Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27949 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2017, 02:09:37 am »

And sometimes people you don't like,  are really bad.   Bad on  the level of supporting partial birth abortion,  and men pretending to be female going into women's bathrooms.   

Sometimes you have to hold your nose and vote for the lesser bad to prevent a far worse bad.

@DiogenesLamp

No.  You don't vote for child molesters.  You never do that.

The fact that I just wrote that sentence made me realize with a shock how far down the slope we've slipped.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2017, 02:16:35 am »
Ted Cruz has withdrawn his support.  He's right to do so.

Yesterday I read about an attorney who used to work with Moore in Alabama.  She said people wondered why he hung out at shopping malls trying to meet young girls.  Guys, that's not normal.  Sometimes people you like just turn out to be bad...it's as simple as that.

I can't remember a single soul I could accuse of that from thirty years ago - Though I am sure they were there at the time. The clarity of these recollections is an amazement to me.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2017, 02:18:26 am »
@DiogenesLamp

The fact that I just wrote that sentence made me realize with a shock how far down the slope we've slipped.

You don't vote for child murders,   and you don't vote for pervert enablers.   

Sometimes you get dealt a bad hand.   

You play it,  and hope for a better hand in the future. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2017, 02:18:28 am »
I can't remember a single soul I could accuse of that from thirty years ago - Though I am sure they were there at the time. The clarity of these recollections is an amazement to me.

@roamer_1

Seems to be a lot of it coming out, for sure.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2017, 02:22:24 am »
To paraphrase Judge Wapner, the preponderance of evidence is what a reasonable man would believe to be true.
Let me remind you Wapner was in civil court, not criminal court, so a preponderance of evidence is appropriate for his venue.

For a conviction (criminal court), the standard remains one of 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

In the 'Court of public opinion', where Moore is being 'tried', it just requires large salacious headlines, scandal, repetition, and enough tongues wagging to affect global weather. Truth is irrelevant.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2017, 02:23:51 am »

There are two who accused him of sexual impropriety.   The other three women said he hugged and kissed them,   but nothing more than that.   Ironically that serves as a character witness for his behavior. 

What..lol geez 22222frying pan 22222frying pan 22222frying pan 22222frying pan

When I was a young guy some folks would occasionally want me to run for some political office...I would always decline knowing I had lead a far too interesting a life  :whistle: to ever be elected and had I been elected the chicks would eventually come to roost.. :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2017, 02:23:57 am »
We didn't have many shopping malls in the late '70s, and they were a big deal. Those were big town things.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2017, 02:25:30 am »
@DiogenesLamp

Slipped far enough to call fellows interested in young ladies past the age of consent child molesters?

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:23 am »
Accusations from 40 years ago?
(Well, ok, just THIRTY SEVEN OR THIRTY EIGHT years ago)

Now?

Sorry ladies.
That's too many years gone by, too much water under the bridge.
You should have come forward sooner, because your claims carry no weight now.
At least not with me.

I'd still vote for Moore if I could.
And I believe he's still in a position to win.
Saw a poll out a day or two ago (reported today) that shows the race with Moore ahead 55-45.

What this tells me is that Alabamans ain't buyin' what the northeastern elites are trying to sell them. And I think today's "accusations" may just make them double-down all the more.
I could be wrong.
We'll see.

But if Moore gets elected, that's only the beginning of the fireworks.
Saw another report today where Moore said (in a tweet) that McConnell is the one who should resign.
Judge Moore is literally throwin' down the gauntlet before the Senate.

But hey, guess what?
The Senate CANNOT REFUSE TO SEAT HIM, having been duly elected by his state.
That was settled by the U.S. Supreme Court in a case brought by Adam Clayton Powell in 1969.

If they try to expel him after he's sworn in, there's gonna be hell to pay.
They better think long and hard before they act.
But most of those Senators, well, I just don't seem them as being much smarter than I am.
And I never thought I was that smart a guy (sigh).

Yet dumb as I am, I know one thing:
When this is over, even if Moore is removed, the damage the Republicans do TO THEMSELVES by so doing is going to ruin their chances for 2018.

Judge Roy Moore for U.S. Senate!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:01:47 am by Fishrrman »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2017, 03:02:53 am »

Don't have a dog in this fight...

But actually the clarity of someones recollection does not amaze me. I have often ran into folks I may not have seen for 40-50 years and they will bring up something about someone we both knew and suddenly those long forgotten memories are crystal clear.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2017, 03:12:18 am »
Accusations from 40 years ago?
(Well, ok, just THIRTY SEVEN OR THIRTY EIGHT years ago)

Now?

Sorry ladies.
That's too many years gone by, too much water under the bridge.
You should have come forward sooner, because your claims carry no weight now.
At least not with me.

I'd still vote for Moore if I could.
And I believe he's still in a position to win.
Saw a poll out a day or two ago (reported today) that shows the race with Moore ahead 55-45.

What this tells me is that Alabamans ain't buyin' what the northeastern elites are trying to sell them. And I think today's "accusations" may just make them double-down all the more.
I could be wrong.
We'll see.

But if Moore gets elected, that's only the beginning of the fireworks.
Saw another report today where Moore said (in a tweet) that McConnell is the one who should resign.
Judge Moore is literally throwin' down the gauntlet before the Senate.

But hey, guess what?
The Senate CANNOT REFUSE TO SEAT HIM, having been duly elected by his state.
That was settled by the U.S. Supreme Court in a case brought by Adam Clayton Powell in 1969.

If they try to expel him after he's sworn in, there's gonna be hell to pay.
They better think long and hard before they act.
But most of those Senators, well, I just don't seem them as being much smarter than I am.
And I never thought I was that smart a guy (sigh).

Yet dumb as I am, I know one thing:
When this is over, even if Moore is removed, the damage the Republicans do TO THEMSELVES by so doing is going to ruin their chances for 2018.

Judge Roy Moore for U.S. Senate!
According to Lou Dobbs on FBN just now, Moore is still polling ahead by 4 points. McConnell and others trying to tell Alabamans what to do likely will not go over well.

The last Senate expulsion was in 1848.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:13:12 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2017, 03:19:08 am »
Don't have a dog in this fight...

But actually the clarity of someones recollection does not amaze me. I have often ran into folks I may not have seen for 40-50 years and they will bring up something about someone we both knew and suddenly those long forgotten memories are crystal clear.  :shrug:

Sure, me too - but not with the granularity of something like this...

My only dog in this hunt is the offense against a man's honor, simply on the say-so of tongue wagglers. 'Where there's smoke there's fire' - as has been recently quoted to me... Alright fine. fire is easy enough to find. So show me the fire.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2017, 03:24:15 am »
Sure, me too - but not with the granularity of something like this...

My only dog in this hunt is the offense against a man's honor, simply on the say-so of tongue wagglers. 'Where there's smoke there's fire' - as has been recently quoted to me... Alright fine. fire is easy enough to find. So show me the fire.

Five women, 30 sources, Moore's admission he dated teenagers with their mother's permission.

Then, there's this:

Roy Moore's penchant for flirting with teen girls was "common knowledge" and "not a big secret" around Gadsden, according to some area residents.[/quote)

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gadsden_residents_say_moores_b.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2017, 03:26:32 am »
I wonder if this Roy's favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkR7u_sOtHI
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2017, 03:28:20 am »
Five women, 30 sources, Moore's admission he dated teenagers with their mother's permission.

Well hiya Sink! Haven't seen you in a month of sundays!

And 40 years of exemplary service, Several times in the national spotlight several times to election, and one time for sure in the full glare of every hate-filled thing the left can spew (10 Commandments) and not a peep. Not a peep at all.

Now, suddenly and very conveeeeeeniently....

Bullshit.

And I don't care a whit that he was courtin gals with the consent of their mother. Nothing wrong with that at all.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:30:25 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2017, 03:28:36 am »

Then, there's this:

Oh effing great. Who let you out of your padded cell?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:29:11 am by Frank Cannon »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:20 am »

:laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:51 am »
   Welcome back @sinkspur
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2017, 03:36:29 am »

You don't vote for child murders,   and you don't vote for pervert enablers.   

