Author Topic: CIA: Director 'stands by' Russian interference assessment  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: CIA: Director 'stands by' Russian interference assessment
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 04:24:09 pm »
People are very quick to accuse Republicans of things they would never charge Dems with.  Take a gander at the threads where people are throwing Judge Roy Moore to the wolves with no evidence, just a fine-tuned sense of suspicion, based upon little more than their own experiences.

While I agree with your point, I take issue with your example. There IS evidence...in the form of testimony...regarding Roy Moore. Proof is too big of a word, but clearly testimony is evidence...particularly when corroborated by contemporary acquaintances...heck, even friends of Moore are saying he was "known" for dating teenagers. Moore himself is admitting to doing so with a 17 year old...which is just plain wrong. In his interview with a Republican friendly journalist...Hannity...the best the man could say was "generally" he didn't date teenagers...that's pathetic. So just the bit that he's actually admitting to is disqualifying as I see it...and politically...the testimony of these teenagers about his conduct is compelling enough that it can't be ignored. I'm not convicting the man in a legal sense, but in political terms he needs to step aside...his presence can only hurt the conservative cause at this point IMHO...especially if he wins the seat. If that happens, we're stuck with this albatross for the next 4 years.

I've no doubt the Dems have dirty hands on the Moore issue...clearly holding this stuff in reserve until the critical moment...but sadly, there is truth in the fact that he was dating underage teenagers as a 32 year old prosecutor (which he is admitted regarding the 17 year old). We can't ignore that truth, nor downplay it...even if the motives of those exposing it are corrupt. We have to be better than that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:25:48 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 04:33:46 pm »
People are very quick to accuse Republicans of things they would never charge Dems with.  Take a gander at the threads where people are throwing Judge Roy Moore to the wolves with no evidence, just a fine-tuned sense of suspicion, based upon little more than their own experiences.

Not only those things, but analytical skills.

Do you think it's a huge leap for an admitted ephebophile to pursue hebephilia? Some would say that estimation is important to consider.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 04:35:15 pm »
So Moore should step down and have the Dem win by default?  That seems to be the prevailing wisdom lately. 

It's not the evidence, it's the seriousness of the allegation.

Fortunately, it appears the people who matter, the voters of AL, are refusing to be stampeded without solid evidence. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 04:41:22 pm »
Not only those things, but analytical skills.

Do you think it's a huge leap for an admitted ephebophile to pursue hebephilia? Some would say that estimation is important to consider.

Thanks.  Due to the hysterics on the other thread about this, folks pretty much know who's taken what side on this.  We have people who swear he's guilty of something no matter what, we have people who say he's not, no matter what, and then there are people who want to see something proven conclusively before throwing somebody under the bus. 

They're the ones who are constantly accused by one side or the other of being extremist in their opinion, when in fact they are the farthest thing from it.

It's like the Trump Wars, all over again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2017, 04:44:05 pm »
So Moore should step down and have the Dem win by default?  That seems to be the prevailing wisdom lately. 

It's not the evidence, it's the seriousness of the allegation.

Fortunately, it appears the people who matter, the voters of AL, are refusing to be stampeded without solid evidence.

No. He should step down and the Governor should postpone the election another 30 days. At which point the Republican party has the legal right to appoint a new nominee directly.

What more evidence do you need than an admission to dating a 17 year old as a 32 year old man? And he stated that he "generally" didn't date teenagers...that too is damning. The issue with the 14 year old need not even be addressed...though the testimony and corroboration are compelling if not conclusive. Simply put, what he's admitted to at this point clearly disqualifies the man...as I said, if he were to win the seat he'd become a broad metaphor for the moral hypocrisy of conservatives and that would be huge millstone on our necks heading into the 2018 elections. We really can't afford that at this point...things are literally hanging on the edge of a knife as it is.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 04:46:43 pm »
First thing, 30 days would not be enough, because the law requires a primary, and a majority of votes possibly leading to a runoff.

Secondly, thanks for clarifying which side you have taken, that law doesn't matter to you.  Good to know in the future.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:47:40 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 04:47:04 pm »
While I agree with your point, I take issue with your example. There IS evidence...in the form of testimony...regarding Roy Moore. Proof is too big of a word, but clearly testimony is evidence...particularly when corroborated by contemporary acquaintances...heck, even friends of Moore are saying he was "known" for dating teenagers. Moore himself is admitting to doing so with a 17 year old...which is just plain wrong. In his interview with a Republican friendly journalist...Hannity...the best the man could say was "generally" he didn't date teenagers...that's pathetic. So just the bit that he's actually admitting to is disqualifying as I see it...and politically...the testimony of these teenagers about his conduct is compelling enough that it can't be ignored. I'm not convicting the man in a legal sense, but in political terms he needs to step aside...his presence can only hurt the conservative cause at this point IMHO...especially if he wins the seat. If that happens, we're stuck with this albatross for the next 4 years.

I've no doubt the Dems have dirty hands on the Moore issue...clearly holding this stuff in reserve until the critical moment...but sadly, there is truth in the fact that he was dating underage teenagers as a 32 year old prosecutor (which he is admitted regarding the 17 year old). We can't ignore that truth, nor downplay it...even if the motives of those exposing it are corrupt. We have to be better than that.

There's little compelling to it. You have mostly hearsay, speculation, and uncorroborated testimony by questionable suspects in a news article from a seriously compromised reporter.

If people want to rachet up their imaginations from that, that is their right, but it's pretty thin gruel to make a case on.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 04:49:32 pm »
No. He should step down and the Governor should postpone the election another 30 days. At which point the Republican party has the legal right to appoint a new nominee directly.

What more evidence do you need than an admission to dating a 17 year old as a 32 year old man? And he stated that he "generally" didn't date teenagers...that too is damning. The issue with the 14 year old need not even be addressed...though the testimony and corroboration are compelling if not conclusive. Simply put, what he's admitted to at this point clearly disqualifies the man...as I said, if he were to win the seat he'd become a broad metaphor for the moral hypocrisy of conservatives and that would be huge millstone on our necks heading into the 2018 elections. We really can't afford that at this point...things are literally hanging on the edge of a knife as it is.

But this is not a theocracy. The world does not turn on your moral perspective.

The election date has been set. The primaries have been held. Roy Moore is on the ballot. Changing election dates becaues of unsubtantiated allegations is not how it works.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »
It's like the Trump Wars, all over again.

It is a Trump wars all over again. Moore said he likes Trump and would help Trump
implement his agenda. So all the NeverTrumpers and the uniparty have declared war
on Moore. Moore also said he will not support Mitch as leader. For that reason alone
we should all get behind Moore. Non GOPe Moore is a proxy for non GOPe Trump.
He must be destroyed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 04:56:38 pm »
But this is not a theocracy. The world does not turn on your moral perspective.

The election date has been set. The primaries have been held. Roy Moore is on the ballot. Changing election dates becaues of unsubtantiated allegations is not how it works.

Correct.  This is no different than people marching with pink hats demanding Hillary Clinton be installed as President after the election last year.  No different.  I expect we'll see people screaming at the sky next December.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 04:58:09 pm »
Correct.  This is no different than people marching with pink hats demanding Hillary Clinton be installed as President after the election last year.  No different.  I expect we'll see people screaming at the sky next December.

This conversation is MY FAULT, I accidentally hijacked this thread.  Let's get back to the Roossians.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2017, 05:02:16 pm »

From another thread, perhaps you would care to take a shot at it.

Let's do the any female 17 or older is an ADULT female and free to date whoever she
wants argument and throw in the Moore was a gentleman and asked the parents for
permissions to date their daughter argument.

Please tell me that is wrong with an adult male dating an adult female with the permission
of said females' relatives.  Todays' snow flake cultural norms are not the cultural norm of
1970s rural American.

Of course it is ethical for an older adult male to date a younger adult female. That
has been going on for thousands of years. It is perfectly normal. An older male
has wealth, power and experience, females like that. A human female wants a
male that can take care of her and her children. Older men in general are better at
that then younger men.

Did anyone have a fit when Price Charles (in his 30s) dated the teenager Diana. No.

This is not rocket science.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:05:57 pm by jpsb »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 05:11:15 pm »
It is a Trump wars all over again. Moore said he likes Trump and would help Trump
implement his agenda. So all the NeverTrumpers and the uniparty have declared war
on Moore. Moore also said he will not support Mitch as leader. For that reason alone
we should all get behind Moore. Non GOPe Moore is a proxy for non GOPe Trump.
He must be destroyed.

It literally is that sad and pathetic. We even have Trumpers attacking Moore because he was not Trump's endorsed pick.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 05:12:47 pm »

:thumbsup3:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 05:16:32 pm »
First thing, 30 days would not be enough, because the law requires a primary, and a majority of votes possibly leading to a runoff.

Secondly, thanks for clarifying which side you have taken, that law doesn't matter to you.  Good to know in the future.

There was a primary, and from the experts I've read a new primary is not required due to a delay in the election...if a party disqualifies its candidate, the runner up can be appointed to take his place without a new primary vote. Remember, primaries are internal elections done by parties, a different animal than the general election. They are still subject to state laws, of course, but the rules are very different governing the process.

Addressing your second and somewhat ad hominem point, the law is quite literally everything to me on issues like this, and if a new primary WERE required by law I'd be fine with that...and in that case the party would not allow this perv to be one of its candidates in that primary.

As for clarity, yes, I'm opposed to men in their 30's dating underage teenage girls and then representing my party and views as a Senator....I'd hoped all conservatives would feel the same.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:17:22 pm by Mesaclone »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 05:28:56 pm »
There was a primary, and from the experts I've read a new primary is not required due to a delay in the election...if a party disqualifies its candidate, the runner up can be appointed to take his place without a new primary vote. Remember, primaries are internal elections done by parties, a different animal than the general election. They are still subject to state laws, of course, but the rules are very different governing the process.

Addressing your second and somewhat ad hominem point, the law is quite literally everything to me on issues like this, and if a new primary WERE required by law I'd be fine with that...and in that case the party would not allow this perv to be one of its candidates in that primary.

As for clarity, yes, I'm opposed to men in their 30's dating underage teenage girls and then representing my party and views as a Senator....I'd hoped all conservatives would feel the same.

Fortunately, unless you constitute at least 51% of the votes in AL your opinion doesn't mean Jack.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 05:35:07 pm »

To tell, what "underage teenage girls" did Moore date?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 05:38:12 pm »
To tell, what "underage teenage girls" did Moore date?

"There's evidence."  The seriousness of the charges and all that.  Get with the program.... (do I HAVE to /s?)
I will NOT comply.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 05:48:44 pm »

With the help of Putin's million man army of Kremlin trolls how could Trump lose ??

What the hell does this even mean @KingsX

Surely you've heard of Putin's red army trolls.
They've been in international news for many years. 
Such an internet troll army could influence an election.

The Kremlin's Troll Army

Aug 12, 2014

" The Kremlin, which has waged a massive disinformation campaign aimed at legitimizing Russia's annexation of Crimea and support for separatists in eastern Ukraine, has employed so-called "troll armies" to invade online territories armed with pro-Moscow rhetoric.

A June article by Max Seddon of BuzzFeed reported the Kremlin was spending millions of dollars to pay English-speaking Russians to promote President Vladimir Putin and his policies in U.S. media like Fox News broadcasting and The Huffington Post and Politico news sites. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/08/the-kremlins-troll-army/375932/

Salutin' Putin: inside a Russian troll house

2 April 2015

" Former workers tell how hundreds of bloggers are paid to flood forums and social networks at home and abroad with anti-western and pro-Kremlin comments

The nondescript building has been identified as the headquarters of Russia’s “troll army”, where hundreds of paid bloggers work round the clock to flood Russian internet forums, social networks and the comments sections of western publications with remarks praising the president, Vladimir Putin, and raging at the depravity and injustice of the west. "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/02/putin-kremlin-inside-russian-troll-house

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 05:52:51 pm »

There appears to be off topic  "Russian interference" on this topic.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2017, 05:55:15 pm »

There appears to be off topic  "Russian interference" on this topic.

My fault.  Thanks for helping get this back on track....
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 05:58:29 pm »

Surely you've heard of Putin's red army trolls.
They've been in international news for many years. 
Such an internet troll army could influence an election.

The Kremlin's Troll Army

Aug 12, 2014

" The Kremlin, which has waged a massive disinformation campaign aimed at legitimizing Russia's annexation of Crimea and support for separatists in eastern Ukraine, has employed so-called "troll armies" to invade online territories armed with pro-Moscow rhetoric.

A June article by Max Seddon of BuzzFeed reported the Kremlin was spending millions of dollars to pay English-speaking Russians to promote President Vladimir Putin and his policies in U.S. media like Fox News broadcasting and The Huffington Post and Politico news sites. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/08/the-kremlins-troll-army/375932/

Salutin' Putin: inside a Russian troll house

2 April 2015

" Former workers tell how hundreds of bloggers are paid to flood forums and social networks at home and abroad with anti-western and pro-Kremlin comments

The nondescript building has been identified as the headquarters of Russia’s “troll army”, where hundreds of paid bloggers work round the clock to flood Russian internet forums, social networks and the comments sections of western publications with remarks praising the president, Vladimir Putin, and raging at the depravity and injustice of the west. "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/02/putin-kremlin-inside-russian-troll-house

I find these stories credible, despite their sources and some of their conclusions.  I don't think Putin much cared who won US President, so long as he could have influence.  Thus it has ever been, at least as long as I've been around (60's).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:59:06 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 06:03:07 pm »
"There's evidence."  The seriousness of the charges and all that.  Get with the program.... (do I HAVE to /s?)

Yeah I think I am going to take a break from this topic, maybe. Entirely to much drama.  :bullie smokin:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 06:04:00 pm »
Yeah I think I am going to take a break from this topic, maybe. Entirely to much drama.  :bullie smokin:

Yeah, dittos.  Costing too many friends.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 07:08:59 pm »
Fortunately, unless you constitute at least 51% of the votes in AL your opinion doesn't mean Jack.

Fortunately, on this board, it means every bit as much as yours. And as a member of the Republican party it likewise is the same as your own. And collectively, the view of Republicans across the country means a great deal on this issue. So you're all kinds of wrong. None of that disenfranchises Alabamans...pulling a party candidate who won a primary is in no way akin to trying to overturn a national election. Party nominations are a VERY different animal, and technically a party could simply appoint nominees to the general election if it so chose...an unwise approach perhaps, but thats another issue altogether.

I don't get it. Why are you wanting to defend someone who is clearly a predator...or at least was...by HIS OWN ADMISSION. A 17 year old is NOT an adult. Just because you could marry 12 year olds in 12th century England, does not make dating underage girls in this nation acceptable. Its not. And like I said, that's not even examining the charges of pursuing a 14 year old. Why would any Republican/Conservative want this man to represent them in the Senate...he is a child predator by his own admission, and perhaps worse.