Author Topic: Russian Facebook page organized a protest in Texas - Different Russian page launched the counterprotest  (Read 663 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

A Russian Facebook page organized a protest in Texas. A different Russian page launched the counterprotest.

Newly released Facebook ads revealed Wednesday show that two Russian-linked Facebook groups organized opposing protests last year at the same time outside an Islamic center in Houston.

Nov. 1, 2017

" Federal lawmakers on Wednesday released samples of 3,000 Facebook ads purchased by Russian operatives during the 2016 presidential campaign. The ads conveyed the wide range of influence Russian-linked groups tried to enact on Americans – but one set of ads in particular hit close to home.

Last year, two Russian Facebook pages organized dueling rallies in front of the Islamic Da’wah Center of Houston, according to information released by U.S. Sen. Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican.

Heart of Texas, a Russian-controlled Facebook group that promoted Texas secession, leaned into an image of the state as a land of guns and barbecue and amassed hundreds of thousands of followers. One of their ads on Facebook announced a noon rally on May 21, 2016 to “Stop Islamification of Texas.”

A separate Russian-sponsored group, United Muslims of America, advertised a “Save Islamic Knowledge” rally for the same place and time.

On that day, protesters organized by the two groups showed up on Travis Street in downtown Houston, a scene that appeared on its face to be a protest and a counterprotest. Interactions between the two groups eventually escalated into confrontation and verbal attacks.

Burr, the committee's chairman, unveiled the ads at a hearing Wednesday morning and said Russians managed to pit Texans against each other for the bargain price of $200. "

more at link

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11/01/russian-facebook-page-organized-protest-texas-different-russian-page-l/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Moon over Alabama (I think that's the name of the website) and the Duran and I stumbled on another the other day, seem to put out pro-Russian or anti-USA propaganda. I certainly can believe this happens. Disinformation. Southfront too. Some of the propaganda is Iranian based too. I saw some sort of figure where it showed and compared the so-called propaganda websites, VOA, Radio Free Europe, RT.  I will have to find it again.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline KingsX

Is it just a coincidence that these renegade EU nations are former Soviet Warsaw Pact countries ??

Or is this Putin's brilliant tactic to undermine and weaken the EU and NATO ??

Putin could be using western leftist cultural marxist fifth-columnists he inherited from Soviet times to  promote nation destroying third world immigration into the EU [and the US]... while at the same time Putin could be promoting White nationalism to rebel against the insane third world immigration policy.  This would cause division, civil unrest and maybe even civil war in the camp of Putin's enemies.

Hungary Sides With Poland In EU Row, Tells Brussels 'Not To Overstep Authority'

" Warsaw and Budapest have recently been embroiled in another row with Brussels. This time, after the EU accused Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic of not fulfilling their obligations in managing Europe’s migrant and refugee crisis as outlined in its 2015 plan."

https://www.rt.com/news/397006-hungary-supports-poland-against-eu-commission/

Offline TomSea

@KingsX
That's long been theorized, that those powers are purposefully flooding Europe with refugees. Oh, yeah, they love Assad.

Offline KingsX

@KingsX
That's long been theorized, that those powers are purposefully flooding Europe with refugees. Oh, yeah, they love Assad.

At the height of the Syrian flood into the EU,  Putin was busy carpet-bombing Syria.

Former NATO Chief Breedlove said that Putin had "weaponized" the refugees.

Some of the so-called Syrian refugees turned out to be Russian nationals [Chechen Muslims.]

Putin has tens of millions of Muslims in Russia who could provide him with quite large demographic fifth-column armies in both the EU and USA.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:10:52 am by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

Both Putin and Merkel lived in East Germany when the Berlin Wall fell.

Merkel crossed over into West Germany that same Nov 9th night the wall fell.
Now she is tsarina over the massive third world destruction of western Europe.

This is my point... it's the former Soviet Warsaw Pact nations who are rebelling
against Merkel's insane immigration policy. I think it is a set up.... and Merkel
who also hails from another former Warsaw Pact nation... East Germany...
is a big part of the clever ruse.

Offline KingsX

Trump's fault.

Do you realize how right you might be ?

I have suspected from the beginning that Trump is allied with Putin.
That's why from the beginning I've called Trump the "Governor of Gutium."

Offline TomSea

At the height of the Syrian flood into the EU,  Putin was busy carpet-bombing Syria.

Former NATO Chief Breedlove said that Putin had "weaponized" the refugees.

Some of the so-called Syrian refugees turned out to be Russian nationals [Chechen Muslims.]

Putin has tens of millions of Muslims in Russia who could provide him with quite large demographic fifth-column armies in both the EU and USA.

I know that..

Offline KingsX

I know that..

I've no doubt.  You appear to be in tune with the important aspects of history and current events...
and not distracted like so many others by mundane bread and circuses.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:58:41 am by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

Check out Merkel's October 7 reference.
October 7 is Putin's birthday and usually signals
an important event.

November 8, 2014

Yearning for freedom brought down Berlin Wall, says Merkel

BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Saturday an irrepressible yearning for freedom brought the Berlin Wall tumbling down 25 years ago and called it a "miracle" that the Cold War barrier was breached without a shot being fired.

[...]

Merkel, who was a 35-year-old scientist in Communist East Berlin at the time, told German television earlier on Saturday that she remembered tension, fear and excitement in the air in the weeks and days leading up to the opening of the Wall.

"It was a miracle that everything happened peacefully," said Merkel, who was on her way home from a visit to the sauna when she saw crowds of people heading west and joined them. "There had been a lot of excitement for weeks. There were tanks that had been on my street since October 7."

Merkel, chancellor since 2005, began her career in politics months later as a deputy party spokeswoman. Usually guarded about her life in East Germany, Merkel had until recently been circumspect about revealing details of what she did on the evening the wall opened.

But in recent weeks she has spoken more openly and on Saturday said: "After I left the sauna on the evening of November 9, I went over the Bornholmer Street crossing to the other side and celebrated there with total strangers."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-wall/yearning-for-freedom-brought-down-berlin-wall-says-merkel-idUSKBN0IS0PL20141108