Sometimes you get dealt a bad hand.   

You play it,  and hope for a better hand in the future.

@DiogenesLamp

When you get that kind of a hand, you say, okay, I’m not going to lose my soul over politics.  You understand there are more important things.  And you say, I’m sitting this dark mess out.

We give a lot of lip service to God being in control,  but when it comes down to it, we panic and we think He can’t possibly do it without our help.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2017, 03:36:55 am »
Well hiya Sink! Haven't seen you in a month of sundays!

And 40 years of exemplary service, Several times in the national spotlight several times to election, and one time for sure in the full glare of every hate-filled thing the left can spew (10 Commandments) and not a peep. Not a peep at all.

Now, suddenly and very conveeeeeeniently....

Bullshit.

And I don't care a whit that he was courtin gals with the consent of their mother. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Believe the women or not. In the era of Weinstein and Spacey, lots of people have been empowered to come forward, people who had kept hidden their dark secrets for years.  The shoe's on the other foot now.  Women are to be believed, no matter when they come forward.

I lived with this in the Catholic Church, where kids were ridiculed because they didn't tell their parents about their parish priests.  Yashir Ali of Huffington Post hosted a thread on Friday night of women and men, anonymously, sharing their tales of abuse.  By night's end, there were over a hundred of these, most of whom had never shared their stories with anybody.

These power plays are now going to be exposed, no matter who the perps are.  And we can all be thankful for it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2017, 03:37:46 am »

Hiya Frank.  Always a warm welcome from you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2017, 03:46:52 am »
Slipped far enough to call fellows interested in young ladies past the age of consent child molesters?

@Smokin Joe

He molested a 14 year old, did you forget?  That was no slip.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2017, 03:49:26 am »

Believe the women or not. In the era of Weinstein and Spacey, lots of people have been empowered to come forward, people who had kept hidden their dark secrets for years.  The shoe's on the other foot now.  Women are to be believed, no matter when they come forward.

I lived with this in the Catholic Church, where kids were ridiculed because they didn't tell their parents about their parish priests.  Yashir Ali of Huffington Post hosted a thread on Friday night of women and men, anonymously, sharing their tales of abuse.  By night's end, there were over a hundred of these, most of whom had never shared their stories with anybody.

These power plays are now going to be exposed, no matter who the perps are.  And we can all be thankful for it.

Yah right whatever... I can see why you have a sensitivity.

But this is rural Alabama.

That kind of dog don't hunt around there, and it don't matter a bit how powerful the dignitary may be. Sexual assault is a blood libel against a whole family. At the very least he'd have been run out of town. At the most he'd have been disappeared 3s style.

No record of any such going on. Not a single time where somebody's daddy or big brother taught him from the good book... no charges proffered, no hospital bills. Everyone just shut up and let him have his way, including the (even then) democrat press, who would have hated him with a passion for changing to GOP. They've had the long knives out for Roy Moore from a long, long time ago.

Yet not a PEEP of it in the press. Not a peep from the families. Not a peep from the community.

Common secret my ass.
It's bullshit.
It's a witch hunt.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2017, 03:55:07 am »

That kind of dog don't hunt around there, and it don't matter a bit how powerful the dignitary may be. Sexual assault is a blood libel against a whole family. At the very least he'd have been run out of town. At the most he'd have been disappeared 3s style.

No record of any such going on. Not a single time where somebody's daddy or big brother taught him from the good book... no charges proffered, no hospital bills. Everyone just shut up and let him have his way, including the (even then) democrat press, who would have hated him with a passion for changing to GOP. They've had the long knives out for Roy Moore from a long, long time ago.

Yet not a PEEP of it in the press. Not a peep from the families. Not a peep from the community.

Common secret my ass.
It's bullshit.
It's a witch hunt.

So you don't believe these women. 

Don't tie yourself to that to tightly.  There are more to come. Pederasts never stop with one or four or five.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2017, 03:56:33 am »

Common secret my ass.
It's bullshit.
It's a witch hunt.

And there was an understanding in the community:

Gadsden locals say Moore's predatory behavior at mall, restaurants not a secret

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gadsden_residents_say_moores_b.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home