Author Topic: US congress at centre of unsettling new sexual harassment claims involving indecent exposure and groping  (Read 361 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US congress at centre of unsettling new sexual harassment claims involving indecent exposure and groping
Representative Jackie Speier says she knows of two Congress members who sexually harassed staffers

Emily Shugerman New York
    Tuesday 14 November 2017 17:29 GMT

Members of the US Congress exposed their genitals to coworkers and grabbed victim’s private parts on the House floor, a female Representative has claimed.

Representative Jackie Speier spoke out about the “inexcusable” sexual harassment in Congress during a hearing of the Committee on House Administration. She told the committee she had been “inundated” by reports of sexual harassment on Capitol Hill ever since she began soliciting them via social media.

“From comments like ‘Are you going to be a good girl?,’ to harassers exposing their genitals, to victims having their private parts grabbed on the House floor, women and men have trusted me with their stories,” she said. “All they asked in return was that we fix our abusive system and hold the perpetrators accountable.”

Continued at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/sexual-harassment-congress-us-american-politicians-assault-jackie-speier-a8054826.html

This issue at least, is all over the place, politically in the nation, there are also 8 states dealing with this I heard.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I will laugh my butt off if some of these end up being ones who made comments on Roy Moore being guilty simply on accusations.

The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

I will laugh my butt off if some of these end up being ones who made comments on Roy Moore being guilty simply on accusations.

Why do you believe Jackie Spier?  They're just accusations and they weren't brought at the time they happened.

Let's not be a hypocrite.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Why do you believe Jackie Spier?  They're just accusations and they weren't brought at the time they happened.

Let's not be a hypocrite.

Why don't you believe her? Are hers of less credibility to you than those who are accusing Roy Moore?

If any Republicans are involved, shouldn't they resign immediately, simply because she accused? Especially if any asked Moore to withdraw?
The Republic is lost.