Author Topic: Grassley Will Not Allow Senators to Use ‘Blue Slip Courtesy’ to Block Trump’s Judicial Nominees  (Read 378 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Grassley Will Not Allow Senators to Use ‘Blue Slip Courtesy’ to Block Trump’s Judicial Nominees
Breitbart, Nov 15, 2017, Ken Klukowski

<snip>

As long as President Trump’s team consults with both home-state senators for each nomination, Grassley indicated that he has been patient enough, and announced he will not allow any one senator to derail a judicial nomination merely by refusing to return a piece of blue paper to his office.

“I won’t let senators abuse the blue slip to block qualified nominees for political or ideological reasons,” Grassley declared.

All of President Trump’s judicial nominees should now make it through SJC and end up on the Senate floor, where the task will fall to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to give them an up-or-down vote.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/15/grassley-not-allow-senators-use-blue-slip-courtesy-block-trumps-judicial-nominees/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent! And about damned time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

1st it was Get Trump out of Office. He's Putin's Agent.

At the moment it's Crucify Roy Moore.

With our own (God forgive me for calling them Our's) team playing Pontius Pilate throughout.

"I wash my hands of this Conservative."

But they have to be Officially reprimanded with a Warning from the Judiciary Committee RE: their juvenile, transparent obstructions.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I predicted we would see this happen several months' back.
The time for formerly "congenial" rules in the Senate is... over.
It's time to play hardball.

Good move by Mr. Grassley.

Offline Fantom

888high58888  Yep, and Damned YEP!!!

Now can Trump purge the obama holdovers?..Please.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Was hoping my Senator would come around.

The GOP is in the majority. Screw the Senate rules minority veto crap. If you can't win the chamber, you don't get to control it with little clawback tricks.
The Republic is lost.