Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27968 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »
Remind me again of how many women falsely accused Herman Cain? And how
many falsely accused Donald Trump? This is SOP for the uniparty.

How do you know they were false? 

They were all believable.  And Trump said he was going to sue them.  How many has he sued? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2017, 03:13:00 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Last night I read the accounts of people who had responsible jobs in the mall of that town at that time and they all knew Moore had been banned from the mall for soliciting sex from teenagers in the mall.

Moore, being a deputy district attorney at the time, had the power to hurt anyone who would make public what he did.  No one, even adults, would go against him.  Now, they can and they are. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2017, 03:15:27 pm »
How do you know they were false? 

They were all believable.  And Trump said he was going to sue them.  How many has he sued?

Because nothing ever came of them.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »
@INVAR

Moore had a reputation, too. 

To believe that all of these people are lying strains credulity.

I’m sorry you allow partisanship to color your objectivity.

For INVAR, it's not partisanship, it's that Moore is his kind of bigoted assclown.   He thinks most Republicans are out to get and silence the bigoted assclowns.   He'll keep defending Moore even if he were to sign an affidavit admitting all the accusations are true.   After all,  Mary was a teenager . . .  *****rollingeyes*****
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2017, 03:21:58 pm »
For INVAR, it's not partisanship, it's that Moore is his kind of bigoted assclown.

Says the king of bigoted Leftist assclowns on this board.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:01 pm »
If this Old Hickory House has been around for 40 some odd years, then why isn’t there any reviews of it anywhere? Even Facebook has a made up page with no details. Nothing on Yelp either. Saw one page where it had only 4 employees and made only 100 grand a year.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:36 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Well, as I noted over and over on the Fight Club thread, and which I’m sure you saw, I wasn’t sure at the time.  It looked that way to me.  But now, after all of this from people n Alabama?  A cop saying he was banned from the mall for harassing teenaged girls?  Heck yeah, I think he’s guilty.

And it’s fine for me to think so.  I’m not “convicting” him and there IS no need for a judge or jury—-he isn’t on trial.  Politicians are tried in the court of public opinion. 

This guy’s life isn’t going to be ruined by denying him higher office. 

So if he’s guilty, she might have been partially to blame, because men in their thirties cruise malls for kids all the time.   But if not, cut out her tongue.  I’m thinking another body part would be more suitable for removal, and it isn’t hers.
The hell he isn't on trial, it's trial by Media.

It is as common as cat crap in a litter box nowadays, and even here, half a dozen of you are calling for him to surrender a hard fought candidacy over allegations.

That, considering the effort, etc. put forth to get that far would represent being deprived of something he has worked for without due process of law. It's the same sort of character assassination carried out against another candidate, and as I said, if the charges have merit--IF, then he should step down--and IF he knowingly groped some girl younger than the age of consent or against her will, then produce the evidence and at least give the man a chance to be exonerated.

This sort of smear reeks of seven mistresses and daddy killing JFK. It has that same stink to it. 

I'm not sure how fast malls went up in Alabama, but I grew up 50 miles from Washington DC and knew of one by 1974. I really doubt there were multiple malls in a town in Alabama in 1977, or that Moore--or anyone else-- had a reputation built for 'cruising for young girls' in malls there in 1977. There might have been one in town.

What has me floored, though, aside from a couple of usual suspects, is the absolute determination some on this board have to hang this guy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:47:58 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2017, 03:36:12 pm »
No. Like Foster Brooks.

You're getting close:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2017, 03:39:19 pm »

It is as common as cat crap in a litter box nowadays, and even here, half a dozen of you are calling for him to surrender a hard fought candidacy over allegations.

That, considering the effort, etc. put forth to get that far would represent being deprived of something he has worked for without due process of law. It's the same sort of character assassination carried out against another candidate, and as I said, if the charges have merit--IF, then he should step down--and IF he knowingly groped some girl younger than the age of consent or against her will, then produce the evidence and at least give the man a chance to be exonerated.

This sort of smear reeks of seven mistresses and daddy killing JFK. It has that same stink to it.
Agree. That’s why these sleezeballs do it. It’s so easy to make allegations in the court of public opinion because they don’t have to prove their facts beyond a reasonable doubt. Just put it out there in the media, even paid for by the media, and wammo they’re guilty. Pathetic state of affairs in this country.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »
If this Old Hickory House has been around for 40 some odd years, then why isn’t there any reviews of it anywhere? Even Facebook has a made up page with no details. Nothing on Yelp either. Saw one page where it had only 4 employees and made only 100 grand a year.

Maybe people in Gadsden don't leave reviews. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2017, 03:43:45 pm »
Maybe people in Gadsden don't leave reviews.
So Gadsden never gets tourists, the very people likely to leave reviews? Tell that to the Chamber of Commerce.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2017, 03:44:24 pm »

Really?  Ole Mitch McConnell realizes we're at a turning point.  Weinstein, Spacey, Louis CK have demonstrated that women don't lie about these kinds of things, that they don't tell because of fear they won't be believed, and, as the reaction has demonstrated, they don't tell because of how they'll be treated by defenders.

If the Grand Old Pederast party wants to go into next year's elections defending Roy Moore, good luck with that.  Is losing Congress worth defending this unfit candidate?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2017, 03:46:34 pm »
Because nothing ever came of them.

LOL!! Those women are still around and they haven't backed off their accusations.  Trump told you the way he acted toward women in the Access Hollywood tape, and you still won't believe him.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2017, 03:46:58 pm »

Not that difficult to find, and most of these are old listings and reviews, from 2013 and before. (yes, some jokers added a review in the past week but there are also reviews from 2011 and 2013)

https://www.mapquest.com/us/alabama/old-hickory-house-363661604
https://www.yelp.com/biz/old-hickory-house-gadsden?adjust_creative=bing&utm_campaign=yelp_feed&utm_medium=feed_v2&utm_source=bing

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2017, 03:47:55 pm »
Is losing Congress worth defending this unfit candidate?

If they lose Congress it will be due to their doing jack shit that they promised their constituents for 7 years leading up to the last election and  acting like Democrats and supporting the Democrat agenda.  It's NOT going to be due the fact that the voters in Alabama elect Moore to represent them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Hoodat

« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2017, 03:48:20 pm »

'Old Hickory House' is a chain.  We have a few here in Atlanta.  Or at least we used to.  I know of one in Dunwoody and another near Ansley Park.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2017, 03:48:52 pm »
Really?  Ole Mitch McConnell realizes we're at a turning point.  Weinstein, Spacey, Louis CK have demonstrated that women don't lie about these kinds of things, that they don't tell because of fear they won't be believed, and, as the reaction has demonstrated, they don't tell because of how they'll be treated by defenders.

If the Grand Old Pederast party wants to go into next year's elections defending Roy Moore, good luck with that.  Is losing Congress worth defending this unfit candidate?

What Ole Mitch knows is that if Roy Moore became a senator he will then have TWO straight arrow constitutionalist to deal with in that place! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2017, 03:49:24 pm »

So is McConnell more principled than Moore? Forget their background

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2017, 03:51:24 pm »
LOL!! Those women are still around and they haven't backed off their accusations.  Trump told you the way he acted toward women in the Access Hollywood tape, and you still won't believe him.

So why haven't they pursued those accusations in courts of law?  Inquiring minds want to know!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
So why haven't they pursued those accusations in courts of law?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Not to go too off topic, but many of the Trump accusers did pursue the accusations in court. Trump went after them with high priced lawyers and settled many, many cases to make them go away.

Just one example: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/exclusive-inside-the-donald-trump-sexual-assault-lawsuit/

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2017, 03:55:48 pm »
Not that difficult to find, and most of these are old listings and reviews, from 2013 and before. (yes, some jokers added a review in the past week but there are also reviews from 2011 and 2013)

https://www.mapquest.com/us/alabama/old-hickory-house-363661604
https://www.yelp.com/biz/old-hickory-house-gadsden?adjust_creative=bing&utm_campaign=yelp_feed&utm_medium=feed_v2&utm_source=bing

The sign on the front says celebrating 40 years. So it could be that old when the women say her was a regular for years.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2017, 04:01:24 pm »

Depending on the source the best estimates are that only 34% to 50% of rapes/sexual assaults are reported to police.  Of those that are reported a very small percentage result in jail time.  Again depending on the source.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2017, 04:03:09 pm »
You're kidding.  It's identical. 

You're not defending Roy Moore, are you?  You believe his lame-assed response over these five women?
As a teenager, I was falsely accused of some serious threats (non-sexual) by five teenage girls. They all took back their accusations against me, and most apologized. Maybe that's why I have more of a tendency to give the accused the benefit of the doubt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2017, 04:03:59 pm »
Depending on the source the best estimates are that only 34% to 50% of rapes/sexual assaults are reported to police.  Of those that are reported a very small percentage result in jail time.  Again depending on the source.

So you go out of your way 40 years later to tarnish a person, because you don’t want to appear foolish?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2017, 04:05:07 pm »

And that proves what exactly with regard to what is being discussed here?

- J. R. R. Tolkien