Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27943 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:22 pm »
There is a good chance a write-in candidate will come up... and someone then, won't have to make the choice of the current two.

Luther Strange has not done well on DACA; but that is about the only thing. He is definitely pro-life...

The Democrats will vote Jones,   and if Republicans split the ticket,  it's going to be Jones.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 11:56:51 pm »

The Democrats will vote Jones,   and if Republicans split the ticket,  it's going to be Jones.

But as has been pointed out, Murkowski won as a write-in in Alaska.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/18/us/politics/18alaska.html

So, I'm not a fan of hers but this has already been discussed.

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:23 am »
   What's all the fuss about didn't they put 'Groping' in the Party Platform last year.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 12:09:15 am »
   What's all the fuss about didn't they put 'Groping' in the Party Platform last year.

Can you prove it? Your photo is to the Nation, left wing source.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 12:09:40 am »

She was a sitting Senator with name recognition.   I also think it was a corrupt deal.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:11 am »

Good catch.   Why would someone on our side be reading "the nation"   and linking to images from there?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:47 am »

She was a sitting Senator with name recognition.   I also think it was a corrupt deal.

And Alabama is probably a deeper red than Alaska, a more conservative state. There might be a number of variables in play.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 12:19:13 am »

With her daddy's huge political machine behind her.

Offline corbe

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 12:29:30 am »

@TomSea @DiogenesLamp

It's finally out, my appreciation for certain Trump MUG SHOTS on the net make me a dem/russian troll here, thanks for 'outing me'. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:40 am »
     @TomSea @DiogenesLamp

It's finally out, my appreciation for certain Trump MUG SHOTS on the net make me a dem/russian troll here, thanks for 'outing me'. 

When you are assisting the enemy in disseminating their propaganda,  how are you benefiting your side? 

They doubtlessly chose that photo for the same reason you like it.   It apparently says something derogatory towards Trump if you have the right frame of mind to demean him. 

In my view,  it just makes him look like a New Yorker. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 12:40:55 am »

Good catch.   Why would someone on our side be reading "the nation"   and linking to images from there?
@DiogenesLamp

I wonder what "your side" means.  Are you saying "The Side of Willful Ignorance"...the side that puts its head in the sand rather than read various sources to get a broad, informed view?

That stands in sharp contrast to the conservative side, which is built on information, not ad hominem.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline corbe

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 12:42:09 am »
   I was way out of line there fellas, here's the official twitter photo

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 12:46:14 am »

Logistics are a lot easier for a write in campaign in a state of 250,000 voters versus 2,000,000.

I don't think it can be done in AL, esp. in the time frame they're up against..
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 12:47:01 am »

Sneerer in Chief....lol
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2017, 12:50:03 am »
     @TomSea @DiogenesLamp

@corbe

Don't worry about it, a curious mind and reading varied sources doesn't make you a liberal.  I would really like to see our side get over the notion that anything besides "approved" reading, etc makes you suspect.  It's very TOSlike.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 12:52:23 am »
@DiogenesLamp

I wonder what "your side" means.  Are you saying "The Side of Willful Ignorance"...the side that puts its head in the sand rather than read various sources to get a broad, informed view?

That stands in sharp contrast to the conservative side, which is built on information, not ad hominem.

Seeing how you are out of the gate to defend Joe Biden and seem to be a pro-choicer, perhaps of whom we are skeptical should be a question all should ask.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 12:52:37 am »
@DiogenesLamp

Are we then to gain useful knowledge from perusing Liberal sites and magazines?    If any such exists there,   you would be searching for a needle in a haystack to find it.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 12:55:32 am »
In another venue, I read about the statute of limitations in regards to that case. I'm sorry for the confusion and turmoil with Moore, I think he's had some of his moral authority undermined, I'm sorry for these women if true but the statute of limitations all the same means that...

We've had Ted Kennedy in the Senate, people like Bubba and Ms. Clinton in powerful places in the government and there are many more. Most of these people have been democrats.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 12:56:14 am »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 12:58:01 am »
Over at TOS,  I just read that her voter registration was "inactive."   If this turns out to be true,   then it sounds like she is already caught in a lie.   

I believe I read that she claims to be a "Trump"  voter.     If your voter registration is "inactive",   how can you be a Trump voter?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online DB

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 01:02:37 am »

If we are leaving it to God,  I believe he has this thing called "redemption."    Can a man be redeemed for something he did 40 years ago by living an exemplary life ever since?   

If Moore did touch those girls/women,   they should have put it behind them already.   

Once again,  we are down to a binary choice.   There is no "none of the above"  option on the ballot.   It will be Moore,  or it will be Jones. 

Moore may or may not have touched some girls inappropriately 40 years ago.   Jones advocates partial birth abortion right now.   (And transgenders using girls bathrooms,  and all the usual Democrat insanity.)   

People would have us be "penny wise and pound foolish."   

Redemption can only come when one admits the transgression and asks for forgiveness. And if you know you did the deed and are publicly calling those who are calling you on it "liars" - you deserve total scorn. You are willfully worsening the injury to others due to your previous abusive actions all to avoid the consequences.

I don't know what happened here. With more than one accuser combined with known questionable behavior the benefit of the doubt has to go to the accusers it seems to me.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 01:05:16 am »
Regardless of guilt or innocence the GOPe has already determined that he is guilty and his career is over...unless there becomes overwhelming evidence that these women lied.

What's the count up to now?  One woman making an allegation is one thing, but 5 or 6 certainly starts to sound more serious...especially if they are independent stories.

Vote how you want, but a write in campaign is still an option.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline corbe

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 01:05:42 am »

@corbe

Don't worry about it, a curious mind and reading varied sources doesn't make you a liberal.  I would really like to see our side get over the notion that anything besides "approved" reading, etc makes you suspect.  It's very TOSlike.

@CatherineofAragon

I have read the Communist Manifesto, I'll admit but don't recall reading the Nation, though possible.
      I thought the 'smirking' Trump was the perfect symbolism for the abstract thought I was trying to convey but if Truth be told I was probably trolling and only Frank cares.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 01:12:31 am »

Yes,  the swamp is going all out to get him.    Both the Democrats and the Republicans are trying everything of which they can think to stop him from getting into the Senate.

If this was a strategy from the GOPe swamp, they would have used it during the primaries to help Strange.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 01:12:37 am »
Redemption can only come when one admits the transgression and asks for forgiveness. And if you know you did the deed and are publicly calling those who are calling you on it "liars" - you deserve total scorn. You are willfully worsening the injury to others due to your previous abusive actions all to avoid the consequences.

And what sort of injury is it to destroy a man's life for something you claim he did 40 years ago?   Does that balance the scales?   

Something that apparently wasn't important enough for you to address during multiple opportunities over four decades,  is now so burningly important that you just can't contain yourself any longer? 

I would say that if there was to be a reckoning,  it should have happened decades ago,   and now the people who will be injured by her silence are the people of Alabama,  who would have perhaps made a different choice had she spoken out sooner.   

I don't know what happened here. With more than one accuser combined with known questionable behavior the benefit of the doubt has to go to the accusers it seems to me.

Yes,  this has moved the preponderance of the evidence against Moore,   but it doesn't change the larger moral question involved.   

The opponent is still an advocate for baby murder and homosexuals in women's bathrooms.  (Among his support for other Liberal insanity.)   

They are going to have to accuse Moore of much worse than this to change that calculus. 

— Lord Melbourne —