Author Topic: Three UCLA Basketball Players Suspended After Theft in China  (Read 629 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Three UCLA Basketball Players Suspended After Theft in China
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:46:00 am »
Three UCLA Basketball Players Suspended After Theft in China
Breitbart, Nov 15, 2017, AP

LOS ANGELES (AP) Three UCLA basketball players detained for shoplifting at three high-end stores in China publicly apologized Wednesday before coach Steve Alford announced they were being suspended indefinitely.

Freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley won’t be allowed to suit up, practice or travel with the team while the university continues to sort out the circumstances of last week’s incident in Hangzhou, China, Alford said during a news conference at Pauley Pavilion.

Ball, Hill and Riley took turns confessing to the theft and apologizing while also thanking President Donald Trump for intervening on their behalf with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping. The players had returned to Los Angeles on Tuesday after Chinese authorities withdrew the charges against them.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11/15/three-ucla-basketball-players-suspended-theft-china/

Online DB

Re: Three UCLA Basketball Players Suspended After Theft in China
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:59:55 am »
I do not understand why these players would do something like this.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Three UCLA Basketball Players Suspended After Theft in China
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:22:24 pm »
I do not understand why these players would do something like this.
Multiple choice:

1. Black privilege
2. Lack of parental guidance
3. Stupidity
4. All of the above
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington