Author Topic: Watch the US Marines place a temporary bridge across the Colorado River  (Read 431 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Watch the US Marines place a temporary bridge across the Colorado River
Emma Fierberg

Nov. 10, 2017, 3:28 PM

The US Marines built a temporary bridge across the Colorado River so Light Armored Reconnaissance could cross it. Here's how they did it. Following is a transcript of the video.

Continued at: http://www.businessinsider.com/us-marines-built-temporary-bridge-across-colorado-river-2017-9?utm_source=hearst&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=allverticals

Offline bolobaby

Re: Watch the US Marines place a temporary bridge across the Colorado River
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:36:55 am »
I've done this when I switched to 12C from 11B for a time.

Let me just say that those jet-powered boats used to push the ribbon bridge around are AWESOME. They can vector the trust beneath the boat, so you can literally lift the ass end on the boat up out of the water.

For a really good time, get some speed up, THEN vector the thrust straight down. Suddenly the nose is plunging into the water.

Two tons of fun.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!