Author Topic: Alabama Secretary of State: If State GOP Pulls Support for Moore and He Gets the Most Votes, Election Would Be ‘Null and Void’  (Read 13403 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Hannity can be as rude and nasty as needed, whenever his Masters tell him to heel.  He's in on this one, it's obvious.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have $20 that says there will never be such expert examination of this evidence.  And, as you say, it doesn't matter because "there are others."  I wonder how many are lined up for today?

I wouldn't touch that bet with someone else's $20!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
I wouldn't touch that bet with someone else's $20!

I gotta wonder how this must taste to Mark Levine what with all his Hannity connection.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I gotta wonder how this must taste to Mark Levine what with all his Hannity connection.

I'm sure he's aware of the pressure being applied to Hannity by his new bosses over at Fox!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

My whole take on the interview was that Hannity was trying to trick him into some sort of contradiction. Moore, now conscious of the difference in which the way southern courting rituals of 4 decades ago would be perceived in the modern press was being careful not to feed the lions. Despite categorically denying any immoral behaviour, Hannity still came across with the whole attitude that he did not deny the allegations of wrongdoing.  :shrug:
Hannity is as Yankee as they come, the only difference is that he is more conservative then the rest of ‘em. But he can be sleezy too. I think he is joining the Lynch mob train is because of all the others. He doesn’t want to looked at as hanging out on the fringe.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

I'm sure he's aware of the pressure being applied to Hannity by his new bosses over at Fox!
Wait till Disney gets ownership of Fox.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

Hannity is as Yankee as they come, the only difference is that he is more conservative then the rest of ‘em. But he can be sleezy too. I think he is joining the Lynch mob train is because of all the others. He doesn’t want to looked at as hanging out on the fringe.

Ingraham last night was flat calling Moore a sexual predator, as if the charges were determined facts sworn to under oath, as well.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ingraham last night was flat calling Moore a sexual predator, as if the charges were determined facts sworn to under oath, as well.

Well! They gotta follow orders if they want to keep their phony baloney jobs!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

I am very disappointed with her. She is losing a lot of respect from me
by joining in the smearing of a good man.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Democrat is now ahead by 9 points.  Many women aren't going to vote for Moore now.
Wait, are you referring to the poll last year on Hillary vs Donald?

How did that one turn out?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sessions back into the Senate is no longer a possibility; the filing deadline has already passed, but  Sessions could perhaps run as a write in candidate, but I highly doubt that he will.  We're stuck with him as the AG unless Trump decides to do the right thing and fire him!
What rubbish is that?  Are you old enough to remember when Lautenberg was allowed to fill in for Torricelli at the last moment?
NEW JERSEY COURT LETS LAUTENBERG INTO SENATE RACE
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/03/nyregion/new-jersey-senate-race-overview-new-jersey-court-lets-lautenberg-into-senate.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

I’m surprised this political mafia hit on Moore hasn’t gotten the BLM and Antifa radicals marching the streets of Birmingham in protest of his candidacy. Or maybe that’s next.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:33:39 pm by RetBobbyMI »

Offline Hoodat

What rubbish is that?  Are you old enough to remember when Lautenberg was allowed to fill in for Torricelli at the last moment?

The difference here is that liberals have no qualms whatsoever in using the courts to rewrite the law while Conservatives abhor such acts of tyranny.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Ingraham‘s focused on moral character. But there are more pressing concerns in this election fight.

Jimmy Carter was by all accounts a moral man. Yet, if viewed on the macro issue of defending Western culture, he was unacceptable as president and is unacceptable as a private citizen, and is destructive of Israel and Western values. Winston Churchill’s moral character was viewed by some of his contemporaries as lacking, but that’s not what mattered in defending against Nazism.

Personal morality is a good thing but unimportant in the fight to stop the left from tearing down Western culture by turning it into white supremacy, misogyny and all the rest.

We need Roy Moore to win. He understands the fight.

I hope the people of Alabama understand it as well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:09:27 pm by aligncare »

Offline Hoodat

Jimmy Carter was by all accounts a moral man.

I don't consider anyone running on the same ticket with Lester Maddox to be 'moral'.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Wulf Anson Author
Ingraham‘s focused on moral character. But there are more pressing concerns in this election fight.

Jimmy Carter was by all accounts a moral man. Yet, if viewed on the macro issue of defending Western culture, he was unacceptable as president and is unacceptable as a private citizen, and is destructive of Israel and Western values. Winston Churchill’s moral character was viewed by some of his contemporaries as lacking, but that’s not what mattered in defending against Nazism.

Personal morality is a good thing but unimportant in the fight to stop the left from tearing down Western culture by turning it into white supremacy, misogyny and all the rest.

We need Roy Moore to win. He understands the fight.

I hope the people of Alabama understand it as well.

And at this point, whether or not Moore wins and is seated, the Left has clobbered and beaten us but good with this charade.

Moore looked uncomfortable being asked to Deny allegations made by others?

That is Exactly the position the Dems have bulldozed us onto as a Party, as a Movement, as Conservatives.

Our Positions are what we'll be forced to defend from now on, not because they're right or wrong, but because the Rats framed this as a No Win.

If we supported Moore we were phonies because They said he was a Perv.

If we denounced Moore They Win because we LET them do it to us, Again, with Nothing More than Dem Hot Air and Allegations we dumped Moore because They said we had to.

And YET, and STILL, and FOREVER More, we will remain, The Party of Stupid, because we keep playing bridge while They keep playing Cage Fight #29.

How many people Right Here are STILL willing to tear Moore apart, because God commands them not to suffer a Pervert?

I love being a Republican, just love it.

We're the gang that not only voluntarily picks up the gun when the other side tells us to play Russian Roulette as they sit back and watch, we're the idiots who make sure that all 6 chambers are loaded.

"War is the continuation of politics by other means."
Von Clauswitz

"All warfare is based upon deception."
Sun Tzu.

• Wulf Anson Author
I don't consider anyone running on the same ticket with Lester Maddox to be 'moral'.

If this Moore Assassination should leave us with just one question, it should be What the hell makes us think bringing a Bible to a gunfight is a good idea?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Roy Moore is hardly the hill to make any last stand on.   He's unfit for the office he seeks, his bigotry makes me cringe, his willingness to ignore the law is appalling,  and he's certainly no loyal Republican,  just another self-styled rabble-rouser using our Party as his vehicle for advancement. 

It is shameful to see conservatives using the Clinton playbook to defend this man.   Clinton harassed, cheated and even raped, and the Dems defended him because their partisan priorities excused the degradations heaped on a few trailer-trash women.   Shouldn't we aspire to be better, less blatantly hypocritical,  than that?   

And if appealing to our better angels doesn't cut it, then consider this:  If Moore is elected, he'll tar each and every one of us - and ESPECIALLY Christian conservatives.   We'll be slimeballs no better than the Dems,  willing to excuse bad and tawdry behavior because he's our creep and not theirs.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

Its fine to be focused on moral character.

But those who are so focused should be moral enough themselves to wait until a charge is proven before condemning a person with a charge as serious as this.

I can be convinced that Moore is a 'sexual pervert' if someone can offer solid proof that he's deserving of the charge. He may have dated teenagers as a thirty year old bachelor some thirty or forty years ago. What else ya got?

Maybe I've missed something but at this point it all seems like politically convenient hearsay, some from sources with questionable credibility, to me.

Offline Hoodat

He's unfit for the office he seeks, his bigotry makes me cringe

What bigotry?  Do you have any examples?

his willingness to ignore the law is appalling

Again, do you have any examples?

Not defending Moore here, but if he is really the bad guy you believe him to be, then you should be able to come up with truthful examples.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Roy Moore is hardly the hill to make any last stand on.   He's unfit for the office he seeks, his bigotry makes me cringe, his willingness to ignore the law is appalling,  and he's certainly no loyal Republican,  just another self-styled rabble-rouser using our Party as his vehicle for advancement. 

It is shameful to see conservatives using the Clinton playbook to defend this man.   Clinton harassed, cheated and even raped, and the Dems defended him because their partisan priorities excused the degradations heaped on a few trailer-trash women.   Shouldn't we aspire to be better, less blatantly hypocritical,  than that?   

And if appealing to our better angels doesn't cut it, then consider this:  If Moore is elected, he'll tar each and every one of us - and ESPECIALLY Christian conservatives.   We'll be slimeballs no better than the Dems,  willing to excuse bad and tawdry behavior because he's our creep and not theirs.   

WOW... All that huh? And all you need is proof. Then all your crap means something. Right now the question is WHETHER the allegations are true. Conservatives don;t convict a man on hearsay.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What bigotry?  Do you have any examples?

Again, do you have any examples?

Not defending Moore here, but if he is really the bad guy you believe him to be, then you should be able to come up with truthful examples.

As a judge, he was reprimanded/removed twice for failing to follow the law.   That to me, makes him unfit for office.   As for his bigotry,  we're just going to have to agree to disagree.  To me, it's as clear as the nose on his face.  But you'll chalk it up to his religion.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
WOW... All that huh? And all you need is proof. Then all your crap means something. Right now the question is WHETHER the allegations are true. Conservatives don;t convict a man on hearsay.

No one's seeking a "conviction".   I just don't want his sorry bigoted hypocritical ass in the Senate.  I've been honest from the git-go regarding my motivations.   As to your demand for "proof",  there is none of the sort that will sway you.   It's he said, she said - and most dispassionate observers have concluded that Moore's accusers are credible.

You no doubt clucked in glee at the accusations leveled at Bill Clinton, and you've turn a blind eye to the accusations leveled at Roy Moore.  Your demand for "proof" is cynical - Moore's your boy,  your redneck, salt-of-the earth religious fanatic.  You'll defend him because you view him as a martyr for your cause - just as the Dems defended Clinton to the tune of two terms in the White House.       
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:14:44 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline skeeter

No one's seeking a "conviction".   I just don't want his sorry bigoted hypocritical ass in the Senate.   

Thats for the voters of Alabama to decide, thankfully.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Thats for the voters of Alabama to decide, thankfully.

I know - and unless Moore steps down, they'll decide to elect Doug Jones.