Author Topic: House passes sweeping tax bill in huge victory for GOP  (Read 1173 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House passes sweeping tax bill in huge victory for GOP
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:57:12 pm »
House passes sweeping tax bill in huge victory for GOP
By Naomi Jagoda and Cristina Marcos - 11/16/17 01:48 PM EST

The House on Thursday passed legislation to overhaul the tax code, moving Republicans one step closer to achieving the top item on their legislative agenda.

The measure was approved by a vote of 227-205. No Democrats voted for the bill, while 13 Republicans broke ranks to oppose it. 

“Passing this bill is the single biggest thing we can do to grow the economy, to restore opportunity and help these middle income families who are struggling,” Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said ahead of the vote.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/360704-house-passes-sweeping-tax-bill-in-victory-for-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: House passes sweeping tax bill in huge victory for GOP
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:58:40 pm »
It will die in the Senate.   McLame will make sure of that.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 06:59:33 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 07:47:31 pm »
It will die in the Senate.   McLame will make sure of that.

Without the honorable Sen from Arizona being in there to vote against this bad tax plan it might pass.
Bless him and May God not take him till his time has come.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:08:07 pm »
Without the honorable Sen from Arizona being in there to vote against this bad tax plan it might pass.

No help if the Rats don't lose anybody, but keep a good thought about the 'Splody-head.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 08:20:17 pm »

...hmm last time I checked we definitely don't have an honorable Senator from AZ.  He belongs in Hillary's basket of deplorable who sides with the DEMS every chance he gets!  Certainly he will meet his maker when he decides it time ... yeppers, Old Johnny has some 'splainin' to do!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 08:29:01 pm »

@WineNot What about thr House bill don't you like?  I figure it won't make a hill of beans difference to me one way or the other.  Though I would be interested to see some informed discussion on what the corporate tax cut will do.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »

@WineNot

Barry Goldwater died decades ago.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 08:40:06 pm »
@WineNot

Barry Goldwater died decades ago.

Say it ain't so!   **nononono*

Offline WingNot

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 08:46:20 pm »
@WineNot What about thr House bill don't you like?  I figure it won't make a hill of beans difference to me one way or the other.  Though I would be interested to see some informed discussion on what the corporate tax cut will do.

Many sites have examined the tax proposal and found it is disastrous for the middle class and only benefits the 1 percent.  Rather than regurgitate it here feel free to explore the "darkside".

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 08:48:26 pm »
Many sites have examined the tax proposal and found it is disastrous for the middle class and only benefits the 1 percent.  Rather than regurgitate it here feel free to explore the "darkside".

Oh, I am definitely low class and I enjoy the darkside frequently, so maybe it won't be so bad if it passes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 09:11:02 pm »
I see we have a brand new troll in our midst!  How cool! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 09:14:32 pm »

Welcome to the forum; perhaps rather than make an all encompassing statement, you might want to provide links to those sites reporting that the tax proposal would be disastrous for the middle class and only benefits the 1 percent...just sayin'.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 09:19:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum; perhaps rather than make an all encompassing statement, you might want to provide links to those sites reporting that the tax proposal would be disastrous for the middle class and only benefits the 1 percent...just sayin'.

In all your posting years Dear Libertybelle, how many times have you changed someones mind by posting links to support your views in a hostile political environment? 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 09:24:59 pm »
Here's an idea, how about cutting spending?

Then cut taxes.   i signed up for a couple voip phone lines.   two business voip lines cost me $70 a month.    Taxes are another $30

tar and feathers, tar and feathers
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 09:26:47 pm »
In all your posting years Dear Libertybelle, how many times have you changed someones mind by posting links to support your views in a hostile political environment?

That's 'bele' ... and changing one's mind wasn't my point ... rather thinking about credibility.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 09:27:33 pm »

Not very sporting of you my good chap.  You could have spotted this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/29/us/politics/trump-tax-plan-analysis.html
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 09:28:57 pm »

Then cut taxes.   i signed up for a couple voip phone lines.   two business voip lines cost me $70 a month.    Taxes are another $30

Yeah, I've noticed "Deficit Hawks" like John McCain only hunt when the cuts are in taxes, never when it's an increase in spending.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 09:38:26 pm »

As the late Milton Friedman often reminded us, spending is the true tax. Deficit spending is simply deferred taxation, and today, both spending and deficits are on an upward trajectory.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 09:42:37 pm »
Not very sporting of you my good chap.  You could have spotted this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/29/us/politics/trump-tax-plan-analysis.html

They let you post links to The Times here and don't yell "Fake News" ?  Who knew.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 09:45:23 pm »
They let you post links to The Times here and don't yell "Fake News" ?  Who knew.

The day is young....The night crew will be on my butt in a second.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 09:48:01 pm »
The day is young....The night crew will be on my butt in a second.

I'll go get a few links from the Democratic Underground then.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 09:54:59 pm »
I'll go get a few links from the Democratic Underground then.

Don't forget KOS.  They need the exposure too....
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 09:57:10 pm »
Don't forget KOS.  They need the exposure too....
They have been a tad too excitable in the past.  But I'll take your advice.  Might be worth a cutnpaste.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 10:02:13 pm »

Better yet let's get the 16th Amendment revoked. Then they can't directly tax individual income.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:02:34 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy