Author Topic: A poll shows Roy Moore losing his lead in Alabama's senate race following allegations of sexual misconduct  (Read 616 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A poll shows Roy Moore losing his lead in Alabama's senate race following allegations of sexual misconduct

Maxwell Tani

excerpt;
A poll released by JMC Analytics on Sunday found that 48% of Alabama voters said they were leaning toward supporting Democratic candidate Doug Jones, compared to just 44% who said they were considering supporting Moore.

more
http://www.businessinsider.com/roy-moore-poll-losing-sexual-misconduct-washington-post-2017-11
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

The telephone survey of 575 individuals with a plus or minus 4.1% margin-of-error, was conducted between November 9-11, after the Washington Post story was released

Wow. A poll of anyone who picked up the phone regardless of age, ability to vote or even breath. Awesome poll.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

JMC is a analytics polling professional company.  The households chosen voted in the general election; it was not a random calling poll.

"POLLING METHODOLOGY For this poll, a landline sample of likely households (based on recent general election participation) for an automated poll was chosen from the population registered to vote in the state of Alabama, and there were 575 completed responses to 11 poll questions." 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak

JMC is a analytics polling professional company.  The households chosen voted in the general election; it was not a random calling poll.

"POLLING METHODOLOGY For this poll, a landline sample of likely households (based on recent general election participation) for an automated poll was chosen from the population registered to vote in the state of Alabama, and there were 575 completed responses to 11 poll questions."

Appreciate your adding that.  For whom was the poll commissioned?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

@mystery-ak

It was a random calling poll or it would have stated "Likely" or "Registered" voters as it's sample. They randomly used whoever picked up a phone. Could be a kid. Could be the pet hamster. No R v D weighting. Didn't matter as long as something picked up a phone and answered 11 questions.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ignore the polls from the Alabama election.  The questions and results are going to get uglier the closer to the election the polls are taken.  Remember, polls are now used to create news, not generate a snapshot in time.

FWIT, my advice to the Moore campaign: change the damn subject.   Remind voters, often and loudly, why they should vote for Moore.  What will his seat in the Senate mean to Alabama, the nation, our military, our national and international security, our personal financial security??

A warm and fuzzy "native son" TV ad might also be helpful.

Just do whatever it takes to keep the damn seat.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:54:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ignore the polls from the Alabama election.  The questions and results are going to get uglier the closer to the election the polls are taken.  Remember, polls are now used to create news, not generate a snapshot in time.

FWIT, my advice to the Moore campaign: change the damn subject.   Remind voters, often and loudly, why they should vote for Moore.  What will his seat in the Senate mean to Alabama, the nation, our military, our national and international security, our personal financial security??

A warm and fuzzy "native son" TV ad might also be helpful.

Just do whatever it takes to win the damn seat.

NOPE! Turn the cannons around and fire them till they melt down I say! 

Go after the scum sucking swamp dwellers behind this outrageous attack with all barrels blazing and he might win by 30 points!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

NOPE! Turn the cannons around and fire them till they melt down I say! 

Go after the scum sucking swamp dwellers behind this outrageous attack with all barrels blazing and he might win by 30 points!

Maybe.  But do you really want Alabamans (is that the adjective?) drowning in this debate? 

Remind them why they chose Moore, why it was the right decision then and is the right decision now.  This may be the better strategy.

Destroy the attackers as Senator-elect.  This gives Moore firmer footing, a stronger voice, the verdict of the voters and the allies too squishy to stand with him now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe.  But do you really want Alabamans (is that the adjective?) drowning in this debate? 

Remind them why they chose Moore, why it was the right decision then and is the right decision now.  This may be the better strategy.

Destroy the attackers as Senator-elect.  This gives Moore firmer footing, a stronger voice, the verdict of the voters and the allies too squishy to stand with him now.

I agree with your view of the strategy.  Moore's opponent is talking about other things and staying away from this, Moore needs to do the same.  There will be time enough for a reckoning later.  Besides, if Moore loses this will all be yesterday's news.

That said, I don't blame him for refusing a "debate."  All the newshounds will do is pester him about this, even if it turns out the youngest accuser is FOS. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: