Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27990 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2017, 01:15:06 am »
If this was a strategy from the GOPe swamp, they would have used it during the primaries to help Strange.

It may not have presented itself at that time.    From what i've read at other places,   McConnell knew of these accusations long before they were released to the public,   but I would suspect the origin of this is the Democrat side of the Swamp.  Specifically that Jones supporting accuser.   I believe she is the one that contacted the Washington Post to help them create this story. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2017, 01:16:31 am »

The Democrats will vote Jones,   and if Republicans split the ticket,  it's going to be Jones.
There is one potential way out: Alabama requires absolute majority of votes. If none poll a majority, it goes to runoff.

The write-in would have to finish first, or second but deny Jones a majority, for that to be plausible.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2017, 01:17:27 am »
What's the count up to now?  One woman making an allegation is one thing, but 5 or 6 certainly starts to sound more serious...especially if they are independent stories.

There are two who accused him of sexual impropriety.   The other three women said he hugged and kissed them,   but nothing more than that.   Ironically that serves as a character witness for his behavior. 

Vote how you want, but a write in campaign is still an option.

If you want Jones elected.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 01:21:30 am »
There is one potential way out: Alabama requires absolute majority of votes. If none poll a majority, it goes to runoff.

The write-in would have to finish first, or second but deny Jones a majority, for that to be plausible.

That is a "hail Mary pass."    It is just as likely to produce a runoff between Moore and Jones,  and Alabamans would just have to do the whole thing over again.   

I think Moore's supporters will beat out in numbers,  whomever is the "write in"  candidate. 

The "write ins"  will come from the Republican side.   It will only effectively split the Republican vote.   The Democrat vote will be solidly behind Jones.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 01:31:58 am »

Are we then to gain useful knowledge from perusing Liberal sites and magazines?    If any such exists there,   you would be searching for a needle in a haystack to find it.

YES. The very reason I am very conversant with the occult and profane as a Christian. There is much value in knowing what the other side is doing.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2017, 01:32:11 am »

Didn't vote.   Said she was a "Trump" voter.   

There is a principle in law given by the Latin phrase   "Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus"  that means if you lie about one thing,   you are not to be believed about anything.   

I believe this woman has lied about being a "Trump" voter.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2017, 01:35:28 am »

Yes,  this has moved the preponderance of the evidence against Moore,   but it doesn't change the larger moral question involved.   

WHAT EVIDENCE????
It's all hearsay, incidental, or circumstantial.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2017, 01:36:22 am »

There are two who accused him of sexual impropriety.   The other three women said he hugged and kissed them,   but nothing more than that.   Ironically that serves as a character witness for his behavior. 

Those three were of age, legally, and said it was consensual.
Not molestation, no matter how you define that.

That leaves one with a questionable allegation, and an add-on (double down), both of whom remember pretty doggone vivid details--which reeks of possible coaching.

The devil's in the details. What 'old' cars had power locks in 1977?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2017, 01:36:48 am »
Caveat:  I grew up in Alabama, cast my first vote there. 

Alabama voters do NOT like Northeast liberal elites telling them how they should vote.  Mitch & company should be careful not to push too hard, or Moore will be elected out of spite.

Personally, I'd never vote for him, but I live in another state, so my opinion doesn't matter here.  However, I have family there, so I'm not entirely unbiased.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2017, 01:38:56 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I have read the Communist Manifesto, I'll admit but don't recall reading the Nation, though possible.
      I thought the 'smirking' Trump was the perfect symbolism for the abstract thought I was trying to convey but if Truth be told I was probably trolling and only Frank cares.

@corbe

Which is always important, of course.

Offline Major Confusion

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:06 am »
@corbe

Which is always important, of course.

Channeling my inner Luke Skywalker, I care!

Offline Major Confusion

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:11 am »

I have no dog in this fight.  But people I care about do.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:46:03 am by Major Confusion »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 01:43:09 am »
WHAT EVIDENCE????
A "preponderance" of evidence is the standard for civil cases, not a criminal charge, which must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Major Confusion

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2017, 01:45:12 am »
A "preponderance" of evidence is the standard for civil cases, not a criminal charge, which must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

To paraphrase Judge Wapner, the preponderance of evidence is what a reasonable man would believe to be true.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2017, 01:46:03 am »
WHAT EVIDENCE????

Two accusers make the claims more credible.   It is possible that both women are lying,   but it is easier to claim this of one than of two.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 01:48:12 am »

FINE. It still needs to be evidence, which in this case, is NONE. Recollections from forty years ago.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 01:48:53 am »
Those three were of age, legally, and said it was consensual.
Not molestation, no matter how you define that.

That leaves one with a questionable allegation, and an add-on (double down), both of whom remember pretty doggone vivid details--which reeks of possible coaching.

The devil's in the details. What 'old' cars had power locks in 1977?

I don't think it matters.   If the car had power locks,   he would not have allegedly needed to reach across to lock her door.   

Also,   didn't all power door lock systems have lock and unlock controls on both doors?   I've never heard of a power door lock system with only one lock/unlock switch. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2017, 01:50:17 am »
I have no dog in this fight.  But people I care about do.

And which way are they leaning?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2017, 01:53:58 am »

I don't think it matters.   If the car had power locks,   he would not have allegedly needed to reach across to lock her door.   

Also,   didn't all power door lock systems have lock and unlock controls on both doors?   I've never heard of a power door lock system with only one lock/unlock switch.

The feature you are talking about is the master lockout switch - not available till far into computerization. The master switch, controlled by the driver, or sometimes either front seat, prevents the electric locks and electric windows from operating. But it didn't then, nor does it yet (to my knowledge) prevent the mechanical lock form operation on the door itself.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2017, 01:54:10 am »

In the court of public opinion,  you don't have to have any evidence.  All you need is accusations.   

So long as the person you are attacking doesn't have the media megaphone behind them,   you can get away with it.    If they are someone like Bill Clinton,   the massive media-weapon will attack their opponents and cover up for actual crimes.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Major Confusion

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2017, 01:54:30 am »

And which way are they leaning?

The wrong way, imho.  I'd much rather see them write in Strange or Sessions than vote for Moore.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2017, 01:57:13 am »
The feature you are talking about is the master lockout switch - not available till far into computerization. The master switch, controlled by the driver, or sometimes either front seat, prevents the electric locks and electric windows from operating. But it didn't then, nor does it yet (to my knowledge) prevent the mechanical lock form operation on the door itself.

I wasn't talking about a lockout switch,   and from my recollection,  they lock out the windows.   I'm not sure they lock out the lock control.   

I'm just saying that if a car had power door locks,  it had switches on both sides to unlock them.   

I don't think this car had power door locks,   because if it did,   Moore would not have allegedly needed to reach across her to lock it.   He could have done it from the control no his side. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2017, 01:59:59 am »
Ted Cruz has withdrawn his support.  He's right to do so.

Yesterday I read about an attorney who used to work with Moore in Alabama.  She said people wondered why he hung out at shopping malls trying to meet young girls.  Guys, that's not normal.  Sometimes people you like just turn out to be bad...it's as simple as that.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2017, 02:01:35 am »
The wrong way, imho.  I'd much rather see them write in Strange or Sessions than vote for Moore.

And why do you wish for something you cannot possibly have?   I wanted Cruz instead of Trump,   but once it became clear that this was no longer a possibility,   I resigned myself to having to support Trump over that witch-Nazi Hillary.   

The only way strange can win is if a write in vote makes him ahead of Moore in a runoff election that doesn't give Jones a majority.    That is a long shot.    I think Moore is going to definitely be ahead of any write in candidate because his supporters are determined and full of passion.   

If a runoff occurs,  it will likely be between Jones and Moore,  so the whole thing will just be a waste of everyone's time. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2017, 02:04:24 am »
Ted Cruz has withdrawn his support.  He's right to do so.

Yesterday I read about an attorney who used to work with Moore in Alabama.  She said people wondered why he hung out at shopping malls trying to meet young girls.  Guys, that's not normal.  Sometimes people you like just turn out to be bad...it's as simple as that.

And sometimes people you don't like,  are really bad.   Bad on  the level of supporting partial birth abortion,  and men pretending to be female going into women's bathrooms.   

Sometimes you have to hold your nose and vote for the lesser bad to prevent a far worse bad.   

— Lord Melbourne —