Author Topic: Former Moore colleague: 'Common knowledge' that he dated high school girls  (Read 4217 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Former Moore colleague: 'Common knowledge' that he dated high school girls
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 03:46:07 pm »
@TomSea

Let's do the any female 17 or older is an ADULT female and free to date whoever she
wants argument and throw in the Moore was a gentleman and asked the parents for
permissions to date their daughter argument.

Please tell me that is wrong with an adult male dating an adult female with the permission
of said females' relatives.  Todays' snow flake cultural norms are not the cultural norm of
1970s rural American.

Could be so.. but the fact that we are now parsing words about whom is an adult, whom is not pushes this into a shady area.  And all this does is bring us back to the original statement, it may be legal but is it ethical?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 03:51:51 pm »
I don't buy this whole thing about calling this some new "snowflake" terminology, we know that many women in their teens got married very young, 15, 17, coal miner's daughter Loretta Lynn and so on in the past... so, then, we should just cut to the chase of this argument/

If the OP is correct, we are looking at a situation, where the individual in question, Moore, could possibly have intentionally been pursuing girls 19 and younger and that is what raises the eyebrows of people, that sounds a bit like a predator <---- And I don't mean that to be a negative remark on Moore, that is the way it comes off.

Not the line, "I dated a lot of women", could some of them have been teenagers? "I won't deny it".

Again, read the article, the interviewee sounds like he says "we thought it was strange but didn't pay much attention to it", something like that.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 04:12:55 pm »
He hung out at the mall??  LOL  Okay then.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 04:16:02 pm »
Could be so.. but the fact that we are now parsing words about whom is an adult, whom is not pushes this into a shady area.  And all this does is bring us back to the original statement, it may be legal but is it ethical?

Of course it is ethical for an older adult male to date a younger adult female. That
has been going on for thousands of years. It is perfectly normal. An older male
has wealth, power and experience, females like that. A human female wants a
male that can take care of her and her children. Older men in general are better at
that then younger men.

This is not rocket science.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2017, 05:01:19 pm »
Of course it is ethical for an older adult male to date a younger adult female. That
has been going on for thousands of years. It is perfectly normal. An older male
has wealth, power and experience, females like that. A human female wants a
male that can take care of her and her children. Older men in general are better at
that then younger men.

This is not rocket science.

So, it is ethical for a 32 or even 30 year old male to be out on the prowl for women 19 years old to say, 17 years old.  If one wants to believe that fine. Now, the lawyerly talk seems to be what you are saying. An older man dates a younger women. Not much of an argument at that.  Where it is an argument is when one brings in the exact numbers.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 05:01:53 pm »
He hung out at the mall??  LOL  Okay then.

Yes, I read that too.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 05:05:07 pm »
So, it is ethical for a 32 or even 30 year old male to be out on the prowl for women 19 years old to say, 17 years old.  If one wants to believe that fine. Now, the lawyerly talk seems to be what you are saying. An older man dates a younger women. Not much of an argument at that.  Where it is an argument is when one brings in the exact numbers.

So where was your outrage when the 30 something Charles was dating the teenage Diana.

The exact numbers are chosen by the peoples representatives in state legislatures. They are
know as the age of consent. In Alabama it was and is 16. And please note that none of
those that dated Moore claim to have had sexual intercourse with him. Nothing more then
a goodness kiss or two. All in all pretty tame stuff.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:24:12 pm by jpsb »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 05:12:17 pm »

I just posted this on another thread, but my dad was 30 when he married my mom who was 20 and they had dated for a couple years prior to that.   I'm a lot younger than most of the old farts here; I guess I am the product of an unethical union.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 05:12:58 pm »
I have what has become a rather novel idea:  Lets allow the voters of AL decide if the alleged acts actually happened, and even if so, whether they constitute a reason to vote for a Democrat or stay home on election day.

I know, it's a radical idea of mine, but sometimes I'm prone to these flights of fancy.  It's a character flaw.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 05:15:18 pm »
I just posted this on another thread, but my dad was 30 when he married my mom who was 20 and they had dated for a couple years prior to that.   I'm a lot younger than most of the old farts here; I guess I am the product of an unethical union.

Me too my mom was 16 when she married my older father.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 05:19:37 pm »
I have what has become a rather novel idea:  Lets allow the voters of AL decide if the alleged acts actually happened, and even if so, whether they constitute a reason to vote for a Democrat or stay home on election day.

I know, it's a radical idea of mine, but sometimes I'm prone to these flights of fancy.  It's a character flaw.

Dumb idea.  :tongue2:  :laugh:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2017, 05:24:24 pm »

I saw your remark.

So, did your dad date a number of high school girls when he was 30-32? If the answer is no, there goes such haughtiness.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 05:27:09 pm »
I saw your remark.

So, did your dad date a number of high school girls when he was 30-32? If the answer is no, there goes such haughtiness.

Well damn, he was newly married to my 20 - 22 year old mom then, so I hope not.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 05:27:47 pm »
Actually, it seems to be a number of Never-Trumpers now have the shoe on the other foot. They would put down the Republican party at a drop of the hat but defend Moore. Moore's interview did not come off well; we all have a right to change our minds. We have pass cases of Richard Jewell being wrongly accused of being the Atlanta Olympics bomber, we have the Duke LaCrosse case which Hannity has made clear in discussing this. This is a discussion forum.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 05:35:29 pm »
Actually, it seems to be a number of Never-Trumpers now have the shoe on the other foot. They would put down the Republican party at a drop of the hat but defend Moore. Moore's interview did not come off well; we all have a right to change our minds. We have pass cases of Richard Jewell being wrongly accused of being the Atlanta Olympics bomber, we have the Duke LaCrosse case which Hannity has made clear in discussing this. This is a discussion forum.

It's worse than that.  I see both Never Trumpers and Ever Trumpers lining up on the same side, demanding Moore get out.  Trump supporters want him out because they think Trump doesn't like him, the Nevers want him out because they think he'll work with Trump anyway. 

It seems the only people on his side are the people wanting to wait and see what the evidence brings us.  They are the folks who refused to take a side n the Trump War.

This has to be the most stupid argument I've seen on this forum, and that includes the Trump War.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:36:05 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 05:37:10 pm »
Everybody else is lying and only Moore is telling the truth.  :silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 05:40:11 pm »
Everybody else is lying and only Moore is telling the truth.  :silly:

See?
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 05:44:58 pm »
It's worse than that.  I see both Never Trumpers and Ever Trumpers lining up on the same side, demanding Moore get out.  Trump supporters want him out because they think Trump doesn't like him, the Nevers want him out because they think he'll work with Trump anyway. 

It seems the only people on his side are the people wanting to wait and see what the evidence brings us.  They are the folks who refused to take a side n the Trump War.

This has to be the most stupid argument I've seen on this forum, and that includes the Trump War.
I hate to rip apart your pretty little package with bow on top, but I have no trouble taking a side in the "Trump War" and I want to wait and see what the evidence brings us in this case.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 06:02:17 pm »
I hate to rip apart your pretty little package with bow on top, but I have no trouble taking a side in the "Trump War" and I want to wait and see what the evidence brings us in this case.

It wasn't that pretty a bow in the first place, @RoosGirl.  It's an imperfect analogy, considering how many people are in the statistical population.  I should have specified I was making a generalization.  40 lashes with a wet noodle.

But take a look at all the people rushing to judgement about Moore, then look how they sided in the Trump War.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »
So where was your outrage when the 30 something Charles was dating the teenage Diana.

The exact numbers are chosen by the peoples representatives in state legislatures. They are
know as the age of consent. In Alabama it was and is 16. And please note that none of
those that dated Moore claim to have had sexual intercourse with him. Nothing more then
a goodness kiss or two. All in all pretty tame stuff.

That's royalty in the UK; it's hard to really relate to it in one way or another.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 06:05:57 pm »
You mean 'bullshit'.

There's a difference?
I will NOT comply.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 06:06:21 pm »

What is it exactly about Moore's politics that would create such a witch-hunt to bring him down ??

Who is afraid of him and why ??

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 06:08:37 pm »
Trump supporters want him out because they think Trump doesn't like him, ....

Well, @Cyber Liberty this supporter of President Trump calls  :bs: on this.

I'm not an expert on Alabama politics.  But I watched Luther Strange (too moderate, checkered past) and Mo Brooks (not conservative enough) discarded in the primary. 

Nearly everyone here participating in the discussions of the Alabama primary preferred Moore ... the strong heterosexual, who was ousted from the bench over his principled stance on the display of the Ten Commandments and who flirts with a political philosophy akin to Christian theocracy.

Those briefers had their prayers answered ... Moore won.  He is the chosen candidate for the general election.

All this supporter of the President wanted after his primary victory ... and now ... is for Moore to win.  Judicial appointments demand it.  So do not lose this GD seat!!!

We'll clean up the damage Moore's election will do to the conservative movement later.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 06:09:35 pm »

What is it exactly about Moore's politics that would create such a witch-hunt to bring him down ??

Who is afraid of him and why ??

Yup.  The political equivalent of "follow the money."  Who stands to benefit the most if Moore can be destroyed?
I will NOT comply.