Author Topic: If you think Roy Moore did it or you think he didn't, you're doing it wrong - Hot Air  (Read 420 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If you think Roy Moore did it or you think he didn't, you're doing it wrong - Hot Air
Jazz ShawPosted at 1:01 pm on November 11, 2017

It always seems like the serious meltdowns in politics break on my day off. That was the case once again with the Roy Moore allegations involving a 14-year-old child from many decades ago. The alleged, sordid details are all over political media so we don’t need yet another rundown of them here, but suffice it to say that this an ugly story no matter where the truth resides.

Watching the lava flow of hot takes breaking out on social media, in the papers and on cable news over the past day or so, there seems to be a common theme emerging (or, rather, a pair of them) which is distressing to say the least. We have one camp of people who claim that the original Washington Post story, combined with a few bits of follow-up material, are sufficient for a conviction in the court of public opinion and Roy should be run out of town on a rail, preferably covering in roofing material and chicken plumage. Another group has already determined that this was a politically motivated hit job by the WaPo, the accuser is lying and everyone should get behind Moore on this.

Continued at: https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/11/think-roy-moore-think-didnt-youre-wrong/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We saw all this stuff with Herman Cain. Even Gloria Allred jumped in with whatever she managed to drag up. It was all so ominous and convincing, and all the usual suspects jumped on it.

Cain dropped out. All the charges went away.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

This is why I'm skeptical, I need to see something concrete this time against Moore than the same old song and dance.

The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

We saw all this stuff with Herman Cain. Even Gloria Allred jumped in with whatever she managed to drag up. It was all so ominous and convincing, and all the usual suspects jumped on it.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

This is why I'm skeptical, I need to see something concrete this time against Moore than the same old song and dance.

Same thing with Cruz - to the same tune that he step down. Where did his harem go?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Anybody remember the lynching of George Allen? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun asked:
"Anybody remember the lynching of George Allen?"

"macaca" ??