Author Topic: Roy Moore’s Wife Has Been Spreading Fake News and Misleading Endorsements Online  (Read 946 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Hits keep on coming...

...As Senate candidate Roy Moore faces another allegation of sexual misconduct—this time the assault of a minor—and leading Republicans call for him to step aside, his wife has been spreading misleading endorsements from religious leaders as well as falsehoods and fake stories, including the claim that the Washington Post paid the accusers to come forward.....

....After AL.com published the letter, several of the named pastors said they had not been contacted or asked about the allegations, and at least one asked for his name to be removed from the list.....

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/14/kayla_moore_roy_moore_s_wife_has_been_spreading_false_and_misleading_information.html

Offline DiogenesLamp

The "Slate"?   Really?   

Couldn't you find something on the Daily Kos?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

The "Slate"?   Really?   

Couldn't you find something on the Daily Kos?

Actually, you beat me by a second. As I like to do, I was about to post from a Conservative source as well when it is coming from both sides. In this case, Michelle Malkin's website.

BUSTED! Looks like Roy Moore’s wife’s been spreading FAKE NEWS to smear accuser

Roy Moore’s life Kayla is standing by her man. Unfortunately, she’s also standing on very shaky ground.
Earlier today, in an attempt to discredit Beverly Young Nelson, she shared this post on Facebook: .....

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2017/11/14/busted-looks-like-roy-moores-wifes-been-spreading-fake-news-to-smear-accuser/

Offline DiogenesLamp

Actually, you beat me by a second. As I like to do, I was about to post from a Conservative source as well when it is coming from both sides. In this case, Michelle Malkin's website.

I do have quite a bit of respect for Michelle Malkin.   Of course when it comes to Roy Moore,  i'm seeing a lot of prominent people on our side getting their news from the left,  and simply reacting as if all the accusations were true. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

I do have quite a bit of respect for Michelle Malkin.   Of course when it comes to Roy Moore,  i'm seeing a lot of prominent people on our side getting their news from the left,  and simply reacting as if all the accusations were true.

In this case, Michelle Malkin wasn't reporting what Slate or anyone else reported, but directly from Kayla Moore's FB page. IE, two different sides, different sources, coming to the same conclusion.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. You got some Twits to back up a Slate article. I'll bet there is an Instagram pic or two on the topic too. Maybe a Myspace article as well.

Offline ABX

Related from local media in Alabama.

Kayla Moore posts support from 50 pastors; 3 ask for their names to be removed

....In their letter, the pastors said Moore was an "immovable rock in the culture wars," and has met attacks with a "rare unconquerable resolve.".....

....After the letter was published on AL.com, Tijuanna Adetunji of the Fresh Anointing House of Worship in Montgomery, said she was not contacted about the letter and did not give permission for her name to be used.....

....Pastor Thad Endicott said he was not contacted about the most recent post from Kayla Moore......

....Endicott, pastor at Heritage Baptist Church, asked that his name be removed from the Moore endorsement.
A pastor from middle Tennessee said he was never asked to sign the original letter.
Dr. George Grant of Parish Presbyterian Church in Franklin, Tenneessee told WSMV he hadn't had contact with Moore personally in a decade and hadn't spoken to the Senate nominee's campaign since before the election.....

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/53_pastors_sign_letter_of_supp.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Slate isn't Salon, I don't totally condemn Slate and sometimes, you have to get news where you find it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Okay,  I followed the link and looked at the assertions.   They are pretty weak.   The headlines imply that Moore's wife is deliberately spreading false information,    but the evidence appears more to be that she's making hasty judgements,  and not knowingly spreading false information. 

She couldn't find any recent accounts of an "Old Hickory House",  so she concluded it was made up.   She was mistaken. 

She circulated a list of pastors that had previously endorsed Moore,   and the complaint is that she didn't check with them after the assertions about Moore had come forth,   to see if they still endorsed him.   

She probably just assumed they would stick by him.   

Very shaky evidence to assert/imply she is deliberately circulating fake news.   In fact,  I regard it as "fake news"  to claim that she is circulating fake news.   A more accurate title would be "Moore's Wife circulating inaccurate claims. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Wow. You got some Twits to back up a Slate article. I'll bet there is an Instagram pic or two on the topic too. Maybe a Myspace article as well.

I'm wondering who is this "Guy Benson"  character?   He seems to be going to a lot of trouble in an effort to prove Mrs Moore wrong. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

I'm wondering who is this "Guy Benson"  character?   He seems to be going to a lot of trouble in an effort to prove Mrs Moore wrong.

You don't know Guy Benson?  He is one of the top editors at Town Hall and listed as one of the top young Conservatives.
http://www.guybenson.org/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe if we all write letters to her, calling her a liar she'd quit the Senator race so we can get someone McConnell likes to run?  Maybe get the Governor to wave a magic to delay the election?

Seems like a good, sound idea to me...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:32:56 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

You don't know Guy Benson?  He is one of the top editors at Town Hall and listed as one of the top young Conservatives.
http://www.guybenson.org/

I read Town Hall only occasionally,   pretty much only because Kurt Schlichter posts there.   I'm not sure I read anyone else from that site. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

Very shaky evidence to assert/imply she is deliberately circulating fake news.   In fact,  I regard it as "fake news"  to claim that she is circulating fake news.   A more accurate title would be "Moore's Wife circulating inaccurate claims.

A more accurate title would be "Moore's Wife circulating inaccurate claims just like every other twitterpated idiot."

Funny how she should not retain the same as many others hereabouts.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A more accurate title would be "Moore's Wife circulating inaccurate claims just like every other twitterpated idiot."

Funny how she should not retain the same as many others hereabouts.
Either that, or the onus of being accused of anything in the court of public opinion is so great that these people are catching guff from parishoners and withdrawing to avoid it. Still, three or four out of 50, leaves the story that over 90% of that list haven't withdrawn support.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Either that, or the onus of being accused of anything in the court of public opinion is so great that these people are catching guff from parishoners and withdrawing to avoid it. Still, three or four out of 50, leaves the story that over 90% of that list haven't withdrawn support.

And they will have more affect on all this than all the rest combined.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

And they will have more affect on all this than all the rest combined.
In the minds of those who can't do sums, the braying of the media, and the princesses out there who feel the pea, yep. In the minds of those who have some sense of perspective, no. But frankly, I'd be looking for a different church if this proves to be the witch hunt I think it is.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

Not a Christian thing to do.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Oh, so now we're resorting to attacking family now? Real classy...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

The hits just keep coming.

BREAKING! RNC DUMPS Roy Moore!!
Nov. 14, 2017 6:08 pm by SooperMexican

The RNC has officially dumped the dude:
The Republican National Committee is withdrawing its support for besieged Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, leaving him increasingly isolated as he confronts charges of sexual misconduct with teenagers.

The RNC is pulling out of a joint fundraising agreement it had with Moore, according to a senior party official briefed on the decision. It is also canceling a field program it had set up ahead of the state’s Dec. 12 special election. The committee had about a dozen paid canvassers in Alabama working for Moore. It will no longer transfer any money to the race.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/breaking-rnc-dumps-roy-moore/#ixzz4ySISJjBx
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

News Flash:  The RNC has never backed Moore.  They hate him, always did.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

I don't care.  I have come to detest cowards.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

News Flash:  The RNC has never backed Moore.  They hate him, always did.
They dumped ten million into Strange's campaign. They're still trying to figure out a way to get a return on that investment.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Thank God!  Probably good for a couple of hundred thousand more votes for Moore!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien