it demarcates precisely between the cursive and printed text?   

What are the odds that an artifact of the lighting conditions would so precisely separate the two sides rather than fall across connected words or sentences?   

— Lord Melbourne —

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2017, 05:22:24 am »

If it's an artifact of the lighting conditions,  isn't it odd that it demarcates precisely between the cursive and printed text?   

What are the odds that an artifact of the lighting conditions would so precisely separate the two sides rather than fall across connected words or sentences?

It should be very easy to prove under direct examination by forensic experts. We'll see who blinks first.  It would be very risky for Moore to ask for an examination of his handwriting if he knew it to be his. And if what she says is true why would she object?