Author Topic: New Roy Moore accuser comes forward: Watch live, updates from press conference  (Read 4764 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is new. Supposedly, Moore was banned from a mall in the 80s for creeping on teenage girls. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

Offline DiogenesLamp

Funny how everyone is thinking "dating" (the euphamism used by strippers who sell it on the side) is sex, how "underage" means under 18 or under 21, but is being conflated with single digits, and yes, even that he pushed the button and locked all the doors, even though that wouldn't be an option for a while, and not standard for decades.

To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say "Merry Christmas", Christmas 1977 Love, Roy Moore, DA 12-22-1977

This is an indication of obsessive sexual compulsion? **nononono*

We know one thing about Democrats, when it doesn't work, they double down, caught in a lie, they double down. Always.

Isn't the date on this "after"  the alleged assault?    If she is upset with what he did,   why would she want him to sign her yearbook?   And at nearly Christmas?   

Why is she getting her yearbook signed around Christmas?   Don't those come out in the spring?   Was it the yearbook for the 76-77 school year?   

But really,  the big question is why would she want someone who "assaulted"  her to sign her yearbook? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

Go back and read the article; she states that she told her family.  You mean to tell me that her family did nothing?

Not to mention her boyfriend btw...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@roamer_1

Each school has its own system regarding yearbooks and we are talking 40 yrs. ago.  Would have to talk to school to find out how they did it that long ago.  She took it to her job one day and he signed it.  Being a DA, he likely signed and dated it like he would something in his office.  If the writing did not match today's writing, her attorney would not have let her show it. The writing is distinctive enough to compare to today's writing. He was in his 30s so the writing would not be much different than today's, especially for an attorney.  The yearbook connects him to her.

When he talked to Hannity before this last woman, he said he didn't remember dating young girls; said if he did it, he doesn't remember.  Hannity asked him over and over if he dated young girls - finally he said no.  I knew he was lying then as a simple no the first time Hannity asked was so simple and he couldn't say it.  Another time, he said he asked the girls' parents.  If he doesn't remember it, how could he remember he asked girls' parents?  He has been all over the board trying to explain this to get out of it.
Did Hannity say "young" or did he say "underage"? Those are two different things, and "young" is being used as a pejorative code word for "underage". Sloppy semantics, but the former Judge would know well that words mean something, legally, and is rapidly becoming familiar with how the media will exchange an innocuous word for a pejorative.

Of course, he is being careful, he's dancing the Tango in a densely set minefield.

Now, just for fun, pick out a 40 year old example of your handwriting. Compare it to a fresh example, same text. Handwriting is thought by some to mirror the personality of the person writing it.

If his hasn't changed at all in 40 years, I would think he is unusual in that regard.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:29:35 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

2/3 vote of the Senate can remove a member.

Not for no reason they can't!  Sorry!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

This is new. Supposedly, Moore was banned from a mall in the 80s for creeping on teenage girls. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

Just looking through it,   they don't really have a source other than hear say.   People saying they heard a rumor seems to make up the bulk of their claim. 

I find it odd that anyone would try to ban a District Attorney.    That doesn't even smell right. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

@libertybele

Think I remember she told her mother two years ago.  She told her husband before she married him.

That begs the question why she didn't tell her family when the bruises were fresh on her body...
Why she covered the bruises instead of wearing em to work and telling everyone she could who put em there...

That's how these things work, at least around here. That sombich wouldn't have been in town anymore, not to mention in office, if he didn't wind up with the worms.

This is a damn serious business, and every right she had at the time was forgone - for no logical reason.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Just looking through it,   they don't really have a source other than hear say.   People saying they heard a rumor seems to make up the bulk of their claim. 

I find it odd that anyone would try to ban a District Attorney.    That doesn't even smell right.

Actually not, they have two sources, one named, who are in law enforcement now, who were security guards at the time saying they were told to keep him out of the mall. This one even isnt a unnamed source issue.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Actually not, they have two sources, one named, who are in law enforcement now, who were security guards at the time saying they were told to keep him out of the mall. This one even isnt a unnamed source issue.

I saw them mention two security guards at the beginning of the article,   but I didn't see where they named any names.   

And who is this source in law enforcement?    We should take a gander at his facebook page.  (if he has one.)      I should not be surprised to see he's a Jones supporter.   

I also think a security guard would have to have some pretty big balls to tell a district attorney that he couldn't come into a mall.   

Again,  that just doesn't even smell right.    If it was such a problem that they were told to keep him out,  why would no one speak to the District Attorney about his conduct?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

Especially considering that would have been brought up during any election subsequent to that ban.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Maybe I am not reading it right, I know I clearly somewhere saw it say he would NOT divulge his sources...

I followed a link from your link to New American Journal (leftist rag) .   

https://www.newamericanjournal.net/2017/11/more-salacious-allegations-surface-against-pious-roy-moore/

Gwynn Wilson ..... seems he runs the site.... and does most the leftist articles...

https://www.newamericanjournal.net/new-american-journal-masthead-contributing-writers/

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:04:01 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DiogenesLamp

The control was on the driver's side.

I just realized something.   If the control was on the driver's side,   he did not need to reach across her to lock the door.   

If the "unlock"  button  was on the drivers side,   it also functioned as a "lock"  button.    The fact that he reached across her to lock the door indicates the car does not even have power locks.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

This is part of the woman's statement:

A week or two later I was working at the restaurant. My shift ended at 10pm when the restaurant closed. It was a cold night and I went outside to wait for my boyfriend to pick me up and drive me home. My boyfriend was late. Mr. Moore exited the restaurant at the same time as I did. He noticed that my boyfriend was not there and he offered me a ride home.

I trusted Mr. Moore. He was the District attorney. I thought that he was simply doing something nice by offering to drive me home. I did not want to wait outside in the cold so I agreed.

