Author Topic: 93-year-old man eats lunch next to a picture of his late wife every day  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Suppressed

93-year-old man eats lunch next to a picture of his late wife every day
Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:52 AM   Scott Stump
TODAY
https://www.today.com/news/93-year-old-man-eats-lunch-next-picture-his-late-t117758

A 93-year-old Georgia man is showing that true love never dies.

Four years ago, Clarence Purvis lost his wife of 64 years, Carolyn. But his affection for her remains on display for everyone in town to see at a daily lunch date he never misses.

Purvis takes a picture of his late wife and sets it up at the table with him during meals at Smith's Restaurant in Reidsville, where he often ate with Carolyn.

"Ain't nobody loved one another more than me and my wife loved one another,'' Purvis told local news station WTOC. "I wanted what she wanted and she wanted what I wanted."

Carolyn died at 81 in 2013 after living her entire life in Glennsville, where she met Clarence as a teenager in 1948.

She and Clarence were co-owners of Purvis Garage, and she was a mother of three, a grandmother of six and a great-grandmother of two, according to her obituary.

"Eat lunch, come back, watch television, go to bed, love one another. What more you want?" Purvis said. "We had everything we wanted."

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9c-Gv_0ICM
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: 93-year-old man eats lunch next to a picture of his late wife every day
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:19:16 pm »
This might be a solution to a long relationship while both partners are alive.  Why wait till death.  Leave your significant other at home and take his/her picture to lunch. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:57 pm »
I see nothing particularly odd, about this. My wife and her 5 siblings, are very open about their love and memories of their deceased parents. (Mom just 6 months ago)

They cook the same meals, their mother prepared, saying it was for "mom." Etc.

I might do the same thing, as this old man.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:47:59 pm »
This might be a solution to a long relationship while both partners are alive.  Why wait till death.  Leave your significant other at home and take his/her picture to lunch.

@WineNot

I've been doing this for years, but instead of a picture I take some local whore to lunch with me and have her nag me while we eat. Far more realistic and I get laid for dessert.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:51:23 pm »
@WineNot

I've been doing this for years, but instead of a picture I take some local whore to lunch with me and have her nag me while we eat. Far more realistic and I get laid for dessert.

@Frank Cannon   Now there is The best of both worlds.... and a happy ending.  You are a real man of genius!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 08:55:52 pm »
@Frank Cannon   Now there is The best of both worlds.... and a happy ending.  You are a real man of genius!

Your posting style reminds me of the long forgotten Dean of this forum who left us some time ago. Rumors were he passed a way due to some complications related to syphilis contracted in prison. He did a nickle for check kiting at his horse rendering company.

Is that you Sinkspur?

Offline WingNot

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:54 pm »
Just a long time lurker.  1st time poster. 

Besides dind't that dude sinky get banned for life?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 09:03:22 pm »
Just a long time lurker.  1st time poster. 

Besides dind't that dude sinky get banned for life?

I thought that till I had to tell him to go eff himself last week. He is like a Phoenix. One minute dead, the next minute an ugly,  poorly built Pontiac.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »

Yeppers ... pictures can't argue with you!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.