I wanted to call my boyfriend but this was before cell phones and I had no way to contact him. My home was only about two and a half miles away. I planned to call my boyfriend after I got home to let him know that I had gotten a ride home and that there was no need for him to pick me up.

Mr. Moore was wearing brown hush puppies on his feet. He drove a two door car. I believe that it was an old car, but I do not recall the model. I got into his car in the passenger seat. He began driving. I thought he would get on the highway, but instead he drove to the back of the restaurant. I was not immediately alarmed as there was an exit from the back of the restaurant to the street and he could drive from there to my house without getting on the highway. However, instead of driving to the street he stopped the car and parked his car in between the dumpster and the back of the restaurant where there were no lights. The area was dark and deserted. I was alarmed and I immediately asked him what he was doing.

Instead of answering my question, Mr. Moore reached over and began groping me, putting his hands on my breasts. I tried to open my car door to leave, but he reached over and locked it so I could not get out. I tried fighting him off, while yelling at him to stop, but instead of stopping he began squeezing my neck attempting to force my head onto his crotch. I continued to struggle. I was determined that I was not allow him to force me to have sex with him. I was terrified. He was also trying to pull my shirt off. I thought that he was going to rape me. I was twisting and struggling and begging him to stop. I had tears running down my face.

Too much detail.   Hushpuppies?  She remembers his shoe brand?  Also, why not call the boyfriend from the restaurant?  And finally, she says she and Moore walked out of the restaurant together.  Yet she says she waited for her boyfriend to pick her up and that Moore offered her a ride.  Doesn't sound like she waited at all.

She also says this happened a week or two after the Dec 22 date.  She should be able to identify the exact date since she knows so many other details.  Was it Jan 1, 1978?
In 1977, an older car with power locks? What make and model? I'd like to check and see if that option was available. And yes, young ladies have been conscious of the cars people drive--if she noticed it was "older", she should have noticed the make.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

In 1977, an older car with power locks? What make and model? I'd like to check and see if that option was available. And yes, young ladies have been conscious of the cars people drive--if she noticed it was "older", she should have noticed the make.

It could not have had power locks,  or Moore would not have allegedly needed to reach across her to lock the door.   

He could have just used the "lock"  button for the power door locks. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Victoria33

Now, just for fun, pick out a 40 year old example of your handwriting. Compare it to a fresh example, same text. Handwriting is thought by some to mirror the personality of the person writing it.
If his hasn't changed at all in 40 years, I would think he is unusual in that regard.
@Smokin Joe

I took a course on handwriting.  The way you write lower case letters and going to the next letter tends not to change.  You may purposely change the way you make a capital letter, but stringing your lower letters together or putting space between some lower case letters tends to stay the same.  A handwriting expert would know immediately if that writing was his.  But it doesn't take one to see the similarities between his signature now and then. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just more Gloria Allred theatrics!  Nothing more than that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Had a 73 4 door Gold colored Cadi (lead sled) with automatic window, can't remember if the locks were electric or not. Ye memory fails ya after a while.

Edit: Yes it did have power locks... Ebay confirmed.....  so even in 73 such existed.

@Smokin Joe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Cadillac-DeVille/192363591462?hash=item2cc9c37726:g:dCYAAOSwTmtaCfN7&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:45:47 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Back in my college days in the mid to late '70's 99% of us guys could have been charged with sexual harassment.  The other 1% were gay.

Things were different then.  Oogling and remarks to the attractive female population was pretty much the norm in parties, and other social gatherings.

Not saying it was right.....   just saying it was normal and accepted.

Of course the behavior for dating, was much more gentlemenly,  but that's another subject by itself.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

It could not have had power locks,  or Moore would not have allegedly needed to reach across her to lock the door.   

He could have just used the "lock"  button for the power door locks.
What manufacturer had those then?

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

Anything Gloria Allred is associated with has got to be trash news in the first place. Also, in the photo of her holding the year book, why would this allegator be wearing what appears to look like an engagement ring on her right index finger? Weird!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline ConservativeGranny

@libertybele

He grabbed her breasts, tried to force her head into his crotch, tried to take off her shirt.

That would have been sexual assault before 2016. The rules are different now, if you have an "R" after your name.

Now that kind of stuff is just locker room stuff. If you are old or in a wheelchair you get a double pass.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I took a course on handwriting.  The way you write lower case letters and going to the next letter tends not to change.  You may purposely change the way you make a capital letter, but stringing your lower letters together or putting space between some lower case letters tends to stay the same.  A handwriting expert would know immediately if that writing was his.  But it doesn't take one to see the similarities between his signature now and then.
Actually, I'm not questioning whether he singed her yearbook, although the timing seems odd (Dec. 22), and the wording is a little stilted and phraseology awkward, to me, too.

It seems more patronizing than impassioned; a favor on request for someone who served him often and who was nice. During the oil boom of the late '70s/early 80s here we bantered with the waitresses in the eating joints we frequented, everyone knew everyone by name. We didn't cross the line, though, although any of us would have given someone a ride home from work without any 'compensation'--especially in December, but that's different here.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

What manufacturer had those then?

Let me try again.    If Moore's alleged car had power door locks,   he would not have needed to reach across to lock them.   

Ergo,   this alleged car did not have power door locks.   We can figure that out by the woman's own statement that he reached across her to lock her door. 

It didn't have them.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hoodat

So  the passenger could never get out unless the driver electrically unlocked the passenger side door?   
In the event of an accident in which the driver is unable to push the button,  the passenger is just stuck in the car?

Maybe he was driving a police car.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Not for no reason they can't!  Sorry!

Article I, Section 5

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.

They don't need a reason.  They can do whatever they want.  However, they will never get 67 votes to expel unless he is criminally convicted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-